Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Sworn Statement of Honour

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Feel stupid asking this. Just filling out the sworn undertaking to comply with the rules for entry into metropolitan French territory from orange bliss countries. Which has to be filled out before going to France. When it says residing at I presume that is the address that you are at before you leave. When it says initial place of origin I presume that is the same or the airport you left from.

And I presume final destination is where you’re staying in France.

Anybody have any thoughts or experience in filling this form out ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Origin question is to cater for folk on a multi-stage journey. No one looks at the form or asks for it. They are just interested in your vax status.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks !

Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know if there is a way of completing this without printing it out? I don't have a printer!

Thanks Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hoebag, I don't think there is.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick google suggests it is available as pdf or word version. Eurotunnel have a PDF. Complete and save to phone?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hoebag You could download and edit the Word version, completing your details, and inserting your signature as an image. Then Print to PDF and you'd have what you need in electronic form, for upload to the Eurotunnel Advance Passenger Information. Probably.

To get a signature as an image, sign a blank piece of paper, then take a photo' with your mobile. Then crop it down to the boundary of the signature and send yourself the JPG or GIF, which you can then insert into the Word document.

When you edit the Word Déclaration, don't change any of the line or page spacing: keep it as it is, even 'though the form goes onto a second page and it might seem sensible to cut out a few lines to make it fit on one side. I did this and the Eurotunnel AI system rejected it. When I kept it in the original format, it uploaded and validated OK. Go figure.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quick update. In France now. Entered via Geneva. Nobody asked for the sworn statement.

Indoor Restaurants and indoor activities are asking for Covid pass. But not on lifts so far.

Took my son for a covid test, as he hasn’t had 2nd jab. Pharmacy had to open up the room the used to take them… no queue.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is the Sworn Statement the only thing we need now? No tests on either entry or exit to France? Vaccinations are all the French Covid app. Entering France on the 4th March through the tunnel.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fogliettaz wrote:
Is the Sworn Statement the only thing we need now? No tests on either entry or exit to France? Vaccinations are all the French Covid app. Entering France on the 4th March through the tunnel.

+PLF for return to England at the moment (didn't check the other home nations)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DJL wrote:
Fogliettaz wrote:

+PLF for return to England at the moment (didn't check the other home nations)

We landed at Manchester this morning and weren't asked for our PLF. We also weren't asked for it before we boarded in Bratislava (with Ryanair).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Needed a PLF to get on the EuroTunnel. It was just a bit of a faff online to do it but they never looked (prob because it was all in the system and the auto checkin saw that we'd loaded it all)
Loaded the Sworn statement before departure but noone ever cared after.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hoebag, you can handwrite the statement. It is just that - a signed statement. i have never been asked for one in many trips but, like many, I always have one just in case I meet the one official that will!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quick reply from me too...
We are in France atm and flew BHX to Chambery on Saturday. Docs checked at Birmingham - Covid passes, EU-PLF, 12yr old's 'fit to fly' (but only when we offered it) and declaration - they wanted one for the 9yr old, which I disputed. They had a conflab and concluded that "I was probably right but, as I had a spare, I may as well fill it out".
At Chambery the official posters had 'declaration' crossed out. Border control checked covid QR codes of the adults.
EU-PLF and declaration not collected.
In resort, covid passes were asked for when we checked in. There has been a little (very little) checking on thd I was asked for it at a mountain restaurant today. We haven't been asked for it for the 12yr old's ski lessons at all. Mask wearing seems reasonably well supported, but no-one has asked for it (I haven't been very good at remembering in 'outdoor settings' if I'm honest...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looked at filling in PLF for entry to France - it stated only required if entry by aircraft?
As arriving by train (eurostar) I presume not needed then?
ski holidays
@Dippy, You no longer need a PLF for France if fully Vaccd - Just the 'Sworn statement'

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918
latest report
@albob, That's as I understand it from the gov.uk site and the French government site.

The gov.uk says you might be asked to fill one in, when you follow the link to EUPLF it has a drop down for France, which says you need to fill one in for air transportation. Presumably the EUPLF people getting above their station wink
snow report
@dazzle109 We had to wait at UK Border Control because the guys were changing shift and computer logins, and the Immigration official had to wait for his session to start up. He said that what you pre-load onto the Eurotunnel API is seen by both the Eurotunnel staff and the UK and French immigration staff. Which is why you're not usually asked for any of the documents like your vaccination certificate, the UK PLF or the French Déclaration. You'll only be asked for these if they're suspicious for some reason, or their system hasn't received the documents. Your passport is enough to validate that you are who you claim to be and then the other documents - usually visible to the official - rely on that. Basically, although the API upload is tedious, it saves having to show the documents when you transit.
latest report
Does anyone know the rule for unvaccinated people transiting through france to Andorra?

Some sites say its a compelling reason and is allowed and some say you have to be fully vaccinated.

I've been going round and round in circles for days.
ski holidays
K2Punk wrote:
Does anyone know the rule for unvaccinated people transiting through france to Andorra?

Some sites say its a compelling reason and is allowed and some say you have to be fully vaccinated.

Assuming the unvaccinated individual is an adult, they need to have a "compelling reason" to enter France:

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

The permitted compelling reasons are listed on this form:

http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/sites/minint/files/medias/documents/2022-02/17-02-2022-attestation-de-deplacement-vers-la-france-metropolitaine-orange-version-anglaise.docx

Transit to another country by land isn't one of permitted compelling reasons listed.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
K2Punk wrote:

Assuming the unvaccinated individual is an adult, they need to have a "compelling reason" to enter France:

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

http://www.interieur.gouv.fr/sites/minint/files/medias/documents/2022-02/17-02-2022-attestation-de-deplacement-vers-la-france-metropolitaine-orange-version-anglaise.docx

Transit to another country by land isn't one of permitted compelling reasons listed.

Those are the websites I've been going round in circles in. On one of them it states in a box that transiting through france (flying in) to another country is a compelling reason so long as its less than 24 hours and you stay in the airport.
snow report
K2Punk wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
K2Punk wrote:

Those are the websites I've been going round in circles in. On one of them it states in a box that transiting through france (flying in) to another country is a compelling reason so long as its less than 24 hours and you stay in the airport.

You aren't staying in the airport if you're transiting to Andorra, so that isn't relevant.
snow report
It says you can stay at the airport for upto 24 hours and doesn't count towards needing a vaccine and that travelling from the airport to another country is a compelling reason.
ski holidays
So long as you sure just transiting through that is. You have upto 24 hours to sort a transfer out and it's like you've not entered France.

This is why I'm so confused.
snow report
K2Punk wrote:
So long as you sure just transiting through that is. You have upto 24 hours to sort a transfer out and it's like you've not entered France.

Presumably you're referring to this possible compelling reason:

"Travellers in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone in airports."

If you're in transit within an international zone of an airport that means you're changing planes without leaving the airport, effectively staying airside throughout and never really enter France. For e.g. I have on several occasions flown from Heathrow to Paris then on to Tokyo without ever really passing into France.

This definitely doesn't cover leaving the airport to travel by land to Andorra. If you leave the airport you've left the international zone.
snow conditions
sugarmoma666 wrote:
K2Punk wrote:

Presumably you're referring to this possible compelling reason:

"Travellers in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone in airports."

If you're in transit within an international zone of an airport that means you're changing planes without leaving the airport, effectively staying airside throughout and never really enter France. For e.g. I have on several occasions flown from Heathrow to Paris then on to Tokyo without ever really passing into France.

This definitely doesn't cover leaving the airport to travel by land to Andorra. If you leave the airport you've left the international zone.

I've just done a lot of intense searching and I think you are right that it has to be a flight and not leaving the airport to transit.

I thought a transfer bus from the airport would count but I must have convinced myself of it.

Less confused now but definitely more bummed out over the outcome.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy