Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

April 10th-17th, which resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good evening,

I feel like I always ask the same question and I really do take note of all the suggestions but I feel a great sense of pressure when deciding the annual family holiday.

There's 10 people going this year ( 2 x families and 2 extra teenage friends). We originally stay in a self catered apartments but this year we really don't fancy the hassle of cooking and cleaning after 6 kids, so were looking into budget hotels that include breakfast and dinner.

The 3 on the shortlist are all Belambra Hotels:

1.Belambra Club Tignes - Le Diva. We've been to Tignes for the last 3 trips and love it. We know the area, bars and restaurants but did fancy a change

2. Belambra Clubs Arc 1800 - I've never skied here before so not sure if all runs are open at this time, really don't fancy getting buses to slopes or home.

3. Belambra Clubs Avoriaz - Again, I haven't skied here before but a friend of friend goes every April and says there's plenty of snow.

We've got 5 teenage kids (18+) with us, so we need a decent Apre ski and minimal walking to slopes etc.

Has anyone stayed at any of the hotels above? Are we going to be ok with snow in Avoriaz and Arc?

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

2. Belambra Clubs Arc 1800 - I've never skied here before so not sure if all runs are open at this time, really don't fancy getting buses to slopes or home.

Usually from 1800 almost all runs will be open until the very end of the season, though some of the lower ones may be slushy in the afternoon and some down to 12 or 1400m, such as those down to La Grange will be closed. Many years ago I was staying in 1800 at the end of April and had to take the lift down (this was before any snow making was installed). That night it snowed heavily and the rest of the holiday was on excellent fresh snow.

I'm afraid I don't stay in hotels so cannot comment on your choice of hotel, but I'm pretty certain Tignes or Les Arcs will have skiable snow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seems like a very dry winter in (much of) France, so you might be better looking east - Austria (best resorts then probably Obergurgl or Ischgl) or somewhere in Eastern Switzerland (Laax, maybe somewhere in Engadin?) will most likely have more snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anywhere in New Zealand given those dates. Confused
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No wrong choices.
If you've been to Tignes enough times, a change might be nice. Still it's a safe bet with enough to do early April, I've done it a few years ago mid April and only the last hundred meters before La Daille were very slushy.
I've been in Les Arcs 2000 mid April as well. The area was perfect but the pistes next to 1800 were quite brownish. We had early intermediates with us so we haven't considered going to La Plagne so I don't if you can access their heights and how it looks in April.
Haven't been to Avoriaz yet so I can't comment but checking their piste map I can't feel confident I'll have enough mileage at altitude in case of a heat wave at that time.
It's a matter of luck but in my opinion if skiing fast and a lot on different pistes is important to you, Tignes is a sure bet. And you can go to the other 2 for the next winters in an earlier week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for your replies. We've decided to play safe and stick with Tignes. We've been a few times and the kids know the slopes well, so I'll feel happier. Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad you have booked something. Another time you could also look at Mmv club hotels which are probably in a similar price range. The one in Flaine is recently refurbished and I think they also have hotels in places like Tignes Les Brevieres and Arc 2000.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Slight curveball. Via Hotels.com, the Belambra hotel in Arc 2000 are including lift passes with the room, this would save us around £900 as a group.
Are there different lift passes for Les Arc? and would we need to upgrade the basic one?
I'm worried that we'll et there and have to pay extra money for a better lift pass
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mjh1972, quite right, check what those lift passes cover. There will undoubtedly be local-only passes (most places have those), all of Les Arcs, and the entire Paradiski (allowing you to take the connection over to access all the La Plagne side, which keen skiers will no doubt want to do).

However you may be able to get a one-day Paradiski upgrade on the Les Arcs pass.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mjh1972, now this is rather tempting, being right next to the 2000 skiing bowl.
You can ask in Les Arcs/La Plagne forums here regarding normal april conditions and connections of course.
I just went to Belambra website and couldn't find any details regarding the skipass type they offer. I guess it's the basic one, see below for more details. Better if you send an email to their hotel.
@j b, they have modified them in the last years. The classic pass doesn't allow 1 day in the other area (La Plagne) anymore unless you pay an extra 21€ for that day
The essential pass is more expensive by 40€ for 6 days and to me is worth it because it covers both areas, it saves you 17€ on the First Tracks (which I always do) and a few more euros on other things (Aiguille Rouge cable car and Luge 2000).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy