Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France - what are the current covid rules on entry please?

Poster: A snowHead
Aha.... I have 'just' (1 hour ago) been looking for the Sworn Statement, as we (my family and I) travel over on Friday 1st....

The website suggested we/UK are still orange, but i could only access a French version of the statement document. ( i have a previous copy of the English language variant from a trip two weeks ago so i know it was available)... This latest development may explain that.

Anyway, I printed off the french version and completed it.

Meanwhile... A useful (news to me at least) bit of information... UNLESS you are arriving by air, you do not need to complete the EU PLF. (we arrive, fingers crossed, by ferry)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Richie_S, we arrived yesterday in les arcs (12 hours from Ashford including 1.30 for the crossing) you are correct about the plf- it's not needed.

All you need is your nhs QR code. The real one. There is a useless one also so be careful. You can fill in the French version of the declaration. Apart from the language it is the same. Somehow we found the English version.

No one checked any of it. All we were checked for were passports and explosives.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnE wrote:
.........All you need is your nhs QR code. The real one. There is a useless one also so be careful.........

Please elaborate. How do I know the difference?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, In the NHS App there is a domestic and travel QR code, I'd imagine you need the travel one.

We scanned our NHS codes into the Tous Anti-Covid App to be on the safe side, but as it happened that wasn't checked by anyone the entire time we were away.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
johnE wrote:
.........All you need is your nhs QR code. The real one. There is a useless one also so be careful.........

Please elaborate. How do I know the difference?

Also note that the app will show all of your 'Jabs' - you need the QR code from the latest on (usually 3/3)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You can save the code in either Google Pay or Apple Pay on a mobile device.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Alastair Pink, Hi So for unvaccinated 12 to 16 year olds there is no real change going form Orange to Green ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Boris, @albob, @Hells Bells, Thanks, done all that. Just thought I'd missed something.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kevali wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Hi So for unvaccinated 12 to 16 year olds there is no real change going form Orange to Green ?

Sorry, I've no knowledge about that, best to look at the French Government's websites.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am having a meltdown. We depart on Eurostar tomorrow and I totally forgot to get my children (12 and 14yrs) logged in NHS for their Covid passes. Anyone have a rough idea how long it took their’s to activate after sending proof of ID? I now have to wait until they get home from school to start the process Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
conor wrote:
I am having a meltdown. We depart on Eurostar tomorrow and I totally forgot to get my children (12 and 14yrs) logged in NHS for their Covid passes. Anyone have a rough idea how long it took their’s to activate after sending proof of ID? I now have to wait until they get home from school to start the process Sad

Took about 12 hours for our daughters to be approved but it varies depending on how busy the service is.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eurostar site is also confusing me, as it states clearly that children “12 and under” do not need to be vaccinated. Is this a mistake?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@conor

From https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#Travelling-with-children-under-18-b0e0

"..Children under 18, whether or not vaccinated, accompanied by vaccinated adults are not subject to compelling reasons.

---- All unvaccinated children aged 12 to 17 are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure, sworn statement), whether or not accompanied by vaccinated adults.

---- Children under 12 are exempt from all COVID travel restrictions in all cases (test, quarantine, form...)..."

====
As stated on the other page, UK now appears on the French Green list ; so the above is probably out of date

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah that’s what I thought.

This is from Eurostar site, for travel to France:

Rules for under 18s: If you’re aged under 18, there’s no requirement for a booster and you’re regarded as fully vaccinated if you’ve received your full vaccine course. If you’re aged 12 and under, there’s no requirement for a vaccine.

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/service-information/coronavirus-and-eurostar-service/travel-requirements

‘Under 12’ and ‘12 and under’ is quite a
big difference!

I am really kicking myself about forgetting to download passes but can only keep my fingers crossed and see what happens
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@conor, our 13 year old's vaccination status in the app appeared really quickly (with 24 hours) so you have a good chance!
ski holidays
Good news on the move to the green list. We're flying into Geneva, and can't see any requirements for Swiss entry. So, with the exception of proof of vaccination status, am I right in thinking that nothing additional is needed for France or Switzerland?
ski holidays
@conor, I applied for my own via the NHS website earlier this week. Submitted ID late at night, received confirmation and the pass around 11:30am the next day - about 11 hours (but only 2.5 “office” hours) later. I’d think you will be okay.
latest report
@conor, Ours was anywhere from 5 hours (first one) and 24 hours (second one). I didn't get any confirmation email though so keep logging in and checking!
snow report
Thanks very much for the replies. My 12 year old gets home at 3:30 pm and it will be done straight away!

Our Eurostar is about 12:30pm tomorrow.
snow report
@conor, my daughter did her video recording and submitted it 1840 last Thursday, confirmation email of acceptance and log-in received 1000 next morning. While she was at school I then logged in on the web account, downloaded the PDF, and scanned the QR code into the TousAntiCovid app on her phone. Fingers crossed for you.
snow report
Handy Turnip wrote:
Good news on the move to the green list. We're flying into Geneva, and can't see any requirements for Swiss entry. So, with the exception of proof of vaccination status, am I right in thinking that nothing additional is needed for France or Switzerland?

That is my understanding (the Swiss removed most restrictions last month)
snow conditions
If it's for just for travel purposes, under 18's (no vaccine) are fine to travel with parents as long as the parent is fully vaccinated.
ski holidays
Hi is this a new policy for entry to France?
snow report
Nope.
ski holidays
@Gilly76, if that was indeed the case, it would have saved a fair bit of faffing for us, flying in to Geneva then up to Val Thorens. However, we have a 12 year old (1 jab done) and I understand the current French requirements for her to either:

have proof of full vaccinations ie 2 jabs on the app, or
have a PCR or antigen test within xx hours of entry

From uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

All unvaccinated children aged 12 to 17 are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure), whether or not accompanied by vaccinated adults.
ski holidays
Double Bombardino wrote:
@Gilly76, if that was indeed the case, it would have saved a fair bit of faffing for us, flying in to Geneva then up to Val Thorens. However, we have a 12 year old (1 jab done) and I understand the current French requirements for her to either:

have proof of full vaccinations ie 2 jabs on the app, or
have a PCR or antigen test within xx hours of entry

From uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

All unvaccinated children aged 12 to 17 are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure), whether or not accompanied by vaccinated adults.

That's the current position, plus a recovery certificate is also valid for someone not fully vaccinated as long as they tested positive within the last 6 months.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918
ski holidays
The Eurotunnel request for a single vaccinated teenager (ie unvaccinated) an antigen/PCR test and that to be uploaded or presented at the border controls......however, reading the French link above, the French entry requirements accept a UK certificate of recovery.....is this correct? Has anyone actually tried this?

Saves the inconvenience and having to pay for a lateral flow test when they do them for school anyway.
snow report
Dan wrote:
The Eurotunnel request for a single vaccinated teenager (ie unvaccinated) an antigen/PCR test and that to be uploaded or presented at the border controls......however, reading the French link above, the French entry requirements accept a UK certificate of recovery.....is this correct? Has anyone actually tried this?

Saves the inconvenience and having to pay for a lateral flow test when they do them for school anyway.

I called the Eurotunnel contact centre earlier and they advised they were updating their system to allow recovery certificates to be uploaded for unvaccinated. They couldn't confirm it'd be done before I travel on Saturday,.so advised just bringing the paperwork with me for border control in case it gets rejected by the Eurotunnel manual check. Friends who went through last weekend said they were only asked for passports at the French border control, nothing covid related and hadn't uploaded anything beforehand for their single vaccinated 12 year old.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@7ncj, thank you so much I was trying their chat system but it was an automated one so saves me calling tomorrow. I've uploaded the recovery certificate just to see what happens with that, but I'll print one out as well.
latest report
Do we still need to provide sworn statements?
I’m flying if that makes any difference
ski holidays
We arrived in France this evening by ferry Dover/Calais. No problems, only about 6 cars on our ferry, the rest were lorries. Fery sailed 10 minutes late but arrived on time and we were off 10 minutes later. Staying about 2 hours south of Calais tonight as we drove from Scotland then alps by tomorrow afternoon. The French passport control in Dover stamped our passports and asked about covid vaccines. We waved our pieces of paper at them but it could have been anything and they waved us through. Sworn statements ended at the end of March. For current regulations ALWAYS look at the government web site as anything else can be out of date.
ski holidays
I'm flying Jet2 Edi-Geneva and on to Val Thorens this saturday and notice that the airline states on the website if you don't have correct documentation you can't fly. Am I right that while the French state they need the EU Passenger Locator Form completed, the Swiss dont. Therefore we dont need to complete this and should be good for Jet2 as its none of their business where we go after we arrive in Geneva?
ski holidays
@munter, correct. Jet2 should only concern themselves with what you need to show what is needed to get into Switzerland.

And the Euro PLF in relation to France is only needed when entering France by air.
latest report
eu plf only required for direct flights into france. no dec of honour. once your in the swiss/eu zone free to go where you want
swiss do not require plf, just proof of vacc.
BA website currently does not seem to allow upload of vacc cert, but that could be because their web services are Sh*te!

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements
and
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
and
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France
snow report
Thanks all for the confirmation. Just hoping that are non-vaccinated kids are negative on their lateral flow tomorrow!
snow report
My understanding is that the PLF in no longer needed for entry to France from UK (we are now on the French 'green' list). The ambafrance website makes no mention of a PLF being needed for entry to the country. The Gov.uk says 'you may be asked to complete a EU-PLF...
snow report
Dan wrote:
@7ncj, thank you so much I was trying their chat system but it was an automated one so saves me calling tomorrow. I've uploaded the recovery certificate just to see what happens with that, but I'll print one out as well.

@Dan, I uploaded my documents this afternoon. My qr codes were automatically confirmed / validated on upload. I then added my sons recovery qr code, using the vaccinated, qr code option, this flagged as yellow pending manual review.

I went straight onto the chat, explained what I had done and why. They asked again for evidence that recovery certificate was sufficient and I shared the ambafrance url above. They approved / validated my son's health document submission there and then! I'd be willing to bet it would have been rejected had I not got straight on the chat.
ski holidays
@7ncj, awesome thanks as mine was still waiting to be validated. The only chat function I found was the automated bot but I'll check tomorrow morning Cool
latest report
So I got an email saying all uploaded documents approved by Eurotunnel.

Were double vaccinated so that wasn't the concern, the concern was for a teenager who has only had one vaccine but has (numerous) COVID recovery certificate(s). We uploaded the recovery certificate as this is accepted by France, you do not need a negative test - check the country of destination websites for requirements not what ours list.

Thought this would help others......it also means that our kids still don't know they're going!!!!
snow report
@Dan, thanks for this. I'd thought we needed to go down antigen test route, which is planned for tomorrow pre Saturday flight.
If we happened to be friendly with a local GP wonder if can they do this??
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy