Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA cancellations today 26/2 - major IT failure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BobinCH wrote:
So BA now cancelled my LHR GVA flight tomorrow morning and booked me onto one 8 hours later saying it was the first available. The AA staff said all the earlier flights are available so booked me one one 2h 25 later. My the time I told my colleague to do the same the AA customer service person said BA have now blocked all the flights, but there is definitely available. Why do they pi55 off their customers unnecessarily?

Lots of planes and crews in the wrong places again since ?Weds to do with the IT issues.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BA got me to change my flight from LHR to ZRH to an earlier flight this morning. I was expecting a shed load of troubles at Heathrow and was pleasantly surprised with a pretty straight forward bag drop and security clearance. Arrived in Zurich ahead of time but sadly missed the earlier St Anton train mainly due to passport checks at Zurich immigration. Now sat with Latte Machiatto and croissants waiting for the train into Zurich HB.

So far no issues. Many thanks to the BA staff at Heathrow who got up early today. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Today I finally got confirmation from BA they will cover my expenses and provide the EU defined compensation from the cancelled flight on the 26th.
Only took them nearly 8 weeks.

I did mail them yesterday to chase them up but I'm not sure that had any bearing on the comms today.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same for me, just had confirmation about comp and expenses for my cancelled flight on 27th Feb. Others who submitted after me were paid out weeks ago so all seems a bit random.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's good you got a payout. They turned down my claim when I booked a flight at my own expense as the one they offered two days later.

They paid me the EU compensation but nothing more.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BenW_86, that is shocking and I am sorry to hear that! They did not specify what they would pay me, just that they approved my expenses "in full" plus the compensation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BenW_86, I couldn't get through to anyone on the phone to see what they could offer me as rebooking options so I just booked and paid for a flight the next morning myself.
They say they will cover all of my submitted expenses.

It's not right that they expected you to wait longer than necessary to get to your destination.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jagerbull, interestingly we also got confirmation today of the €250pp compensation for flights cancelled 26th Feb.

It's almost like they've all been approved en masse...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How did you submit your claim?
Via the BA website?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've gone back to them again (3rd time) but not holding out much hope.

I could claim on my travel insurance but it really is BA's responsibility to reimburse me.

The expectation that you'll happily wait two days for an alternative is ridiculous.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowornever, there is a link from this page.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/delayed-or-cancelled-flights/compensation

If you claim for expenses it asks you if you also want to claim compensation.

@BenW_86, I'm glad I couldn't get through to anyone on the phone. At the time it was really frustrating.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jagerbull
Thanks will look into it if I ever make it home Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy