Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early April: Snowsure & cutsey village

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@clarky999, totally agree!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mother hucker wrote:
@clarky999, I just remember being in St Anton mid March and the lower slopes were in bad shape even with huge dumps that week. I love slush skiing but not everyone does.

For sure it can be, but that's season-week-day weather dependant rather than 'generally expected every year', if that makes sense? There were weeks this and last Feb where you'd say the same, but that's not the norm (at least hopefully it's not the new norm!), then the week after back to normal service. Though I'd agree that on the home run from around the Mooserwirt level downwards direction to St Anton you can expect slush n bumps most years from mid-March or so, just due to traffic and getting a lot of sun. Should still be snow everywhere though rather than strips of white through brown fields.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I remember one year in Les Saisies when there were huge depths of snow and I naively thought it would mean terrific skiing through till the end of the season. I came to realise that however deep the snow is, it's only the top few inches which matters and pistes in the sun became the usual elephant snot, even though everywhere was white and snow was hanging round in gullies for months.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, so like the OP I’m now getting sold on Lech. My current plan is to fly to INN on Sat. 26th March, and home again to London on evening Sun 3rd - booking.com is showing a few places in my price range that will give me 8 days accommodation. Worst case I can just take Sat to Sat (more options for that) and find a room for the last night - worst-worst case I can get back on the train and overnight in a hotel back in INN. Any flaws in this cunning plan?

Last flight I can get back is at 18.15, so *could* ski in the morning too, but my wife might prefer a more relaxed journey back.

Wondering whether to hedge my bets and just book the flights for now - and leave accommodation to later - with option to switch to somewhere like Ischgl if there’s a heatwave. Any experience in late bookings in the Alberg at that time of year?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pejoli, good choice! Toofy Grin
Make sure to check prices on www.lechzuers.com and/or the different hotelwebsites! Booking tends to have higher prices nowadays.
We are also returning to INN on sundayevening, to grab a flight Monday morning. Check the hotel Penz-Airport, next to the departures hall.
You should be fine finding accommodation short term, but maybe not 8 nights. But in any case, that time of year much is possible, especially when you are flexible. We are arriving on Friday 11 March, but no room for that night yet available in our regular hotel. Might need to stay with neighbour-hotel; not an issue for us. Did it before like this, always fine.

Which hotel options do you currently see? I will gladly advice on best location.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for this thread, been super helpful, and without it we would have been picking somewhere in the 3 valleys...

FWIW, we are just finishing booking a week in an apartment in Lech (we'll be super jetlagged first few days), and then a week in Zurs (looked at Oberlech, but the places we liked were getting pretty pricey) - looking forward to it!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BartMasters,
Good to hear.
But would strongly advise against the change to Zürs.
Lech is better, even in warmer conditions. From Lech, the higher pistes are just one lift away.
Zürs offers nothing besides skiing and hotels. No atmosphere, no village-life
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy