Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Longboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Summer is here and the silly season is over for most of us. Am I the only one who is going to be taking to the longboard to keep those long delicious carves in perfect condition? It's a first for me but I used to skate shortboard when I was younger so it shouldn't be too hard, although I will be practicing in secluded parks before I terrorise the high street wink Any other longboaders here with tips?

Ahh summer cruising... Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
saxabar, may going windsurfing again...........
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You are not the only one .......I have two longboards....

Gordon Smith Flexi and a very wide hybrid thing.....

Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i cant skateboard for toffee, but my hubby has a lovely longboard and he's deserate to get me doing it, so you never know i may join the ranks of the longboarders

only trouble here is finding somewhere suitably flat to learn on!

for me summer activities is mountainbiking (but i dont do up!)
and climbing, where obviously i do do up! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flat???

Nooooo....... hills is what you need......

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
not when you cant do it!

and we dont have hills here, just big mountains!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowangel, It really is easier than you'd think. I went out for the 1st time on Saturday morning and it is just like boarding. The only thing I found a bit tricky was making sure my leading foot was exactly in the middle of the board so I could carve on both 'edges'. And then there's stopping Shocked I didn't have the danglies to slide (skid 90 degrees) and stop so I opted for big turns to slow down and put my foot down. Honda Kitty, how do you stop at speed?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I make sure I can see as far as I can stop in.

I usually go to places with big wide paths - have a couple of cracking car parks and open parks in Guildford.

Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Longboard? That a long Skateboard? Or a mountain Board type jobby thingy?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One of mine (the G&S) is a bit like this.... certainly not a mountain board, it's a flexi pintail... lots of fun Smile

I can't find a pic within 15 seconds via the usual google methods... but this will give you an idea.

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or there's the stubby version like mine:

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i have tried before.

i find the instability of it throws my confidence totally.

never know, have a mending ankle injury at the mo but i may just have to have another go one day
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
saxabar, Where do you use yours... know any good locations? that's half the reason I don't get mine out more.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Honda Kitty, although my 'location' says West London, this is where I work, whereas I actually live in Cardiff. We have a fantastic park/arborium in the middle of town which is cool for crusing. Otherwise (which i haven't done yet) it's up the Taff trail to the Brecons for the big stuff. I really hope this wasn't a waste of a £100 Laughing Saying that, I went to Swansea over the weekend, with a friend, which has five miles of wide and clear beachwalk, v.nice, pint and pizza and a race back to Swansea town. I lost Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yep, i'm a longboarder.......but my board only works in the sea or in the river severn (bore riding)
ski holidays
sequoiaboard wrote:
yep, i'm a longboarder.......but my board only works in the sea or in the river severn (bore riding)

Did some bloke not ride a wave for about 40miles along an estuary or something recently?
snow report
Anyone here have a mountain board?
I've just bought one to play with on the Downs or on the beach with my kite!
Took it out yesterday but didn't get anywhere near it as I realised my new 3.5m kite is much more of a beast than my old 2.5... but thats another story as i was dragged along the ground face first!!!
ski holidays
mountain mad, Laughing Laughing

We have a good mountain boarding set up on Hay on Wye (I'm in Cardiff) which I keep meaning to get to, but as I don't drive and there's no public transport it make it a bit of a pain. I'm planning to cycle up there and spend a few days up there biking and boarding over summer. How do you stop on a mountain board?
snow conditions
I have no idea how to control the damn thing! But I'm going to give it a bloody good go!...
I think initially I want to stay on the flat... but at least when i do graduate to a slope it should help my boarding Toofy Grin
ski holidays
You can stop by putting in a big heel side turn, you have to really crouch down but not lean back too much, or you can get mountain boards with a brake on one wheel. If your using it with a kite just swoop the kite in the oposite direction!
latest report
anyone tried a freeboard ? they are suposed to be more like snowboards.

http://www.freebord.com/

my gf nearly bought one, but they are rubbish if you don't have a hill.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy