Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tall + Heavy Ski Suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Being a 200cm 120kg male I usually find it difficult to find equipment on the mountain to try out, I've been looking for some race-style skis not to enter races in but to up my carving game, I usually ski on All-mountain/Freestyle skis because these are the only types of skis I can usually find for my height, I've been using Movement Gamblers and acquired some Scott Scrappers (105) which I find good fun especially being twin tipped, I get good edging on them both and can carve on both quite nicely, but would really like to up my game and get some race style skis to attack the mountain a bit more.

The only skis I can find for reasonable amount is FIS style researching on other threads a lot of people have said not to bother with FIS as they're very stiff and hard work however being a lot heavier than the average person not sure Id get away with it a bit more? For context I'm already using a 130 flex boot quite easily. There is some head world cup rebels skis for reasonable about that look good.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I brought a pair of Dynastar Speed Omeglass Master SL skis from The Piste Office and they are fantastic.

If you want a ski to carve then get these up to about 25mph and they will literally throw you into the next turn. For piste skiing they are an absolute blast, however once every week or so I'd get it badly wrong and they will then try and kill you with varying success. If you fancy the ride of your life then if recommend them.

I'm 80kg 1.73m and a fairly good skier. I have them in 168cm but they do come in a 173cm. There is also a GS version which with a larger turn radius could work better for you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got a pair of the dynastar speed wc master gs skis, 185cm. They're amazing skis, but they do get tiring at low speeds. I'm 189 cm and c. 95 kgs so you might try the stiffer skis. As pieman says the crashes when it goes wrong are quite spectacular (at least thats what my son said as he picked me up after I lost control)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As above ^^
The Dynastar Masters are really quite lovely. SL if your legs move fast(or you'd like them to!) or GS if you like to go fast and your legs don't.....
Otherwise, Head I.Speed or e.speed, or something high end and not quite a fis spec ski.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After a great 2 weeks on the piste in Arabba, I bought a pair of the Dynastar masters SL based largely on this thread

Anyway, today was the first full day on them, Mrs DTB (ie Oceanfalls) comment was that your carving has improved but still not as good as G (admin). Just as well i was not expecting miracles.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nothing wrong with FIS skis, my other half is 50kg wet and skis all day on her ex racer sons SLs. I have the Nordica Doberman SLs and they are a dream, really get your carving technique sorted. GS race skis are a lot more tiring IMHO. They are great fun but really require you to ski full on to get any pop from them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy