Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

COVID positive today 17/2. Due to travel on 26/2.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are due to depart the Netherlands on the 26/2.

Staying overnight in Germany and then travelling to Austria on the 27/2.

Husband had COVID 4 weeks ago. Son (17) and I have a positive lateral flow today. Son (15) negative.

We are all double vaccinated & boosted.

Is there any hope if my youngest doesn’t get it / already has it (ironically he’s most ill out of all of us).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LavaLaura, wear PP2 masks to minimise transmission in the household.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a pain,@LavaLaura. Yes, good idea to wear PP2 masks. But also plan for the worst - when my double vaccinated and boosted son in law had Covid recently - not very badly, and he's super-fit - he tested positive for more than 10 days. In that household, the only escapee was the unvaccinated 9 year old.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
are you allowed to travel into Austria within 14 days of an infection? For instance, in UK you wouldn't have your covid vaccination certificate or proof of recovery back by the 26th. I have no idea what the situation is with NL and Austria though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get yourself a nasal irrigation treatment - my friend tested negative after 4 days and swore the nasal irrigation treatment was the reason (she too was racing to beat a ski holiday deadline). Worth a shot at least, though perhaps not very pleasant.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I will get one - I don’t mind a nasal rinse Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells wrote:
are you allowed to travel into Austria within 14 days of an infection? For instance, in UK you wouldn't have your covid vaccination certificate or proof of recovery back by the 26th. I have no idea what the situation is with NL and Austria though.

Good point. More reading required. We’re driving not flying so slightly easier hopefully!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@LavaLaura, Don't declare the infection, or take a PCR test. Just deal with it yourself. Not worth losing your NHS QR code, especially as testing requirements in the UK will end before you are due to travel.

You might be lucky and all pass a test before you go.

The rules are 10 days quarantine from first symptoms, not test, then you can carry on as normal, even if you are still showing positive, otherwise 5 days + 2 consecutive negative tests.

(If one of you still show slightly positive, the chances are they will not be infectious, then just do a half hearted test to ensure it shows negative).

The lateral flow tests only require nasal swab. Mine was negative, but showed positive when I added throat. ( Not a strict requirement, but I had a cough, and was testing to protect vulnerable family).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks - we’ve already had a PCR.

But we live in the NL so the test here won’t register on our U.K. NHS records until we link them.

We will be leaving and returning to the NL travelling via Germany to Austria.

I can’t find anything on the Austrian websites about a recent COVID infection.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rois1980 wrote:
Get yourself a nasal irrigation treatment - my friend tested negative after 4 days and swore the nasal irrigation treatment was the reason (she too was racing to beat a ski holiday deadline). Worth a shot at least, though perhaps not very pleasant.

I’ve been using a sea salt nasal spray since yesterday afternoon & have finally tested negative today after 2 wks of positive tests. May be a coincidence but it may have helped me along. Not quite as nasty as doing a nasal rinse.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are you still testing positive? I’m 5 days in and the two red lines are getting stronger. Hoping to be clear in the next three days so I can travel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LavaLaura wrote:

I can’t find anything on the Austrian websites about a recent COVID infection.

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

And under the section "Entry with positive PCR test after COVID Recovery", the medical certificate form has to be filled and certified by your medical doctor that "at least 14 days have passed since the first detection of SARS-CoV-2..."

https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/Bundesnormen/NOR40236859/II_344_2021_Anlage_I.pdf

Hope the above links help provide some answers to your questions.

Speedy recovery and happy ski-ing soon!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LavaLaura, no one is going to check any documents between NL and Austria. The entry requirements for Austria change on 22nd so you only need a test to enter anyway. I am assuming you wouldn't travel unless testing negative.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy