Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to Davos this weekend for the first time. The kids haven't skied for a couple of years so we were planning just to ski around and explore a bit (Saturday) and have a lesson on Sunday. I just wanted to get a feel for what lift Queues are likely to be like at Parsenn and Jakobshorn at the weekend or if we should head to one of the other areas first? Also are there are recommendations for mountain restaurants where we can meet a non skier? Any advice on best areas to head to etc welcome snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The pizza resto in the railway station certainly used to do the most excellent pizzas
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Guernseyfreerider, Madrisaland is a good bet for quieter and family-friendly skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am trying to remember whether there was a difference weekends from other days. Logically the areas accessed direct from train stations (Parsenn and Jakobshorn) are the ones you would expect to be busiest.

If you are based in Davos, Madrisa is a bit of a trek for the first day (train plus bus). Rinerhorn and Pischa generally quiet, and buses run with Swiss efficiency, but they are smaller areas.

Trying to remember where we ate on the mountain, I don't think they were usually next to a lift serving pedestrians. Top of the Parsenn funicular or the Madrisa gondola would be the obvious places. There was also a very nice restaurant in the hotel opposite the Klosters Platz railway station (which is also the bottom of the cable car up and the corresponding run down off the Parsenn area).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Long time since I've been to Davos but the Rinerhorn are always used to be the least queues when things were busy.
There is some pleasant skiing down to valley level where there are no lifts back up like to Wolfgang or into the Klosters valley where the restaurants are often better than those at the lift stations to meet up with non pedestrians and the bus and railways always run to timetable so you don't miss much skiing if you time it right.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy