Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone been/stayed Fieberbrunn?

Poster: A snowHead
We'll be with kids so don't need apres pre say or restaurants as we'll go half board. Is it good for a family of skiers. My girls are mad for it will ski bell to bell don't really need much entertainment in the evenings.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a New Year week there a few years ago and while it was an enjoyable enough week I wouldn’t rush back. The gondola base is a short bus trip or walk from the village but the main issue is that the local ski area is very small. The connection to Saalbach is straightforward but it’s 4 lifts including a couple of long gondola trips in either direction so fairly time consuming. So you ski the same pistes every day and have to watch the clock when you’re in Saalbach to make sure you get back in time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Valkyrie, do you ski off piste?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mother hucker, I have been there a couple of times as it is a quick way into S-H (if you come from Munich). The original area is quite small, nothing out of the ordinary. However the expanded area which then links into S-H is of a rather different character, generally above the tree line, steeper pistes with an appreciable off piste area (it is used on the freeride world tour). If you want to get plenty of kms in during the day it is not a bad option though you have to be aware of time if you want to get to the further reaches of the S-H area (wouldnt recommend going over to Zell unless you are happy getting the train back). There are some buses back from Leogang. The lift station is set a bit of a way from the centre of the village, there is some accommodation nearby but it is really bus to get between the lifts and the centre of the village / train station. If you are in one of the hotels near the lifts (some ski back) and happy with half board / hotel bar etc it could be pretty good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mother hucker, I do a bit of off-piste (badly) but that was strictly a piste holiday as it was with my wife. Although it was snowing heavily most of the time we were there it had been pretty lean before hand so there wasn't much off-piste activity to be seen anyway. If it's off-piste you're going for then I guess it's a good choice, if the family want to ski pistes then other S-H villages (even Leogang) might be better.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed there just before pandemic for a long weekend - lots and lots of skiing accessible we easily got to Saalbach and Hinterglemm, but fair amount of lift time too. Can't remember which run back from Saalbach was definitely sketchy - steep and very big bumps at the end of the day, but there is a long gondola ride to avoid this as I recall. Quiet après and only a few restaurants but I would return.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mother hucker wrote:
We'll be with kids so don't need apres pre say or restaurants as we'll go half board. Is it good for a family of skiers. My girls are mad for it will ski bell to bell don't really need much entertainment in the evenings.

depends on the abilities of all ,the kids and their ages , the budget etc so its difficult to offer any opinions but wouldnt be my first choice of the places linked in to the area pass .Pals who have been and skied over to the other linked areas have all said next time saalbach or hinterglem or leogang for the less intrepid
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Problem with Fieberbrunn is the early closing time of the return link from Saalbach/Hinterglemm. I once got to the top of the return run to find s pisteur had just closed it! He grudgingly let us through, telling us we would need to be fast to make the connecting lift... we made it, but only just! Would have been a very expensive taxi ride back.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I stayed there two years ago I think. Really enjoyed it. Most accommodation is quite a way from the pistes, but we stayed in a hotel that was pretty much ski in ski out. You do end up skiing some of the same pistes every day if you head over to the Ski Circus, but it’s no real hardship!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’ve spent a couple of days in Fieberbrunn, travelling from Kitzbühel and Zell am See. It’s a superb small area - every bit of piste in worth skiing. Getting back to Zell wasn’t a problem, though I think we took the bus. You should be able to reach St Johann pretty easily, and Steinplatte. I’m really keen to go back there one day, as it is such good skiing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pen Eira, you ski off piste?
My kids will be in ski school if we go there. wife and I will be with some sort of guided freeride group. It will just be for a week. We're not in to boozing. Lunch is a quick grab/baguette more than a belly filling sit down.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@hammerite, Any worse than skiing back to say coucheval from the other side of the 3 valleys or back to VDI from tignes?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mother hucker, there is a well known freeride area that is part of the Fieberbrunn area but is effectively between S-H & Fieberbrunn. Its a bit beyond my abilities though snow conditions have been decent this year. Best person to ask is probably @tatmanstours, on the main S-H thread, he is very knowledgeable about the whole area as he lives there
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Those routes between F and S-H were closed all week but perhaps free riding means you do them anyway? We would normally have checked them out but given the Saalbach app said no, we didn’t dare. I do wonder what we missed!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I only ski off piste by accident. I was very happy with the pistes there.
latest report
@Mother hucker, never skied 3V, VdI or Tignes so I can’t answer that. You probably need to fgive yourself an hour to get back from Saalbach to Fieberbrunn.
snow report
@hammerite, but it's an hour of skiing so no real hardship all part of the day.
latest report
@Mother hucker, no not a hardship at all! You can add a bit of jeopardy in there too for added fun and really cut it fine. Racing the last lifts home!

I can highly recommend the Sporthotel Fontana. Great quality hotel and an excellent position right on the piste.
latest report
Just spent much of the day today at the Fieberbrunn domain A wonderful ski area Cool Caught bus to snowfront from St Johann, no queues at gondola stations at 9.30 am, zipped over to the Saalbach Hinterglemm circus, quickly got pissed off with it there as much too busy for our liking, so just headed right back to Fieberbrunn and enjoyed silly amounts of vertical up and down some of the loveliest runs we've ever skied in Austria. The off piste opportunities looked awesome.

Not sure if it would suit people new to skiing though, as it was basically red runs everywhere, and not particularly low gradient ones at that, save for the final run into Fieberbrunn itself.
snow conditions
@moffatross, Sounds perfect to be honest. Drama now though it's on the salzburg super pass and not the tirol snow card. we'll be spending 6 weeks in Austria and want to stay at station within one area pass to keep costs down. Maybe we could go there on a day trip from Kitzbuhel
snow conditions
@Mother hucker, haha .. yeah. Madeye-Smiley It's been a revelation to us TBH, staying at St Johann which is a small (but lovely) skiable area in itself, but which has an almost perfect location for connections for the Superski pass. Buses are direct to Fieberbrunn and the northern side of Ski Velt as far as Soell, and trains direct to southern side of Ski Velt as far as Brixen/Hopfgarten. Kitzbuhel is direct to main lift station in 7 minutes by train every 1/2 hour.

FWIW, Superski pass @ St Johann = €320 for 6 days.
latest report
@moffatross, my wife want to go kitzbuhel, Zillertal valley and ischgl, its a bummer Fieberbrunn isn't in the Tirol season snow card pass. It's deffo somewhere I'm wanting to go.
snow report
moffatross wrote:
@Mother hucker, haha .. yeah. Madeye-Smiley It's been a revelation to us TBH, staying at St Johann which is a small (but lovely) skiable area in itself, but which has an almost perfect location for connections for the Superski pass. Buses are direct to Fieberbrunn and the northern side of Ski Velt as far as Soell, and trains direct to southern side of Ski Velt as far as Brixen/Hopfgarten. Kitzbuhel is direct to main lift station in 7 minutes by train every 1/2 hour.

FWIW, Superski pass @ St Johann = €320 for 6 days.

You're doing almost exactly what I did last week. St Johann is small and definitely nice enough but the connections elsewhere are excellent. A trip to Waidring/Steinplatte is worth it if the weather is favourable, the wee place exceeded my expectations
snow report
@joe1978, that's a good tip for next time, thanks. We spent the day at SkiWelt today via Hopfgarten where one of its railway stations is at the snowfront. It's a great area, and we reckoned it more enjoyable than Saalbach Hinterglemm which we stayed a week at some years ago. More varied skiing, more sense of travel, and less busy and hazardous. The slush surfing end of today (a warm one) was sublime Cool
snow conditions
I have been there a few times - A superb little area that is great for families and off-piste. I did DIY trips with S/C apartments which were spacious and immaculate. The ski schools were superb as was the off-piste guiding and freeriding. I would not go there at half-term though if you are driving. The drive from Munich to resort is about 80 odd miles and the quickest I have done it was 5 and a half hours! I hit Munich at 5.00am and arrived in resort at 10.30am - I decided that we would not return in half-term. It is a great place and will try to return again but not at half-term.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy