Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal ski Fiasco

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Yoda, @pam w, on a transfer coach coming down from La Rosiere a few years ago the rear wheels fell off completely, fortunately just after one of the hairpins, and also fortunately at 5am so the road was very quiet. Bit scary.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

the rear wheels fell off completely,

Laughing Laughing Laughing puts my story into the shade!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, not really, yours kind of reminded me of "the Italian job". The coach in your picture is even a similar colour Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have used Crystal several times over the last 8 years as the package was often cheaper (or thereabouts) than DIYing to the hotel we wanted.

They are fine when everything goes to plan - but awful when things go wrong.

They forgot us in La Ros one Xmas trip (a snowmageddon event) - our Taxi was never booked for the trip down to Bourg.
That had a knock on effect and long story short we slept in a creepy overpriced hotel near Chambery airport (rather than sleep on the airport floor even though the red cross set up some lovely looking beds) and booked our own flight home ... management disappeared into thin air...

2022/23 I am going to DIY our trips as it feels to me like Crystal and Inghams are taking the wee wee on mark ups.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@thecramps, the coach in that picture is in that position because the coach behind (the one that I was on) had crashed into it when it was stationary. Our coach was merrily sliding down the icy road until brought to a halt by the crash. The driver of the front coach was out on the road at the time, and as it started sliding (driverless) towards the edge a courageous passenger managed to steer/brake it to a halt. All the baggage from both coaches was subsequently loaded onto one of them and all of the passengers walked down the hill to await a replacement coach at the bottom. As we were walking down a small truck went up the hill with two guys on the back shovelling grit out onto the road....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah, well that wasn't the same incident then, @Yoda. There was no second crash in our case. We sent people up and down the road to flag down any oncoming traffic as our bus, like the one in your photo, completely blocked the road. But the road was in a bad state and the driver was throwing the bus too fast down a series of icy downhill bends.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w, guess it was a regular occurrence in them thar parts Toofy Grin

Mostly annoyed because the only snow we saw all week was during the night before we left...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Were you in Kapaonik, @Yoda?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Yoda, @pam w, it is less reassuring that it turns out they were seperate incidents Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, yes, Kapaonik 1990

The pistes were in excellent condition

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing My visit was new year 1990 IIRR. The pistes weren't bad. I wasn't supposed to be skiing as I'd not long had a hysterectomy - I spent the time pulling the 3 year old round on a sledge instead, which wasn't that restful. My husband and two older boys had ski lessons and liked their Serbian instructor.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, I skied around with a Russian guy and his mate we met in the hotel. He said he was a mathematician from Moscow University, showed me papers he'd published. They were both much better skiers than I was. For some reason I've never been back to Serbia Laughing , although I did do a case in Croatia a few years ago.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I learnt enough Serbo-Croat before our holiday to try to pronounce the number of our apartment, when I had to ask the girl for the key. She spoke English but I was determined to get it right. She patiently corrected me each day, and by the end I had it perfect - 675 or something of the sort.
Also managed to bargain with some Serbian peasants for wrinkled apples, potatoes and kaymak for lunch, when the only resort shop was shut on new year's day for stock-taking and changing all the prices. And to explain at the pharmacy that my son's blotchy face was due to hives, not too much sun (that was a dictionary job). Have forgotten it all now. I've not been back to Serbia, either.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Yoda, @pam w, you pair should do a trip report. FOMO in the aisles.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy