Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to buy underwear in Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to the combined ‘difficulties’ of half term and Storm Eunice, we are in Saalbach but 2 of our bags aren’t. There is a long and complicated backstory as to why all my stuff was in hold baggage - no point in describing what I should have done to make sure I had my boots, knickers, etc.

Anyway, making the best of it, we need to buy or hire ourselves some stuff. The only thing I’m struggling to find is knickers and swimsuits (hotel has an amazing hot tub!) Could anyone local point me in the right direction for a shop locally I could buy pants and swimmies in please? I’ve tried Amazon but can’t find anywhere that would deliver to the hotel before Wednesday, and I’m hoping my bags would be here by then!

Thanks Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hervis, next door to school. But probably not open on Sunday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will have to keep rinsing our pants in the bathroom sink then! Eh oh! Thanks for quick answer.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does the hotel have swimsuits you can borrow? They sometimes do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pandora, many sports shops will be open on Sunday for ski equipment rental so purchasing swimwear should be possible. Supermarkets are likely to be open in the afternoon, so perhaps Hofer or Lidl will have some underwear?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
can you get amazon.de to deliver to the hotel?
I use my uk amazon account on .de .fr .es quite often

otherwise a bus ride into Zell?

Keep the receipts & bill the airline!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maxi mart , zell am see, huge supermarket, but unfortunately closed on a sunday. https://www.maximarkt.at/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pandora, for the hot tub, the Austrians are quite used to the natural look wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good shout for Zell, completely forgotten about that! And we realised the error of our ways with Amazon, we hadn’t put it onto the local version so we’re only looking at U.K. shops that would deliver to Austria. Apparently Hervis is open till 6pm today, and we have hire gear for all our skiing needs picked up now.

As for the ‘local swim style’ suggestion, nice one, but I have the body of an athlete - a nearly 50 year old athlete who’s had 2 babies and spent a quarter of a century in both ‘sitting down’ jobs and sports! Don’t want to scare anyone, least of all my 14 year old daughter who would faint in horror! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pandora, I wouldn't rely on Amazon – speed of delivery is not what you get in the UK.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was quite impressed with Amazon de when I ordered a Pilates mat late on a Sunday evening and it was delivered to our accommodation in Hinterthal Tuesday morning.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pandora, When does the airline say it will deliver your bags? Most airlines deleiver the next day, but I did have a problem with Lufthansa to Venice who took 3 days to deliver our bags from Venice to Alleghe.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If not Zell, try Saalfelden. Some pretty big supermarkets there.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pandora, you can get under wear in the sports shops but likely to be sports type, Hervis will open on Monday and at 08.30 and is a good bet, there is Hagleitner along from it and they open at 8am, Ski Pro by the Shattberg Stubbe is an Aladdin's cave of clothing opens at 8.30, there is Bründl Sports in the centre two shops furthest up the hill has a large clothing selection

@tatmanstours, any other suggestions Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JohnE, the airline seems to be having a ‘bit of a situation’ re baggage, but I can’t say more than that - I only know this because I am staff and have spoken to colleagues. I’ve got an AirTag on one of the 2 lost bags, and it’s not done much except move from one holding bay to another today. So I have no idea when it’s going to turn up.

On the shopping front, I have discovered this:

Hervis don’t stock any underwear or socks, and didn’t seem to have many staff on the shop floor to help.
There is a shop with a nice old lady half way down the Main Street who sells swimwear and women’s underwear starting at €150. We didn’t spend long in there after looking at the first price tag!
Brundl’s get a big thumbs up from us - they supplied us with gloves, boxer shorts (but no knickers,) a bra, footbeds for my slightly uncomfortable hire boots, a buff and swimwear for the 3 of us without our own.
And ProSport had knickers (only in teenage girl size though so I am wearing mens’ boxer shorts) and equipped us all with goggles.

All receipts have been kept (and even being modest and only buying essentials at the lower end of the price ranges on offer) it still comes in at about €700. And that’s to dress us in stuff we wouldn’t really have chosen but for the fact there was no other choice, and all our lovely stuff is back at Heathrow.

We had an awesome day skiing though, and the smaller child (who has missed it so much) has clearly got stronger and more coordinated. We are sending him to poor unsuspecting sucker of an instructor who we hope has better child-wrangling skills than we have! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
@pandora, Glad you got sorted, if you need any other local info https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156241&start=720
ski holidays
I just love this thread title - we should have a competition for the best opening post for a thread titled the same, about a snowhead who had perhaps overreached himself - or herself - but lived to tell the tale.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
I just love this thread title - we should have a competition for the best opening post for a thread titled the same, about a snowhead who had perhaps overreached himself - or herself - but lived to tell the tale.

I was thinking the same.

There is no question that is too small, too specific or too niche for the snowHead collective.
snow conditions
@pandora, First, I am full of sympathy for your situation as I have experienced similar myself, but I think that you are really missing a trick here but you should not be "modest and only buying essentials at the lower end of the price ranges on offer" but buy the designer stuff and then claim.

I misread "goggles "in your post "And ProSport had knickers (only in teenage girl size though so I am wearing mens’ boxer shorts) and equipped us all with goggles." as "giggles" and creased up with laughter.

Love your attitude towards the situation and happy that you had an awesome day skiing.

Have a great holiday and make sure that when you recount the story, in true Apres-ski style, you exaggerate every aspect of the problems you surmounted.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@pandora, for the hot tub, the Austrians are quite used to the natural look wink

Anywhere in Saalbach sells a net & loom?
latest report
@Timc, it would be unwise of me as an employee of the airline that lost my bag to perhaps overstate my need! (However, as the week goes on, should the bags not appear, I will have to obtain clean clothing form somewhere, and there are no cheap shops in a ski resort!) I’ll get what I need, when I need it, but it’s more than my job’s worth to go on a spree. Been in the hot tub without scaring other guests though tonight, and have clean pants for a full day’s skiing tomorrow, so all good!
snow report
pandora wrote:
@Timc, it would be unwise of me as an employee of the airline that lost my bag to perhaps overstate my need! (However, as the week goes on, should the bags not appear, I will have to obtain clean clothing form somewhere, and there are no cheap shops in a ski resort!) I’ll get what I need, when I need it, but it’s more than my job’s worth to go on a spree. Been in the hot tub without scaring other guests though tonight, and have clean pants for a full day’s skiing tomorrow, so all good!

I didn't suggest overstating your need just that ski resorts are notoriously expensive and that I wouldn't waste valuable ski time by searching for the cheapest pants in the village but if I was Remi Lindholm I would look for the best thermal barrier pants no matter what they cost.

Anyway I 'm glad that you are able to follow every Mum's advice that "Make sure you put on clean underwear, just in case you got into an accident"
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy