Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To Austria Via Schipol - Covid Test Needed to Get Into Holland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Like it says above... Confused

We're flying to Innsbruck via Amsterdam Schipol next Monday and have just found this out via the Gov.uk website.

A bit of a PITA... Now wishing we'd gone directly to Austria, or via a German airport. The saving grace is that a lateral flow test will do - although it does need to be within 24 hrs of departure for Holland. And we'll have the same carry on to look forward to on the way back. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mountainaddict, at the bottom of the UK Gov site there is a section on transit:

Quote:
Travellers who change planes in the Netherlands who continue their journey within 1 day upon arrival in the Netherlands, do not need to show a proof of vaccination or negative test result, providing they do not leave the airport.

Travellers from the UK who change planes in the Netherlands must carry a completed quarantine declaration form, stating they are exempt.

All travellers by air who are aged 12 and over must also carry a health declaration form.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great stuff ousekjarr Thank you so much for highlighting that - it's really appreciated Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mountainaddict, no problem, glad to help Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schiphol!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

And we'll have the same carry on to look forward to on the way back.

Shouldn't be any issue as you will still be in and arriving from the Schengen area. Was like than when I flew back from Venice via Schiphol after the Birthday Bash - no control of any sort when arriving at Schiphol (in fact just walk out of the airport if you want).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers AB Ski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Shouldn't be any issue as you will still be in and arriving from the Schengen area. Was like than when I flew back from Venice via Schiphol after the Birthday Bash
I'm assuming that as, (presumably) a non-Schengen arrival, that wasn't the case when you got to AMS on the outbound leg rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On my outbound KLM checked vaccine status and test certificate and check in and also handed out the quarantine declaration form. At AMS nothing was actually checked - just the usual passport control and stamp as entering Schengen.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
same palaver for entering holland via ferry hull rotterdam as need a lft 24 hours before departure .Though not sure wether this means time of boarding, time of leaving berth, or even time of leaving home. Which ever means sorting the lft around midday on ferry day to ensure cert back in time .Was hoping all would be plain sailing by the 1st of march but hey ho at least we can go with just the triple vacc and a declaration once into holland /germany
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
On my outbound KLM checked vaccine status and test certificate
As has been highlighted, a test isn't needed to transit through Amsterdam. But it appears that that wasn't the case at the time of the PSB Puzzled

Ensuring compliance just gets so stressful Confused It now also appears that the quarantine declaration that has been required won't be needed by our 28th Feb departure.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Continuing on this thread, anyone transited through Amsterdam in last few days? We are flying Glas-AMS-GVA in a few weeks. UK Gov website says covid test NOT needed to transit, but on Dutch Gov website it appears to says we do need a covid test, even if we are transiting. as UK is neither on safe list and not EU/schengen. I may just be being thick/mis-understanding the website but would like to hear other's experience. Niece was caught out recently whilst transiting and missed her flight, so being extra cautious. I understand other SH's frustration at those of us who can't work out the rules, but any info much appreciated.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
anyone transited through Amsterdam in last few days?
We did so on 28.2.22 and it was no bother. No covid test needed for transferring passengers - just the NHS covid pass.

We will be returning home via AMS in the same way tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mountainaddict, perfect thanks. All have covid passes and glad not to have to fork out for pointless tests.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy