Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Girls weekend - short transfer and spa/activities for non skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Hello! Can you help?
Looking for a long weekend ski trip at end of March. Could fly anywhere. Short and easy transfer that doesn’t involve car hire. One of my friends is not going to ski as she has a knee injury but wants time to chill in the mountains whilst we ski, so would need a resort with things to do. She’s a burnt out doctor who desperately needs a break from work/life/kids.
I was thinking Chamonix as it ticks a lot of boxes and has the fab QC terme spa.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Verbier ? Fly to GVa, carry out from the bottle shop, nibbles from supermarket then downstairs and train then bubble - dead easy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Verbier
as @orange, says .. let the train take the strain and take a picnic in 1st class as you hurtle by Lake Geneva.
My wife was very shy about having a picnic on the train until the Inspector came along and said,
"Ah! a picnic superb!"

There is a Migros super market in the station at Geneva Airport ...
But I have a feeling they do not sell alchohol in there.
Best grab a couple of bottles from GVA "duty free".. but it won't be on ice.
(someone please correct me if I'm wrong)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for tips! Am not a big enough drinker these days to be drinking on the train Eh oh!
Is verbier super expensive? Went years ago and can’t remember
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DrLawn wrote:

My wife was very shy about having a picnic on the train
Shocked

Has the Mrs had a very sheltered life? Puzzled Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Catered chalet with hot tub in Morzine would hit the spot.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It would. Any idea where to look for a chalet for the weekend?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Snowysarah, try posting your requirements on www.chaletsdirect.com Solutions Room; owners will reply with offers. There’s various spa & massage type outfits which will come to the chalet; again, chalet owners will advise.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try the new 4 star hotel Le Saint Gervais, 1 hour from Geneva & has the Official L’Oreal spa in the park thermals
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
White Pearl Mountain Days in Saalbach, or Leogang, staying somewhere nice like the Forsthofalm or Mama Thresl's:

https://www.forsthofalm.com/en

https://www.mama-thresl.com/en/?cn-reloaded=1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

White Pearl Mountain Days

Not a bad suggestion - mountain top afternoon and evening parties to appeal to skiers and non-skiers alike. But maybe staying somewhere central, like Saalbach.
By the way, for the uninitiated WPMD can be googled.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Courmayeur not Chamonix. Much more relaxing. Better food and a much better Spa
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonny996, is that hotel now open? I assume you are talking about the one near the Tramway station they have been working on for years. In January it hadn't opened but it looked like there were furniture deliveries suggesting they were nearly finished. I am sure it will be very nice.

It isn't so convenient for the thermal baths though, while they are probably very close on the map the baths are at the bottom of the gorge and the steep footpath down would be a bit of a challenge in winter. Even the longer route alongside the tramway is a bit of a trek. Obviously you could use a taxi, or the tramway or bus.

(Going to be back in StG next week, so will be able to see for ourselves).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Snowysarah, Even pre-covid - to maximise time in resort/on snow for minimal time off work - you were usually (always?) best (for airports, frequency and timings) flying into Geneva.

I suspect that hasn't changed.

@Idris, is probably right, Courmayeur is a nicer town, with much better shopping (allegedly) and, well, Italian food and wine (and better value for money). No idea what makes a better or worse spa, but QC Terme have one just outside Courmayeur as well. (Taxi may be required if knees not up to walking).

I am reasonably sure that some of the transfer companies do shared transfers to Courmayuer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@j b, yes it opened in Feb but rooms only until April then the restaurant will open, looks very plush.......almost Megeve like.
it's a 4 star but Ive heard rumours of a 5 star opening as well but cant think of where that will be.
I'm back over Thursday for the weekend for my second ever lesson, old dog & tricks.........
snow conditions
A couple of lovely spas have opened up in Les Gets. Great new restaurants too
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy