Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schruns

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading with the family to Austria on Sunday (PCR and wind willing). We are staying in Schruns and I am trying to decode the piste map (bit late now for regrets I know) but I am struggling to identify pistes served by chair lifts rather than gondolas. It looks like I can get to Valisera on lifts from Schruns where the pistes seem plentiful but not as far as Gaschurn as the Heimspitzbahn seems to be closed (or was that just today?).

Will be first time on skis for a couple of years for the family so looking for somewhere to stir the muscle memory without scaring anyone! 60% of family in ski school at Hochbahn for first half of week.

Any recommendations, advice or general resort information much appreciated as there is precious little I can find Puzzled

**EDIT** is it worth driving to Golm or Gargellen one day? Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes @Snowsartre, you must go to Gargellen! It is many years since I was up there but I recall it is a gem.
My father had a wealthy friend who skied Brand each season for about 6 weeks, dating back to the 1950's. I told him about Gargellen which he subsequently visited, 40 years I have skied here and knew nothing of that village!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went to Schruns a couple of years ago, and it’s a brilliant area. We went to Gargellen on the first day and it’s a really good place to warm up. There’s great valley runs there. Golm’s really good as well, though a bit harder. Brandertal is worth a visit as well, but it’s a bit awkward to get to by public transport.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lovely area to ski and agree that its definitley worth a drive to Gargellan.

This might help as it lists the lift types on the live map: https://www.montafon.at/en/cableways/pistes-cableways

If the snow is good, there is a lovely way down to the valley from the St Gallenkirch side that ends in run 20e through the trees. Some nice itineraries as well.

Not as many Brits as some other resorts and the villages/towns have a really nice vibe.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ptex, thank you for this - arrived this afternoon - very mild and looks like a run of sorts down to the hochjochbahn in Schruns (think winter of 2015 snow strip green borders).

However, snow good higher up I am told and there is snow at altitude tomorrow and Tuesday.

Will definitely go to Gargellen at the backend of the week. Eh oh!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy