Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet cancelling Geneva flights

Poster: A snowHead
trying to keep this out of all the other threads & have one specifically for cancelled flights to Geneva.

I could have understood if they had cancelled the flights over the weekend but yesterday we got the conformation that the transit via Geneva to France was allowed without the need to test or quarantine. So how do Easyjet react to that, they cancel all flights to Geneva until the 16th at earliest. Why?

From a personal point the Grenoble flights are no good as they don't get me back home in time & the Lyon flight doesn't arrive until 22.05 so I would need to hire an expensive car.

Do we think they will reinstate these flights ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmmm... They've not cancelled mine (yet). From Manchester 9-12th Dec
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Close family has just been cancelled also.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, Edinburgh - Geneva cancelled for all of next week. We’re trying to get back to the UK for a funeral then back out again. On Plan C

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 1-12-21 8:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just check my Manchester flight on the 4th for the PSB and it's still there
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like almost everything between 8th and 15th has been wiped out. I put money on it being a last minute schedule re-jig with Switzerland being hard to access.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mine also cancelled Luton Geneva 14th.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were booked on the evening BOH-GVA flight on 18th December.
We've just been moved onto the earlier flight at 11:40, which is a bit of a result in someways, though with the inability to stay overnight in GVA we had to rebook our car hire at over twice the original cost, and amending the booking would have cost three times the original cost! Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone at EasyJet obviously doesn’t realise that
1/ Transit is now allowed
2/ A very large proportion of customers on the Geneva route aren’t going to Switzerland they are continuing on to France
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mine too-the outgoing GTW-GEN on the 11th, but they allowed a refund option on the returns on 18th December as well.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
muppet wrote:
2/ A very large proportion of customers on the Geneva route aren’t going to Switzerland they are continuing on to France

When I was driving yesterday, there was a spokesperson on radio from Easyjet talking about how the Swiss decision would have an impact on flight schedules.

That was before I had heard the news about transit now being allowed.............so I think that your assessment is bang on the money.

I would think a lot of these flights will revert before long.

Annoying though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ringingmaster wrote:
Looks like almost everything between 8th and 15th has been wiped out. I put money on it being a last minute schedule re-jig with Switzerland being hard to access.

Not had a cancellation email for my flight on the 11th and it's still showing in my app. When I try the flight availability/booking there's nothing between 8-15th. My money is on a schedule re-jig... Though there's a fair percentage traveling on to France, there'll also be a lot going to Switzerland who are probably now cancelling and so EJ won't need as many flights... I hope.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 1-12-21 9:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've had my flight from Manchester on Sunday (5th) pushed back from 7am to 1pm. I'd had a look at seat booking last night and it looked v quiet so I'm assuming they're re-jigging to try to maximise passengers per plane.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No email confirmation yet but on my app our flight Southampton - Geneva on 12th December cancelled. Booked our car hire yesterday on the strength of the updated transit information......... thankfully with free cancellation but very disappointing nonetheless.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Our flight on the 19th is still there
snow report
All the Mancs flights for next week including 11th Dec showed as 'sold out' on their booking site, but I've not heard anything yet about my booking for 11th.

I hope this is just a schedule re-jig! There will be plenty of people still wanting to fly, so it would be crazy if they cancelled the whole lot Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
I flew back last night to GVA on a basically empty flight, so maybe they're just adjusting to ensure full planes.
snow report
ironically the 2nd of December Edinburgh - Geneva flight is still scheduled, do you think that is due to compensation that has to be paid for cancelling within a certain time.

I have thought easyjet have done well with this but this is a complete pointless knee jerk reaction
ski holidays
muppet wrote:

Unlikely.
They're probably reacting to the huge number of cancellations from punters who were intending to holiday in CH, and the drop in numbers heading to France. If the flight is suddenly 1/4 full then they'll move people to other flights.
snow report
Indeed. Although move people to other flights in effect means screw some peoples holidays as seems no flights available for at least a week there to Geneva.
ski holidays
Had another look at the EJ booking site just now, and some of the GVA flights from Mancs and Liverpool next week have now reappeared. So it looks like they are just doing a review and overhaul of their schedules.
ski holidays
Ours on the evening of 9th Dec was showing as being moved to a morning flight. But the morning flight isn’t available to book so suspect not running either. A flight has now appeared on Friday 10th that wasn’t there last night.

Are we due compo for a flight cancellation within 14 days? Or will they rely on good old covid?

We’ve ended up switching to KLM via AMS as we need to travel late pm and it’s £240 v the original £50!
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
Are we due compo for a flight cancellation within 14 days? Or will they rely on good old covid?

We’ve ended up switching to KLM via AMS as we need to travel late pm and it’s £240 v the original £50!

If your departure and arrival airports are the same, then you might hope you get £220 compo. But if you've changed one of them, e.g. LHR to LTN, then I understand from BA's wording you're out of luck. Though the CAB website doesn't mention this restriction.
snow conditions
We’ve just cancelled the EJ flights as they have nothing suitable, so would our alternative plans be relevant? As it happens we’ve switched to Leeds from Manchester as we can get there more easily after work.
latest report
CathS wrote:
Had another look at the EJ booking site just now, and some of the GVA flights from Mancs and Liverpool next week have now reappeared. So it looks like they are just doing a review and overhaul of their schedules.

They’re changing almost by the minute! There was a Mcr GVA flight on friday 10th. Now gone!
snow report
Bristol to Geneva on 18th still on.
snow report
Just had notification that my flight from GVA-BRS on Monday has been cancelled, but the return on Sat morning is still on. How helpful.
ski holidays
Should keep checking for rebooking. We had a flight Luton - Geneva on tues 14 cancelled. There was nothing to rebook either side going back and forward to before the respective weekends. Around lunchtime a couple of flights appeared for Sat and Sun (before and after). And this evening one appeared for Wed 15 which I booked.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jet2 now joining the party with Geneva cancellations - they've just axed our January return flight.

I've lost count of how many times we've had our flight times changed or had to rebook for this trip! Laughing Evil or Very Mad If we do end up being able to go it'll be something of a miracle. It's like building a house of cards - there are so many potential points of failure...
snow report
denfinella wrote:
Jet2 now joining the party with Geneva cancellations - they've just axed our January return flight.

I've lost count of how many times we've had our flight times changed or had to rebook for this trip! Laughing Evil or Very Mad If we do end up being able to go it'll be something of a miracle. It's like building a house of cards - there are so many potential points of failure...

Jet 2 shunted us to a significantly worse flight in March today.

As you say, the problem is that many of the elements are dependent on others.

It's annoying as we would have been as well booking the return with easyJet as the times are now similar !

Like you, I just hope that the flights don't change to cancellation......
ski holidays
We originally had Jet2 flights Edinburgh>Geneva 19th to 26th Dec, and Jet2 cancelled the outbound a month or two ago.
So we booked EasyJet outbound for the same day, which has also now been cancelled (yesterday) with us being shunted onto an evening flight a day earlier (Sat 18th). Unfortunately our car hire can't be changed (it would genuinely be cheaper to buy a car) so our current plan after landing is to jump into a taxi to a hotel just over the French border. Because we have a 15 year old and can't get a pharmacy test for Pass Sanitaire at that time of night, it'll be room service for dinner and breakfast. I'll leave the rest of the family there while I go the 2 miles back to Switzerland (another form to be filled) and collect the hire car. Pick them up and head for the mountains - final destination La Rosiere. Phew
snow conditions
@GreenDay, @denfinella,
I love living in Scotland, wouldn’t change it for the world but sometimes I do envy those in the south who can drive to the Alps in a day. If I had that option I don’t think I would get on a plane again.
Hope you get sorted
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:
@GreenDay, @denfinella,
I love living in Scotland, wouldn’t change it for the world but sometimes I do envy those in the south who can drive to the Alps in a day. If I had that option I don’t think I would get on a plane again.
They treat you like you have nothing else to do.
Hope you get sorted
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:
@GreenDay, @denfinella,
Hope you get sorted

Agree 100%. When it works well, its fine, but even my fairly simple time change today necessitated me wrangling all the other guys, talking to the transfer people etc.

PITA frankly.
latest report
@Jonny996, couldn't agree more.
snow report
Our EasyJet flight 7:00 on 13th from Manchester to Geneva was cancelled but they put us on the 13:00 flight same day so no real problems other than having to pay for a private transfer due to late arrival in Geneva
ski holidays
Whilst I can understand changes to other flights from the same location / consolidation of passengers , it pales into insignificance compared to cancellation without alternative.
A "we're sorry" doesn't quite cut it.
snow report
Halitosis wrote:
Unfortunately our car hire can't be changed so our current plan after landing is to jump into a taxi to a hotel just over the French border.

We were quoted 50 Swiss Francs 2 years ago for a (10 minute ride) taxi from the airport to Ferney Voltaire, just over the border in France. Shocked

After enquiring at the airport information desk we jumped on a bus to Ferney from the door of the airport, which cost us less than a fiver for the 2 of us. wink
snow report
We are now also victims of Easyjet's axe - Edinburgh to GVA (& return) is now cancelled. Sad

We were booked to fly out on 12/12 and back on 20/12 and have car hire booked for our onward trip to Val Thorens. Luckily the car hire is cancellable and refundable.

We have now booked an alternative route to Lyon instead.

Under our new itinerary we fly Easyjet from Newcastle to Belfast (better than trailing to Edinburgh) on 7/12 and sleep at the airport there. We then fly from Belfast to Lyon on 8/12.

We could have taken both flights on 8/12 but there is only a 70 minute gap between flights - and Easyjet fly to Lyon only once a week. As we didn't fancy the idea of losing the entire trip if the Newcastle flight was delayed, we opted to travel the night before to Belfast.

We fly back (via Belfast again) on 15/12 and will chance the 70 minute connection on the way home, as Easyjet fly to Newcastle daily.

Our new flights are costing us £120 pp in total (hand luggage only), which we think is a bit of a bargain at this stage. Very Happy

Now we just need to sort out trains to Moutiers (which I mention in a separate thread). We have decided against car hire as I can't find anyone who will guarantee winter tyres Sad . Do any of you have any recommendations in that respect? Puzzled
ski holidays
My MAN-GVA flight this Saturday to the psb was cancelled and I was offered one arriving at 2155 instead (too late for the bus!)

Easyjet have responded to my compensation claim already:

"Our assessment team have taken a look at your claim request and investigated all of the available information available, including the circumstances of your flight, but have determined compensation is not eligible under the Regulation. ....

...To further explain what happened; health and travel restrictions imposed to mitigate the spread of the Covid-19 virus, severely affected easyJet’s flying programme. This significantly impacted our programme along with other airlines and we had no option but to cancel your flight. We do take reasonable measures to avoid delays and cancellations to our flights by having replacement crews and spare aircraft available in our network. However, in the circumstances, these options would not have helped as your flight was cancelled as a direct result of these new travel restrictions imposed by local Governments."

Given that they're still flying into Geneva, I don't see how this is really extraordinary circumstances and intend to email them. Anyone got any tips on this?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy