Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone fly with Lufthansa recently?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone fly with Lufthansa recently?

Can you clarify if they will accept the ‘test at home’ type antigen test? I have Randox pre-departure anitigen tests ready for my 2 children (unvaccinated). Will Lufthansa accept these Randox fit to fly certificates?

Thank you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We’ve used them for coming back to the UK with Lufthansa. Where are you going? Presumably Germany isn’t your final destination?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heathrow to Munich
Munich to Heathrow
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm flying Heathrow - Munich ; Munich - Heathrow on Sunday (20/2) and although I don't need tests some of our group do and I believe that they have the same tests although not 100% sure that they're Randox tests. They definately have 'test at home tests'.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I traveled to Munich at the weekend, used C19 testing (test at home LFT where they email certificate) which was fine for my unvaccinated 11yo.

Slight fly in the ointment now - think we need a test for going home which I'd not factored in! Suggestions welcome...!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As long as you have a proper certificate it doesnt matter where you take the test. There is no difference to the certificates you get here from the free test stations dotted around everywhere (you have to physically attend) and the certificates you get from the various dodgy companies in the UK
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all.

I was also unsure about needing a test for our unvaccinated kids upon returning to Germany from Austria. I luckily have some spare antigen tests that were purchased for the (now scrapped) Day 2 testing requirements. I’ll be taking those with us to use before returning to Germany incase a fit to fly certificate is needed for return flight to the UK.

It honestly feels like travelling abroad for the very first time again!!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought PCR tests were needed for unboostered children
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All permitted unvaccinated or unrecovered travellers aged six or over from the UK arriving in Germany need a negative COVID-19 test result. It can be either a PCR test that is no more than 48 hours old at the time of departure, or a rapid antigen or other test sample that is no more than 48 hours old at the time of entry. The result of the test required by the authorities can be either in paper or electronic form in German, English, French, Italian, or Spanish.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nobody needs a 'fit-to-fly' test for return flight to the UK since the 11th of Feb -- not sure about entry to Germany from Austria tho'
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Albob, agreed. Austria into Germany was my only grey area so will be taking my spare Randox test kits just incase.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AlwaysFalling1 wrote:
All permitted unvaccinated or unrecovered travellers aged six or over from the UK arriving in Germany need a negative COVID-19 test result. It can be either a PCR test that is no more than 48 hours old at the time of departure, or a rapid antigen or other test sample that is no more than 48 hours old at the time of entry. The result of the test required by the authorities can be either in paper or electronic form in German, English, French, Italian, or Spanish.

Is this the same for Austria? This is good as was expecting to have to get my daughter a PCR as she is only double jabbed and timings are a challenge to ensure we have the result through for PCR
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, You could check the Crystal covid advice page to check (depends on ages of children)

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-14.2.22-at-1152.pdf
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've only been checking for two children aged 7 and 9, who are unvaccinated. Neither need a test for Austria. Check for yourself and for the age of your child. Must be easier to interpret compared to Germany!!!

The crystal ski guide is great. Just wish they also included Germany.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
6 and over need some sort of test for Germany. Under 12 don't for Austria ( as long as parents are vaccinated). I'm going in a group of around 40 of all ages (into Munich and onwards to Austria) and the testing requirements are a nightmare!!
ski holidays
James75 - Exactly the same here! Germany is the nightmare. In any 24hrs, I can go from feeling ultra-confident to feeling like the trip is off! lol

Who are you guys travelling with? Lufthansa?
snow report
@AlwaysFalling1, there is no issue returning to Munich airport from Austria. Transit is allowed whatever their status no tests required. In any case the chances of anyone checking are very small indeed, even if you did get some random check no one is going to prevent kids travelling with vaccinated parents from going to the airport to fly home. You might find that the German police are more helpful than check in staff in the UK!
ski holidays
Thank you Munich-Irish. You’ve been such a great help over the past few weeks. Very much appreciated!
latest report
AlwaysFalling1 wrote:
James75 - Exactly the same here! Germany is the nightmare. In any 24hrs, I can go from feeling ultra-confident to feeling like the trip is off! lol

Who are you guys travelling with? Lufthansa?

Yes Lufthansa. My situation is ok, My wife and I are both triple jabbed, and my 15 yr old and 13 yr old are both double jabbed and recovered (NHS covid pass for 12-15 yr olds a lifesaver) so we meet the requirements for Germany and Austria without the need for an testing (i hope!!!!) but others aren't. Most have kids who are under 12 so not jabbed and therefore need some form of test for getting into Germany (ok for Austria).
snow report
@AlwaysFalling1, You might want to read this page with references to Lufthansa

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=7680
ski holidays
albob wrote:
@AlwaysFalling1, You might want to read this page with references to Lufthansa

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=7680

Thank you. Was confident our Randox 'test at home' antigen tests were sufficient, but now this would seem insufficient!! Aaarrgghh!!
snow report
radar wrote:
@schnitzel_skier, @munich_irish, From the Lufthansa website it's their requirement, this is the link to the FAQ https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information#accordion-item-section-proof and I've pasted the relevant bit below, if you are fully vaccinated no problem more of a challenge with children:

Information regarding the obligation to provide proof of vaccination or immunity or of negative Corona tests on Lufthansa flights

Generally, passengers must show a proof of vaccination or of immunity or a negative Covid 19 test at the time of departure. This applies on all Lufthansa flights for all passengers at or over the age of six.

Certificates are accepted in German, English, French, Italian or Spanish, self-tests are not valid.

Proof of vaccination: Valid is an analogue or digital proof of a vaccination series completed more than 14 days ago of a vaccine approved by the Paul Ehrlich Institute (= vaccines approved in the EU)
Proof of immunity: The proof of recovery (digital or analogue) must be a PCR/LAMP/TMA test proof that is at least 28 days and maximum 90 days old
Test certificates: Antigen, PCR, LAMP and TMA tests carried out at certified testing centers are valid. A PCR, LAMP and TMA test may be carried out at the earliest 48 hours before departure, antigen tests at the earliest 48 hours before arrival. (for departure in Germany at the earliest 24 hours before departure). For flights from virus variant areas, only PCR tests are valid.
snow conditions
Also from Lufthansa site:

Covid-19 Test/Vaccination RequirementsMost travelers require a COVID-19 test or vaccination.
Passengers entering or transiting through Germany must have:
- a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken at most 48 hours before arrival; or
- a negative COVID-19 LAMP, NAAT, PCR, RT-LAMP, RT-PCR or TMA test taken at most 48 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
The test result must be in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
This does not apply to passengers younger than 6 years.
This does not apply to passengers with a positive COVID-19 LAMP, NAAT, PCR, RT-LAMP, RT-PCR or TMA test taken at least 28 days and at most 90 days before arrival.
This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days and at most 270 days before departure and must be in in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish. Vaccines accepted are: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax) and Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty). Passengers who received one dose of Janssen must also receive a booster dose of Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax) or Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) at least 14 days before departure.

No mention here about antigen tests being taken at testing centre's! Bloody annoying!
ski holidays
@AlwaysFalling1,

I think by self-test they mean ones you do yourself and certify the results yourself (e.g. NHS ones).
Randox etc are certified in their Laboratories, so should be acceptable

Self test acceptable -- https://lufthansa.travel-regulations.com/route-info?origin=MUC&destination=LHR&search-enabled=true :: scroll down

".Verified Self-Testing
When entering Germany and Austria, you also have the option of using test kits, accompanied by a video and a verified self-test, which are available to you as an alternative to our trusted partner laboratories. You can use the tests conveniently at home or in your hotel and you will receive the test certificate by email afterwards.

covidtestONLINE
* Important note: Until further notice, verified self-tests are only accepted when entering the following countries: Germany and Austria. For other countries, please check the local entry requirements. Up until the day of your flight, the legal/regulatory requirements pertaining to your flight (including those relating to the test regulations), in particular those of the respective country of destination, may change. Please find out independently and in good time about any changes to the legal/regulatory requirements (including those relating to the test regulations) for entry into your destination country. See Lufthansa’s General Conditions of Carriage, Art. 13.1. Lufthansa cannot accept any responsibility in this regard....."

==

I had a look around the Lufthansa site yesterday, and found it to be out of date - e.g. It still states that the UK requires a 2-day return test..
latest report
When you present the C19 or Randox or whatever certificate, the German authorities will have no way of telling whether the test was self administered or not. You’ll be fine.
ski holidays
Praise the lord!!!! Tomorrow night is test and upload night, so fingers crossed!!!!
ski holidays
Have a great trip!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy