Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Resort for Kids & Beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Looking for resort suggestions for young kids and beginner adults - basically a lot of greens and blues, and easy access to lifts from town centre.

Don't want to be doing a lot of walking with ski gear on and carrying skis for the kids.

The young kids have all done lessons and can ski (better than the beginner adults) - so not looking for advice on lessons or ski schools.

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Absolutely choose Passo Tonale. End of thread wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not been to passo, but if my kids were young again, i would give it a lot of thought.

Otherwise: Valmorel or La Rosiere
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry, maybe I should have given more info as to why:

It's next to a road, with most hotels right across the road from the lifts. More importantly for beginners there is a very progressive increase in slope angle from piste-to-piste, allowing you to move from one slope to the next most difficult one without any 'heart in mouth' moments as you look down from the top of the lift you just got off of. Also (and I don't know why) it seems remarkably resistant to the build up of moguls on the slope. There is a magic carpet, a drag lift, and a gentle chair all right next to each other, so you can progress your 'lift technique' in a stress-free manner too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Other places to consider:

Serfaus, Austria -excellent ski schools, large variety of pistes, but do pick your accommodation carefully to be close to the lifts.

Les Saisies, France - lots of easy pistes that all finish in the resort, lots of ski in/out accommodation at either end of the village.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski to door or near enough, lots of greens and blues:

Puy St Vincent
Rohmoos (near Schladming)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd throw Flaine into the pot. Big bowl so the kids can't suddenly end in a different valley! Our son basically learnt to ski there.
Not the prettiest place mind!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Loads of possibilities, budget time of year and type of accommodation would also be pretty big determinants.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've not been to Passo Tonale but from descriptions and pictures it doesn't look very appealing, given the gigantic range of choice. I'm biased, of course, but would rate Les Saisies. I've skied a bit at Flaine - it has a lot going for it but I was bowled over by the cost of very ordinary stuff in the mountain restaurants, compared to Saisies. So much depends, as @T Bar, says, on other criteria. The choice, even within France, is endless, and when you add in Austria, Italy and Switzerland......

Also - if my kids could ski better than me there is NO WAY I would carry their skis. Lazy little beggars.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Corvara
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, Corvara would be good.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ellmau or going
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chappelle d'abondance easy bus from chatel and lovely snow and easy pistes as no one bothers to go there
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Personally found the ski schools in Andorra to be excellent for kids - and with a predominance of English speaking children it made for a more comfortable time for my kids. The instruction in Austria is also top class, with classes having a more international feel. The transfers to Andorra are long however.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hochfügen is great. Hotels at the bottom of the slopes. Theres an easy enough way down from almost any point and it’s mostly contained. There’s one point where you can cross over into the rest of the local ski area but you have to really try as it’s a separate lift. Kids have just learned to snowboard there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy