Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Toddler and ski gear!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need help! First few days of our holiday in Champoluc and my toddler has a total hatred of his salopettes. Has spent his life in joggers so I get it, but there's no way they are warm or dry enough for spending time in the snow Eh oh! Anyone got any tips or tricks? I've tried pulling then on while he's watching some TV but he literally ripped them back off as soon as he realised, whilst crying hysterically!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will he go for wearing his joggers under his sallies? Assuming you're in resort right now so maybe won't help, but alternative would be fleece lined sallies so they feel like something he's used to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bribery of some form. The cheaper the better. Show them videos of kids having fun sledging etc and tell them they will get a sledge (cheap plastic variety) to have fun on but they need to wear the sallopettes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That doesn't sound like a lot of fun, hope something works!

For future ref, when ours were old enough to learn to ski (so from age 3) we bought them helmets rather than renting in resort so they could play around in them before going to get used to the idea of having to wear them. This was especially helpful for the the younger one as he had a myriad of sensory issues so helped familiarise him with the weight / texture. It also forced me to start wearing a helmet so they follow by example! I don't remember their helmets at that age being particularly expensive and they got 3 seasons use out of them so not a total waste of money.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At that age, we used Childrens' One Pieces, which were like a skiing baby grow. ie. Would a different bit of kit help or hinder? Could he be involved in picking it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try and take him out to where the ski schools are and show him that 'All the big children wear them to come and play in the snow...'
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How old is he, @icklepinkstar? It won't kill him to get very cold and wet and miserable once. Playing in snow (just poking a stick in it, or playing with a little bucket and spade) is such fun that if he does it in his joggers (preferably just outside your accommodation) and likes it (he won't feel cold and wet and miserable to start with.... .) then next time, he might want to play in the snow so much that he consents to put the sallies on.

When you finally scoop him up, cold and wet and miserable, and take him in, don't gloat. Just say "that's a pity, let's get you warm and dry and play indoors for a bit".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are there any sharp or scratchy labels inside them? Does he heat up too quickly if you put them on him indoors? Are they restricting his movement? Is it the salopettes or the snowboots? Can he copy you? Can his favourite soft toy wear
a pair? If all else fails, can you layer him up in 2 pairs of joggers and /or waterproof overtrousers? Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sweets or cookies
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy