Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Friday Half Term Travel - Weather Looks Fun

Poster: A snowHead
Windmaggedon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah my train to the airport is already cancelled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we have made it onto the tunnel. Thank god for a Friday inset day. QE2 bridge was closing behind us as we crossed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mike_H, @franga, did you manage to get away?

BHX departures board is a sea of red at the moment Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope everyone gets away! Need this weather to calm down by the morning tomorrow!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think, even if the weather calms down overnight, unfortunately tomorrow will still be carnage, all the cancelled flights from today will spill over and lead to big delays. Very unfortunate timing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Chichester Bar.
Hopefully this is as bad as it gets, or they'll run out of numbers.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes - improving now. The worst is past. Baro rising, cold front come through, wind veered, temperature markedly dropped, wind dropped. Time to start picking up the pieces. Quite a lot of roofs off in this neck of the woods, including one of my immediate neighbours. I think mine's OK.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting-we are just north of Horsham-yes, it's windy and I don't think I'd want to be landing at Gatwick at the mo, but I'd say we've had far worse
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Definitely not had worse here for ages - probably not since the 1987 storm, though I was in London for that, not down on the coast. I've lived on Chichester Harbour for 25 years and never seen a solid, consistent, force 11 wind with hurricane force gusts. That's exceptional.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My horse chestnut has just collapsed into the garden. Fence looks distinctly unhappy as well. It's a bit breezy out there.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I fear there may be a knock on effect for all flying for half term tomorrow-planes may be in the wrong place etc. Having said that, LGW and easyJet seem to be delaying flights till later this afternoon at the moment. Whizzair is just cancelling everything.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

http://youtube.com/v/vPQh1FrbOc0
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Definitely not had worse here for ages - probably not since the 1987 storm, though I was in London for that, not down on the coast. I've lived on Chichester Harbour for 25 years and never seen a solid, consistent, force 11 wind with hurricane force gusts. That's exceptional.

Not far short of the conditions I learned to windsurf in down on Chichester harbour in the late 80s. My uncle has a yacht in the marina which I’m hoping to use in the spring. Hope that survives!

In other news, I’ve lost 4 fence panels this morning which is really handy given I’m supposedly flying to Austria in the morning! Anyone who wants to have a wander round my garden are now welcome.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My weather station reported highest gust 81.6 mph at 11:08 and consistently blowing 63.5 mph around then.

You can see how quickly it came and went from the graph below.

ski holidays
@Weathercam, a friend has just sent us the same link so we can watch her husband take off at 3.30 (he's a BA pilot). Though it only seems to showing landings, all done rather well as far as I can tell.

@TopGooner, we lost our fence in a storm some 15 years ago - it was the arris rail type attached to concrete posts all of which snapped simultaneously under the force and the reinforcing rods bent flat. A few days later we looked out of the window to see a lady walking her dog on our lawn! We replaced the fence with a brick wall.
latest report
I think I spoke too soon about it improving. It has, a bit, in that it's no longer blowing a solid Force 11, but is a solid 10, gusting 11, which would be a cause for comment, most days. And the piles of seaweed which the retreating water left in our road would make it quite difficult to get my car out - the Council will clear it, but not tonight and I'm not going out there with a shovel. It's still blowing around, anyway, so it would be a fruitless exercise.
snow report
And as an aside many Frenchies are on the road now, having packed up and left for fear of the bouchons tomorrow.

In the two parking areas below and next to me it's been busy all day with cars being loaded up, also probably has something to do with the weather as temps have hit +15 this afternoon!
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/vPQh1FrbOc0

Brillant to watch that whilst sat in the departure lounge at Heathrow, Very Happy kids loving it. me not so much...
snow report

trains somewhat banjaxxed coming out of town earlier!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy