Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Revolut in AUT

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, just wondering if anyone had experience (+ve or -ve) of usin their Revolut account in Austria?

Ive signed up for their 'easy' € payments, but not all websites were letting me pay with it. Dont want to get on the mountain and find out it doesnt work...

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@EarthWindandWater, just back. No issues at all with Revolut.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@EarthWindandWater, doesn't the card just use one of the big systems - visa, mc? in which case why would it not work?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No problems a few years ago. Used successfully and took cash out with it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Revoult does not work on items where they deduct a small amount as a hold.
example - online grocery shopping where you are charged on the day it rings through the till, rather than the day you do your online shop.
Or Petrol/Fuel where you put the card in first & then dispense fuel.

I have also had my transaction rejected as it timed out taking so long to process. That has only happened once though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@EarthWindandWater, doesn't the card just use one of the big systems - visa, mc? in which case why would it not work?

I was trying to book my ski lessons in € and the website rejected my card type ..

Thanks all for your help
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just got back from Austria and used my Revolut card for absolutely everything, bar the little mountain huts, which seem to be cash only.

Some things I found:

They don't seem to give you a chance to tip by card, they only ever give you the full amount (we were in Seefeld, no idea if that's just regional etiquette or not), so its either a cash tip or no tip (I always feel awkward when I have no cash and don't really know what the correct etiquette is)!
    The cash machines charge you (I think this was covered on a separate thread)
    As Mr Egg says above, there can be some issues occasionally (with regards to the pre-authorisation aspect, it works if you have sufficient funds in the account, but typically I wouldn't as I'd transfer it nearer the time, however if its for a hotel you can always pre-authorise with a standard UK issued credit card and then pay in EUR with Revolut when it comes to settle the bill)
    You can't normally use pre-paid cards on airlines (presumably as they can't be sure you have the funds at a guess), however if you add your Revolut to Apple Pay (I presume Google pay would be the same, but not sure), then it works and Ryanair at least are happy to accept it (it was the cabin crew that actually suggested this to us), which can be handy as Ryanair price in EUR, so it can be a few pennies cheaper this way.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used Revolut in Austria beginning of Feb and in Italy in Dec and it worked fine in the restaurants and shops. I don't keep much money on the card and top it up from my bank account every day or 2 whilst on holiday, it's instant from bank. I wouldn't trust them with too much money on it permanently as there are so many people who have had bad experiences but for me it's a convenient method to buy low value stuff on holiday at a fair exchange rate.
I link it with Google Pay so can use the phone instead of always having the physical card.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@king key, used it extensively in JPN, sending money from my revolut to daughter’s revolut when she was studying in Canada and all worked well. Keeping my next JPN trip reserve on revolut, never had an issue. So far the best banking experience
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr.Egg wrote:
example - online grocery shopping where you are charged on the day it rings through the till, rather than the day you do your online shop.

I have also had my transaction rejected as it timed out taking so long to process. That has only happened once though.

It worked fine in French petrol.stations last week for me.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
martinperry wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

It worked fine in French petrol.stations last week for me.

Paid for fuel in outskirts of Furano (JPN) and in Sapporo- no prblm whatsoever
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr.Egg wrote:

Inaccurate information here I'm afraid.

I have used revolut card for both fuel where an amount is held and groceries where it is the same situation.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
EarthWindandWater wrote:
Hi all, just wondering if anyone had experience (+ve or -ve) of usin their Revolut account in Austria?

Ive signed up for their 'easy' € payments, but not all websites were letting me pay with it. Dont want to get on the mountain and find out it doesnt work...

Cheers

It is mastercard. Why the website was not letting you pay with it I have no idea. Have you paid in a UK shop with it? Try that and see if you have problems.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Legend. wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

Inaccurate information here I'm afraid.

I have used revolut card for both fuel where an amount is held and groceries where it is the same situation.

Is that a recent change? I only use revoult when travelling & have not travelled for a while where I have had to use pre-authorise Razz

ahh - found this tweet
https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/1078326157253246977?s=20
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Absoutely no problem at all using Revolut in Austria and Italy. Worked just the same in practice as our European account/card (N26).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy