Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Salzburg to Bad Hofgastein

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for a single traveller in need of transfer from Salzburg to Bad Hofgastein on 12th March and back on 19th. Long story but I am travelling with Crystal to same hotel as my daughter at nearly the same times on a different flight.

Train looks fairly easy, couple of Euros on a bus or a taxi to train station from Airport and then train to the rather remote Bad Hofgastein station or maybe better to stay on up to Bad Gastein and back on the bus.

Only a tenner or so on the train but wondered if anyone knew of a reasonable shared transfer or if anyone had managed to get a transfer only on the Crystal ski bus? I once sat with a guy who had a flight and transfer with Crystal but stayed independently in a non Crystal hotel so there could be some flexibility.

Just looking at all other option before I try Crystal

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems like you are trying to make things difficult for yourself, why not simply go on the Crystal bus? Or am I misunderstanding you?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I booked months ago with Crystal who have nothing left so daughter has booked directly with hotel and is flying in with Ryan Air so therefore I have a transfer and she does not.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Train is dead easy, we did it at Xmas. Bus from the airport to the station and then about an hour on the train. Then another bus from Badhofgastein station to the centre of the village, which is timed to pick up from the train and was free.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The crystal bus is very likely to have space so you should ask the rep when you get there. It won't be the bus from the airport limiting Crystal capacity.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
msjhes2 wrote:
Train is dead easy, we did it at Xmas. Bus from the airport to the station and then about an hour on the train. Then another bus from Badhofgastein station to the centre of the village, which is timed to pick up from the train and was free.

Excellent, thanks, this looks like the way forward as timings of flights will probably screw up anything with Crystal. Is the bus stop to go to the station on the airport in the same area as the coaches pickup or ofsite?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My last trip from Salzburg to Zell on the bus was a doddle - just exit the airport and cross the pelican crossing to the far side - local buses (to Station etc) are electric and run on o/head rails; Bus 260 is a normal bus (this runs to Zell/Saalbach etc)

For all travel get the OBB app - all routes / timetables and tickets can be purchased (via Paypal) on here - easy. Wish French transfers were as cheap and simple!

I've just been quoted 530 euros plus from Geneva to Morzine return (trip next week) - compare this to the 26 Euros for a similar distance on public transport in Austria
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy