Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pierre & Vacances late arrival arrangements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning on booking a last minute ski trip in the alps for myself and my girlfriend, likely for the last week of march (26th-2nd). I'm a relatively experienced skier, but I've only ever been with parents or on organised trips, so this is the first trip I'm booking myself.

I'm looking at a Pierre & Vacances accommodation in Meribel Mottaret, but the only reasonably priced flights I can find get into Geneva around 5:45pm. I've looked at transfer companies, and Ben's Bus seem to have good reviews, have stops near the accommodation and are reasonably priced, and their bus leaves the airport at 8, also have seen altibus, who are a bit more expensive but leave a bit earlier. Are these operators reliable/ are there any other's you'd recommend?

But, with the late arrival into GVA, and the busses leaving around 8pm, meaning arrival into Meribel will be at 10:30-11, the pierre & vacances reception desk will be closed. I've checked the accom website, and it says that on Saturdays the reception closes at 10pm, but we would arrive after that. So what are p&v's arrangements for late check ins? Presumably we'd have to inform them that we'll arrive after close, but just want to know that they have something in place, and we won't arrive and be left there without our keys.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@zaphod424, welcome to SH's. No particular experience with P&V but yes I suspect they have a policy/process.

We have booked through an agency for next week and they have some sort of secured box system.

But really you'd have to speak to P&V direct to be sure as it may vary even depending on locality.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You call reception and ask them to put the keys in the key box and get the code for the box off them. It's standard stuff, don't worry about it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I booked P&V apartment in Andorra in December; I don’t have it to hand but yes there was a policy of key box etc. They will send you details when you book (look carefully, mine was hidden behind a link or two). Don’t worry. Have a good time!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@zaphod424, have stayed there a few times. Like others have said there will no doubt be a method of leaving the keys etc in an envelope for you at the reception desk. Might be worth contacting them to let them know you will be late arriving so they can sort out. My memory is a bit rubbish but it might be worth checking which P&V as IIRC there's two - Tueda is one of them and the other is Les Crets. Just so you're in the right reception... and not weeping at 11.30 at night as the piste bashers smooth out the front de neige.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Btw ours said reception closed at 6, we got there at 7.30 and they were still serving with a smile, also the groups who arrived after us.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy