Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Self administered LFT for Italy

Poster: A snowHead
There was a comment yesterday that Italy won't accept self administered 'fit2fly' tests.

Does anyone have any info on this? (I can't find anything to back it up) or has got into Italy using one recently?

This will be affecting quite a few of us in a couple of days Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Week before last, the checkers on arrival at turin airport readily accepted our randox fit to fly certificates, as emailed to us the previous day in response to scan of the lateral flow cartridge showing negative result from self administered sample.
Similarly the randox certificate had been accepted by TUI check in staff preparatory to our flight from UK to Turin.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went to Italy last week. I used the Chronomics LFT test recommended by Crystal. You do it at home and email them an image of the result. That was absolutely fine. To be fair, given the microscopic amount of time that the border control guy spent looking at it, it probably could have said 'Mickey Mouse' and I'd still have got in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think they’ve changed it for EU people now who have the same 24 hr requirement as the UK now (according to this webpage unless it’s a typo)? Can’t find anything re the UK.

https://www.lovevda.it/en/before-your-trip/information/coronavirus
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went to Italy over Christmas and used self administered LFTs (Chronomics). I'm not aware it's changed?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chuckles3 wrote:
I think they’ve changed it for EU people now who have the same 24 hr requirement as the UK now (according to this webpage unless it’s a typo)? Can’t find anything re the UK.

We had to carry out the LFT within the 24 hours before ARRIVING in Italy (not leaving the UK - this is a crucial point that some have fallen foul of!). Since their service is web based this was not an issue. We got the results back in around 20 minutes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
greengriff wrote:
Chuckles3 wrote:

We had to carry out the LFT within the 24 hours before ARRIVING in Italy (not leaving the UK - this is a crucial point that some have fallen foul of!). Since their service is web based this was not an issue. We got the results back in around 20 minutes.

Excellent reminder about arrival & not departure time. We’re doing Chronomics late afternoon Sat for a 1000 hrs arrival Sunday, just in case of delays.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chuckles3 wrote:
greengriff wrote:
Chuckles3 wrote:

Excellent reminder about arrival & not departure time. We’re doing Chronomics late afternoon Sat for a 1000 hrs arrival Sunday, just in case of delays.

Thanks. I have to say I'm really impressed with the slickness of the Chronomics setup, even though it's obviously open to abuse.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

carry out the LFT within the 24 hours before ARRIVING in Italy

So this sounds like we may need to do more tests? Can anyone confirm?
Our plan was:

Day 1 12pm do Test 1
Catch Eurotunnel 1pm
Drive to overnight France

Day 2 Drive to italy arrive 2pm Sad

May have to crack the whip with the family to be away by 7am day 2!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers all. Box ticked Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tick Eh oh!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MHskier wrote:
Quote:

carry out the LFT within the 24 hours before ARRIVING in Italy

So this sounds like we may need to do more tests? Can anyone confirm?
Our plan was:

Day 1 12pm do Test 1
Catch Eurotunnel 1pm
Drive to overnight France

Day 2 Drive to italy arrive 2pm Sad

May have to crack the whip with the family to be away by 7am day 2!

err no ! Italy is GMT +1, so a test taken noon UK time is valid until 1pm Italy so that's a 6am start Very Happy .

Note that I did read that some people had issues with the time difference, the border guards didn't like it so make sure that the certificate has the time zone on otherwise you lose that hour. Maybe someone can feedback on their recent tests ours from C19 says 'London time'.

TBH if arriving by car the chance of anyone checking it at the Italian border is somewhere between slim and non existent but you could get unlucky.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
richb67 wrote:

Maybe someone can feedback on their recent tests ours from C19 says 'London time'..

Mine said GMT +0.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@MorningGory, had no issue on Saturday having used the Randox tests.

Certificate was checked at Manchester, but not in Verona if I remember correctly.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the updates re Randox & Chronimics which seem to put to bed the suggestion that self-administered tests are an issue.

I have an Excalibur LFT for my trip in a little over a week - does anyone have direct experience of travelling with a certificate issue by them?
snow conditions
I assume that the kits I bought as pre departure (to UK) can be used for arrival in Italy?

As an aside, flying into Innsbruck last week, we had a problemn with a test cert (which had an error in it). Once we said we're off to Italy we were waved thru, not their problem apparently Smile

At Salzburg on Saturday a friend's wife was waved thru having managed to "not find" her test cert and covid passport. (She did have both but is technologically challenged) Smile
snow report
I'm not unduly technologically challenged but still would insist on printing out covid passport etc. Just in case.....
snow report
Excalibur and Randox say GMT
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
I'm not unduly technologically challenged but still would insist on printing out covid passport etc. Just in case.....

This. An electronic device might let you down when you most need it - a piece of paper will not.
ski holidays
Who are people using to buy their LFT/Antigen tests from?
I've got Chronomics and Randox on the list. I'm not bothered about the cheapest price, just reliability/ease of use of the app and a quick turn around on a Saturday would be good.
latest report
OTS wrote:
I've got Chronomics and Randox on the list. I'm not bothered about the cheapest price, just reliability/ease of use of the app and a quick turn around on a Saturday would be good.

We have just used C19 Testing for the PreBB trip and they were faultless
latest report
We used C19 for flight on 22nd Jan.
Certificate back in 2 hours.
ski holidays
Thanks both Eh oh!
latest report
OTS wrote:

We used qured. Pretty much instant certification.
snow report
Our group are also using C19... ordered Sat... arrived Sunday. Taking the test Friday 4th... fingers crossed, not long now snowHead
snow report
kittya wrote:
OTS wrote:

We used qured. Pretty much instant certification.

Yep me too - used them in the summer and just a couple weeks ago. Impressive service
latest report
A bit of late reply to the Excalibur question - we used the self-administered Excalibur LFT and on this occasion completed the test six hours before the flight to allow plenty of breathing room for delays. The digitial cert and QR code came through almost instantly on the app and an email a short while later.
snow report
Just did a dummy run with Randox as my daughter will have to do one on her own when away with the school. App was ok to use and we uploaded a picture of the test in the app no problem.

Result came back in a few minutes
BUT - no email of the certificate.
And my daughters app shows "1 pending" in certificates on the app.
She did manage to download a pdf to her phone when when got the result.

The problem I have is she will have no chance to print anything before her flight. Is a copy of the pdf on a phone accepted? Is it better showing the certificate from within the app? Or will she need a paper copy? Anyone have any experience of this? She is flying to Italy (Milan) on Ryanair on Mon 14th Feb.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zikomo wrote:
Just did a dummy run with Randox as my daughter will have to do one on her own when away with the school. App was ok to use and we uploaded a picture of the test in the app no problem.

Result came back in a few minutes
BUT - no email of the certificate.
And my daughters app shows "1 pending" in certificates on the app.
She did manage to download a pdf to her phone when when got the result.

The problem I have is she will have no chance to print anything before her flight. Is a copy of the pdf on a phone accepted? Is it better showing the certificate from within the app? Or will she need a paper copy? Anyone have any experience of this? She is flying to Italy (Milan) on Ryanair on Mon 14th Feb.

I believe they would just want to see the qr code on the certificate (at most), so just showing them the saved pdf should be sufficient.

Note - I haven’t travelled to Italy, so this is pure speculation. I did mine through Randox on Friday (and had the same - no email) but being GVA and then to France, there was no opportunity to show anyone … the Swiss border official was fine with all the docs being on the phone though.
snow report
I used Klarity for flights to Turin, smooth and easy, took test at 16.30 on Saturday result back within 45 mins with cert attached, next day delivery also. No issues with cert when checked at MAN check in. Will use them again if needed.
ski holidays
@geoffknight, thanks. How did you show your certificate? On your phone or printed out? Looks like young female cost centre is able to download a pdf to her phone from Randox
ski holidays
@Pejoli, thanks!
latest report
Used Chromonics for Verona. Almost certain they did not bother checking at border control. Just TUI at Bristol airport.

Will be using Chromonics again for France in a few weeks. Results came back within 30 seconds of submitting. Easy to use.
Would recommend.
snow conditions
This is from the esteri.it site government site in relation to having to take a pcr/antigen test before entry to Italy, " Taking effect from 16 December until the end of the state of emergency and, in any case, no later than 31 January 2022,"
If I'm reading it right, it implies that the test requirement automatically lapses, and up until typing this has not been renewed.
So this requirement may well be a thing of the past, (imo of course!)

https://www.esteri.it/en/ministero/normativaonline/focus-cittadini-italiani-in-rientro-dall-estero-e-cittadini-stranieri-in-italia/
latest report
I don’t think you need it anymore.

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/from-to/LUX/ITA/AUT,DEU
snow report
@DTB, the UK is neither in the EU nor in Schengen, therefore for now we still have to take a test. I'm pretty sure, without having checked the annexes, that WD40's link also applies only to EU or Schengen countries.
latest report
So on what basis are you pretty sure?
snow report
OTS wrote:

Ive used Randox Rapid Antigen Test at Westfield Stratford. In and out within 15 minutes and negative result emailed to me within 30 minutes (website stated within 60 minutes). No need to download or use any app.

All the best with your upcoming travels!
latest report
This is usually a reliable source-suggests nothing has changed:
https://www.thelocal.it/20220131/how-do-italys-international-travel-rules-change-from-february-1st/?amp
We used Randox and Chronomics, results back from both in a minute or so. Chronomics web app a bit quirky but worked in the end, Randox never sent promised email so have to download pdf via their app. Randox click and collect is handy as backup in case of problems - usually in stock somewhere nearby for instant collection
ski holidays
DTB wrote:
So on what basis are you pretty sure?

https://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/approfondimenti-insights/saluteinviaggio
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy