Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airport Transit Times into Ski Airports - Survey Please help to gather data.

Poster: A snowHead
As we have seen over the last week there have been very long waits to transit the smaller 'ski airports'. Turin had its own thread, Chambery had significant problems. So it might be useful to detail your experiences. I don't suppose that the authorities read snowHeads, but we know more traditional news services use it as a source. Perhaps one will take up the case and start exposing the fiascos.
So to collect the dates please include the date, the airport and how long it took from the aircraft parking to being landside with your luggage. Please include whether it was you or someone you met in a chalet/ski lift bar etc and what the delay was caused by (passport/luggage)

So to kick off:

22 Jan 22, Lyon, Me, 20 mins, luggage.
22 Jan 22, Chambery, 2 folks on a long chair lift, 4 hours, pass port control. Held on aircraft for 90 mins, then shippied into a holding room. Aircraft behind diverted to lyon as they couldn't handle any more folks.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 29-01-22 14:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Today, Lyon, me. 10 mins luggage
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
21st Dec Geneva about 50 mins from plane to train station including collecting luggage. Only delay was British idiots not knowing Swiss entry requirements

15th Jan Innsbruck 20 mins from plane to taxi rank including collecting luggage, almost more efficient than pre covid!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see Chambery have had to reduce the number of aircraft arrivals due to passenger processing numbers. Jet2 had to reschedule flights to Lyon and provide ground transport between the 2, so I'm guessing much later arrivals to Chambery for the outbounds and even longer for the inbounds as as long as you arrived before check in closing time they had to get you to Lyon for the flight. Jet2 abandoned Chambery a couple of years ago, bet they are really glad they started going there again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saturday 29 January

Outbound from Geneva: worse than previous years.

Arrived 2h40 ahead of noon flight. 40 mins to check in at Terminal 2 (Jet2 / Tui desks), then advised to walk to Terminal 1 for security as the queue was so long. 20 mins at Terminal 1 security, then 15 mins for border control after gate had been announced. Doesn't sound so bad, but with all the walking between terminals there wasn't an enormous amount of spare time - I think anyone arriving the standard 2 hours before their flight would have been cutting it fine.

Inbound to Edinburgh: better than previous years (though it's never bad).

Immediate disembarkation from plane (row by row - we were near the middle), walked straight through border control (no forms checked!), then just a few minutes for baggage to catch up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Saturday 15th Jan Verona

Myself and girlfriend. 2hrs landing through to walking to the transfer coach. Around 1 hour for passport control and hold luggage, nearly another hour for skis to arrive.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm monitoring Chambery over the next few weeks as I fly in from Stansted on 12th March. Would be good when posting to also include flight depart/arrival time. Here are the arrivals for today:

Arrivals
Saturday, Jan 29
TIME FLIGHT FROM AIRLINE AIRCRAFT STATUS
08:37 X3620 Exeter (EXT) TUI B738 (G-TUKO) Diverted to GVA
08:45 BY6620 Exeter (EXT) TUI Airways 737 Unknown
08:55 BY5676 London (STN) TUI Airways 737 Unknown
09:00 BY7628 Birmingham (BHX) TUI B738 (G-TAWI) Unknown
09:30 BY2614 Manchester (MAN) TUI Airways 737 Unknown
10:15 BY1660 Edinburgh (EDI) TUI B738 (G-TAWI) Unknown
10:22 X3676 London (STN) TUI B738 (G-FDZS) Diverted to GVA
10:43 VLB515 Sofia (SOF) Air Volta LJ60 (LZ-TRH) Landed 10:43
10:45 BY4694 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWG) Unknown
11:00 BY2626 Manchester (MAN) TUI B38M (G-TUMB) Canceled
11:10 BY7634 East Midlands (EMA) TUI B738 (G-TAWU) Unknown
11:30 BY4632 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWH) Unknown
11:50 BY2678 Manchester (MAN) TUI B738 (G-TUKN) Diverted to LYS
12:15 LS1861 Bristol (BRS) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHO) Diverted to LYS
12:30 LS843 Manchester (MAN) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHK) Diverted to LYS
13:42 Farnborough (FAB) - C510 (OE-FZB) Diverted to LYS
14:25 Geneva (GVA) - GLF6 (M-OVIE) Landed 14:34
14:52 Paris (LBG) - FA7X (PR-SVN) Landed 16:18
14:55 LS417 Leeds (LBA) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHV) Diverted to LYS
15:20 LS1687 London (STN) Jet2 B738 (G-JZBK) Landed 16:40
15:50 BY4624 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWL) Diverted to LYS
16:10 LS1359 Birmingham (BHX) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHU) Landed 16:51
16:32 ZT447 London (LGW) Titan Airways A320 (G-POWK) Landed 16:50
16:55 BY6632 Bristol (BRS) TUI B38M (G-TUMG) Diverted to LYS
17:30 BY1620 Glasgow (GLA) TUI B38M (G-TUMO) Diverted to LYS
17:30 BY4662 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWH) Landed 17:47
17:55 BY4662 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TUKO) Landed 18:15
18:20 Bolzano (BZO) - C68A (CS-LTN) Landed 18:04

A lot of arrivals between 10:15 and 12:30 so that must surely overwhelm the airport. Many diversions to Lyon, some to Geneva. We'll be on the 15:20 Jet2 arrival, which I had hoped was a safer time with more of a gap between preceding and subsequent arrivals but was still delayed today.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apparently bad weather in Chambery lead to diversions.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chambery was closed due to fog today, we were diverted to Grenoble which definitely could not handle the volumes. Sat on tarmac for 90mins on arrival and then about another hour to clear passport control which was apparently at capacity for non EU arrivals. And then let's not mention the transfer mess at the other end! I would not presume the other airports are likely to be better especially when there are problems at Chambery. We'll probably drive for all our future trips (often do anyway).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@belette, I sat that some flights diverted due to weather at Chambery, but Jet2 had already been told/decided to reschedule to Lyon before they left the UK, this was from their App. For example the Bristol diverted for weather, the Manchester for 'passenger handling reasons'.

Not sure how non EU arrivals at Grenoble can be an excuse, there were only 4 or 5 of flights that came from within the EU!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
22 Jan LHR to GNB arriving 11, waited in plane once landed at GNB for 1hr15, waited on tarmac in cold for 30 to get in bldg with 2-3 other planeloads, waited for luggage which was stuck because there was no space on belt for new luggage to come through. Moved all luggage on belt off ourselves so rest could come out

29 JAN return 1210 BA arrived at 10a, waited 20ish to get in bldg, 30-45 to get to luggage check in. Then on the scrum to realise they were only allowing flights which were boarding through security. Was told there was bad accident on m-way so staff was late. See reading above more to that story. Anyway, once through security, flightleft 2 hrs late. But got the closest gate to passport control. Luggage took forever to come out at LHR.
Nothing could ruin a beautiful week in the Alps through Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@richardajh,
I wonder if the flights with "unknown" actually operated? Did TUI book lots of slots at CMF which got loaded into Flightradar (or whatever) but were not deleted when the flights were changed/cancelled?
For example, BY2626 has just taken off from Manchester (10:37/SUNDAY); according to Flightradar, it’s going to CMF, according to Manchester and Lyon Airports, it’s going to Lyon. For the unititiated, Flightradar decodes a signal from the aircraft to give all sorts of information such as route, etc. Some of which (speed, altitude, course) is automated, some (departure point, destination, flight number) is entered manually by the crew. Draw your own conclusion!
In years gone by CMF used to restrict weekend flights (i.e. 99% of their larger movements!) to five an hour so that under normal circumstances the terminal didn't get too busy.
My experience with CMF (from an weather perspective) is that morning visibility is a problem in early winter until the lake is not that much warmer than the air temperature, but as the winter progresses the lake cools and poor visibility becomes much less frequent. Oh for an approach radar system similar to airports that “work” seven days a week!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Nemisis, I was interested in the same question, as we're scheduled to be on the TUI flight from Birmingham in a few weeks time. According to Flightradar it landed at Lyon. The arrivals at Lyon show a couple more of the "unknown" flights.

Crystal tweeted yesterday asking passengers to bear with them due to the disruption caused by weather at Chambery. From tweets back at Crystal it sounds like some flights back to the UK didn't depart yesterday and that passengers have been put up in hotels.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sugarmoma666,
And it's sort of continuing today. BA from Manchester landed but a TUI from Gatwick three minutes later "took a look" before diverting to Grenoble.
As already pointed out Grenoble (much like Chambéry!) cannot cope with lots of passengers. The problem I had with Lyon is that they would always look after their "normal" customers first before allowing diverted flights to disembark. Now that Lyon is managed by Vinci (the same management as CMF and GNB) that might have changed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richardajh wrote:
I'm monitoring Chambery over the next few weeks as I fly in from Stansted on 12th March. Would be good when posting to also include flight depart/arrival time. Here are the arrivals for today:

Arrivals
Saturday, Jan 29
TIME FLIGHT FROM AIRLINE AIRCRAFT STATUS
08:37 X3620 Exeter (EXT) TUI B738 (G-TUKO) Diverted to GVA
08:45 BY6620 Exeter (EXT) TUI Airways 737 Unknown
08:55 BY5676 London (STN) TUI Airways 737 Unknown
09:00 BY7628 Birmingham (BHX) TUI B738 (G-TAWI) Unknown
09:30 BY2614 Manchester (MAN) TUI Airways 737 Unknown
10:15 BY1660 Edinburgh (EDI) TUI B738 (G-TAWI) Unknown
10:22 X3676 London (STN) TUI B738 (G-FDZS) Diverted to GVA
10:43 VLB515 Sofia (SOF) Air Volta LJ60 (LZ-TRH) Landed 10:43
10:45 BY4694 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWG) Unknown
11:00 BY2626 Manchester (MAN) TUI B38M (G-TUMB) Canceled
11:10 BY7634 East Midlands (EMA) TUI B738 (G-TAWU) Unknown
11:30 BY4632 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWH) Unknown
11:50 BY2678 Manchester (MAN) TUI B738 (G-TUKN) Diverted to LYS
12:15 LS1861 Bristol (BRS) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHO) Diverted to LYS
12:30 LS843 Manchester (MAN) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHK) Diverted to LYS
13:42 Farnborough (FAB) - C510 (OE-FZB) Diverted to LYS
14:25 Geneva (GVA) - GLF6 (M-OVIE) Landed 14:34
14:52 Paris (LBG) - FA7X (PR-SVN) Landed 16:18
14:55 LS417 Leeds (LBA) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHV) Diverted to LYS
15:20 LS1687 London (STN) Jet2 B738 (G-JZBK) Landed 16:40
15:50 BY4624 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWL) Diverted to LYS
16:10 LS1359 Birmingham (BHX) Jet2 B738 (G-JZHU) Landed 16:51
16:32 ZT447 London (LGW) Titan Airways A320 (G-POWK) Landed 16:50
16:55 BY6632 Bristol (BRS) TUI B38M (G-TUMG) Diverted to LYS
17:30 BY1620 Glasgow (GLA) TUI B38M (G-TUMO) Diverted to LYS
17:30 BY4662 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TAWH) Landed 17:47
17:55 BY4662 London (LGW) TUI B738 (G-TUKO) Landed 18:15
18:20 Bolzano (BZO) - C68A (CS-LTN) Landed 18:04

A lot of arrivals between 10:15 and 12:30 so that must surely overwhelm the airport. Many diversions to Lyon, some to Geneva. We'll be on the 15:20 Jet2 arrival, which I had hoped was a safer time with more of a gap between preceding and subsequent arrivals but was still delayed today.

Most of these can be tied up if you dig into the data.

For instance BY6620 (EXT->CMF) was re-filed and flown as X3620 EXT(08:24)->GVA(). Than means (IMHO) the pilots knew before departure that the were going to GVA not CMF. Whether the PAX did a different question.

Similarly BY7628 (BHX->CMF) was re-filed and flown as TOM2YH BHX(06:26)->LYS(08:44).

It looks to me that there were proactive decisions being taken before departure yesterday to avoid Chambery. These could have been due to the weather forecast, but I doubt it. It'll be interesting to see in the next few weeks leading up to half term whether the tour operators (mainly TUI) start re-distributing their scheduled CMF flights to other nearby airports (GNB, GVA, LYS) if Chamblesbury ((c) Chocksaway) can't get their immigration act together.
ski holidays
Returned via Lyon for a 930 flight. 8 mins from bus to departure lounge including bag drop. Passport control was just before the gate, seemed to take no longer than before, just the stamp.
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
Returned via Lyon for a 930 flight. 8 mins from bus to departure lounge including bag drop. Passport control was just before the gate, seemed to take no longer than before, just the stamp.

Lyon is epic airport. Well worth the extra 30mins on the road - especially if you can get an early morning flight & be the other side of Chamberly.
ski holidays
Lyon 35 minutes from 09:30 landing to exit. No luggage. Could have done without the 7 1/2 hours it then took to get to VDI.
ski holidays
brovert wrote:
Could have done without the 7 1/2 hours it then took to get to VDI.

Please elaborate! Shocked

Was it just a bad transfer day at the start of French School Hols in the Tarentaise?
snow report
It looks like TUI moved some flights from Chambery to Lyon. The Saturday morning Exeter, Birmingham, Gatwick(second one) & Manchester went to Lyon, as did the afternoon Bristol.
snow report
@luigi, start of French school holidays and several accidents. Judging by local Facebook group traffic was also snarled up on local routes from Lyon on through Chambrey as well as back routes in valley.
ski holidays
If some flights were moved from Chambery to other airports, sometimes even to an airport in another country (GVA) - what happened about the passengers' covid forms which were invalidated as a result? Like 24 or 48 hour test certificates, locator forms or sworn statements etc.
latest report
@peerless ploughman, As far as I am aware the flights were only moved to Lyon, so no effect. If a flight diverted for weather there will be an arrangement to cover this emergency as it's not the passengers fault.
latest report
In the spirit of research Very Happy I've booked myself on a package holiday this weekend to join some friends in Val Diz for Half Term. Exeter (06:00) to Chambery (08:30) to Val Diz (Eventually). Should be BY6620 on G-TAWL. What could possibly go wrong Shocked

Anyone running a book on where I'm actually likely to thump into the tarmac, and what time we'll end up in resort? My money is on Lyon and 7 Hours.
latest report
Flown on BA738 LHR>GVA departing 19:15 on last two Thursdays. Touchdown around 21:45 CH time. Arrived in Châtel around 2:10h from touchdown including transiting from the new GVA terminal by bus to immigration, collecting ski luggage and using a local Châtel taxi.
ski holidays
@Judwin, rather than "thump into the tarmac" remember that "any landing you walk away from is a good landing"
snow conditions
Nemisis wrote:
@Judwin, rather than "thump into the tarmac" remember that "any landing you walk away from is a good landing"

...and if the plane can be used again, its a bonus Very Happy
snow report
Nemisis wrote:

like this one
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Nemisis wrote:

like this one

Parker of Thunderbirds?
ski holidays
Dublin to Innsbruck 5th feb. Landed, bus to terminal, all the COVID checks passport control was about ten minutes. Some bags through immediately, about a five minute pause before the rest including oversize. Out the door in 20 all in.
snow conditions
"My" plane for tomorrow is almost back from Tenerife, and it's just 12 hours before I have to get up to go to Exeter. Chocks will be along soon promising us all glorious flying conditions rolling eyes so I thought I'd take a note of tomorrows scheduled arrivals to Chambery (my chosen point of impact with terra firma) - We have....

flight aware wrote:

Saturday, Feb 12
08:45 BY6620 Exeter (EXT) 73H TUI Airways
08:55 BY5676 London (STN) 73H TUI Airways
09:00 BY7628 B'ham (BHX) 73H TUI Airways
09:25 BA8741 London (LCY) E90 British Airways
09:30 BY2614 Manch'ter (MAN) 73H TUI Airways
09:55 BA2935 S'pton (SOU) E90 British Airways
10:15 BY1660 Edinburgh (EDI) 73H TUI Airways
10:45 BY4694 London (LGW) 73H TUI Airways
11:00 BY2626 Manch'ter (MAN) 73H TUI Airways
11:04 PEA302 London (BQH) E55P Pan Europeenne Air Service (F-HGPE)
11:10 BY7634 East Mids (EMA) 73H TUI Airways
11:30 BY4632 London (LGW) 73H TUI Airways
11:50 BY2678 Manch'ter (MAN) 73H TUI Airways
12:15 LS1861 Bristol (BRS) 73H Jet2
12:30 LS843 Manch'ter (MAN) 73H Jet2
12:41 PEA301 Cascais (CAT) E55P Pan Europeenne Air Service (F-HIPE)
13:06 London (LTN) E550 Centreline (G-RORA)
14:55 LS417 Leeds (LBA) 73H Jet2
15:20 LS1687 London (STN) 73H Jet2
15:50 BY4624 London (LGW) 73H TUI Airways
16:03 PEA302 Nice (NCE) E55P Pan Europeenne Air Service (F-HGPE)
16:10 LS1359 B'ham (BHX) 73H Jet2
16:15 PEA301 Nice (NCE) E55P Pan Europeenne Air Service (F-HIPE)
16:49 SUA721 Paris (LBG) C56X Silesia Air (OK-XLS)
16:55 BY6632 Bristol (BRS) 7M8 TUI Airways
17:30 BY1620 Glasgow (GLA) 7M8 TUI Airways
17:30 BY4612 London (LGW) 73H TUI Airways
17:55 BY4662 London (LGW) 73H TUI Airways
18:45 BY7616 B'ham (BHX) 73H TUI Airways

So if all goes to plan and our Captain Over wins the gold medal for the Chambery scramble, then whoever gets seat 1A on BY6620 should be first to passport control and should have few complaints. After that it'll doubtless go to rats on one of the busiest weekends of the winter. I think I may buy a bottle of Duty Free and self anaesthetize.

If you're also on BY6620, then please get out of the aisles, store your hand baggage properly, sit down promptly, and STFU. That way we may get away on time. We don't want to be stuck in the queue behind northerners. Very Happy
snow report
@Judwin, YWIMC
ski holidays
Sitrep Exeter (EXT) 04:50Z.

Relatively pain free checkin. 3 Desks open, queue for perhaps 10 minutes. Whilst in the queue someone comes along and checks everything - Sworn Statement, NHS Vax, Covid test, and gives you a little chit of paper to say it's been done. Seems there are a lot of people with the wrong sworn statement, and these are promply whisked away for extermination. Then check-in proper, no probs.

Looks like they've got the X-ray machines turned up to 11. I was worried they were going to want me to strip down to my mankini, but they stopped once my belt, all pockets, glasses, shoes, jumper and cash was out.

So once I'd got dressed again, through to the departure hall. Disaster - the resturaunt is closed. No sportsmans brekkie for me (Bacon, Egg, Sausage, Black Pudding, Beans, Toast, Fried Bread, Tomatoes) - Had to make do with a coffee and a pain au choccy.

Flight aware thinks our slot time is 06:11, and we're still winning the race to Chambery as I type, beating the Stanstead by 10 minutes. Departure hall seems quite empty though - so either lots of people still faffing with paperwork at checkin, or the plane is only half full.

Laters, for the Chambery (hopefully!) arrival report. Probably very laters if the traffic predictors are correct. Confused
latest report
Weather looks ok for Chambery this morning. Speaking to a transfer rep this am just before we started our drive back home and seemed to think still heading to Chambery.
snow report
Sitrep - Val d'Isere Hotel Bar 15:30 CET, blowing the froth of a quick one.

Plane was only about one third full - perhaps 60-70 PAX. Got upgraded to Buisness class - they needed someone to sit in an emergency exit row incase Biggles stuffed up and we had to exit via the round windows. Straight into Chambery via the overhead run and break for runway 18. On the Deck at 08:35CET. and Biggles stopped us before he got the tyres wet.

Out into arrivals, and 3 passport stampers plus 3 document checkers . You might even call it organised. Needed to show NHS QR code - scanned, and passport stamped. Through and out into baggage reclaim in less than 10 minutes. My bag was number 3 off, so out into the sunshine, bus 303, find a seat and wait. All ready by 09:10L. Set up notebook and ADSB receiver so I can see what lies the Crystal reps are telling us. We're just waiting for the Manchester. Well yes you will be it's only just taken of FFS. And the Stanstead too. Gatwick, Edinburgh and Brummies turn up more or less on time. Stansted about 1h15 late, and the boobie prize goes to Manchester - 1h25 late.

Anyhow, set off at about 11:10CET. The first 20 miles on the Motorway are busy, but ok. Then it all grinds to a halt before the Split for Grenoble. Our driver is a wylie old customer though, and knows all the back roads. Better still he must have some dirt on the local cheifs of police too, because we are allowed through all the roadblocks stopping people using the back roads. Basically we skip ALL the queues, and are in Bourg by 14:00, and up to Val Diz by 14:45. and in the bar by 15:15.

Cheers snowHead
ski holidays
@Judwin, Was it the mayor moonlighting? wink

Sounds like a remarkably hassle free busiest day of the year transfer. Enjoy the beer!
snow report
Lyon this morning, 5 minutes for passport control (we were in row 4 on the aircraft), 15 minutes more for luggage. (Then four hours on the roads to Oz, should have been two.)
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@Judwin, Was it the mayor moonlighting? wink

Perhaps. Still, I'm not complaining. Very Happy

I'm expecting a few tales of woe on the "Driving down for Feb half term" thread though. We could see from the plane there was quite a queue at the Chambery peage. Then after Chambery Traffic was solid from JCT20 to the A41/A43 split (we ducked off onto the D1006), and then again from just after Albertville till after the traffic lights for the Siaix tunnel. We went on the D990, D66, D99, D990. At one stage I could've sworn we were using a service road for the railway lines too. Re joined the N90 at Lachat, and once through the Siaix lights it was plain sailing.

I've seen some new parts of France today, and we owe the bus driver a pint, although if it was the Val d'Isere Mayor perhaps best not to get him too sloshed incase "you know what" happens again rolling eyes
ski holidays
Several years ago a transfer driver who knew the area took to back roads and (I am sure) saved quite a bit of time. Unfortunately one of the passengers towards the front of the coach saw road restriction signs such as "7.5 tonne weight limit" and added the point to the complaint letter he sent in (presumably to get some post holiday discount) saying that the driver had put everyone's lives in danger! He was promptly told that it was a legal rather than a structural limit to enable to local authority to ban trucks. My comment that the driver would not have risked his own life 'cos he wanted to get home that night did not get passed on.
snow report
10th Jan - BHX to GVA through GVA in about 30 mins from door opening to getting onto the car hire bus

15th Jan - GVA to BHX. Slow Easyjet check in as only 4 staff for 11 desks. There were at least 5 flights checking in so it's not as if they couldn't forecast their staffing requirements. Ended up being moved to a separate queue to ensure we were in time for the flight. Slow at security but that's how it is these days. Very quick through BHX. 20 mins from door opening to leaving car park. Excellent.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy