Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Carre Neige a "donation" to the pisteurs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've now heard a couple of people saying that they take out Carre Neige as they like giving a donation to the pisteurs. I thought it was an insurance policy, so the money would go to brokers and underwriters. Does some part of it go directly to the pisteurs as a donation?

(I'm specifically interested in this particular aspect of Carre Neige rather than the many reasons people choose to purchase of not purchase it.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe, may be wrong, but since it is owned by the government of Savoie, their profits go towards skiing programs in the region.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From the Carre Neige website

Who exactly is « Carré Neige »?
A team of dedicated professionals
A broker - GBC Montagne
An insurer - Societe General Assurances
An assistance organiser - Europ Assistance
A brand - Comite Ski Savoie
A network of sales agents and partners - ESF

Draw tour own conclusions Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always take it, as I am far more interested in getting off the mountain in the most convenient way possible, should I suffer an injury. Carre Neige is therefore worth the small outlay. So the semantics for me are very secondary.

But if money does go back into the "infrastructure" (even if it is the ESF) then bravo and it makes me even keener to take this local insurance.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As @Timc said, seems the ultimate owner of the 'brand' is Le Comité de Ski de Savoie. Website says "By subscribing to « Carré Neige » you become a member of the Savoie Ski Performances underwriting association, which supports Savoie skiers and participates in the training of champions." So there you go. I doubt the pisteurs see any of it other than the lift companies getting a fee for each cover sold, and Carré Neige paying whatever the domain charge for a rescue by its staff.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Standard "Group Insurance" model then.
The insured party are the "Savoie Ski Performances Underwriting Association". They are the ones who pay the premium so that all of their members get covered.
You yourself aren't insured as an individual, however your time-limited membership of the association confers the benefits of the association's insurance.

The model probably provides a part of the salary of the pisteurs.
Any of the sales agents that convince you to add it to your liftpass (ESF, Lift Company, etc) get a small commission for each add-on sale that they make.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy