Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

22/23 season ski with childcare

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, having o let taken up skiing fairly recently and only been as a couple, I’ve been trying to book our first family ski trip for Feb 2023. At that time, we will have a 1 year old and 4 year old. Can anyone suggest a company to book through that includes infant care and ski lessons/club for young children? Esprit ski appears to be fully booked for resort child care and Crystal Ski are saying they have no childcare available for booking at the moment.

As a side question - does anyone know when Crystal release their childcare slots???

Flaine looks good for family but there is no independent childcare so would have to book through Crystal.

Many thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski Famille
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With such young children can you not avoid February, or most of it?
I used to see a lot of Ski Famille when we lived in Les Gets and the children all seemed to be very happy.
We have friends whose son and family have used The Family Ski Company at Ardent four times, something must be right.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowbizz in Puy St Vincent are an excellent family run company. We went with them many years ago.
I haven't been with Family Ski but would consider them too.

I think there are better places than Flaine to go with children that age.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would avoid February if possible as busiest month.

Snowbizz are great. Apartments basic but ski club and crèche very good.

We have also been to Les Gets and hired an independent nanny through Alpine Child Care which worked really well.

A couple of options in La Tania - Le Ski and Ski Magic offer catered chalets with childcare
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also Mark Warner and Neilson.

Quite a few chalet companies which offer childcare if you Google such as chilly powder and Powder Byrne.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unless one of you is a teacher and cannot avoid Feb HT I would suggest La Rosiere in early March after the end of the French holidays. So around 4-11 March

Cheaper , likely warmer and sunnier , and far less busy. Snow should still be great.

Esprit has a lot of chalets and apartments there and we spent several very happy years in chalet Amelia which is next to the nursery run (and can be used for tobogganing after lifts close). Bang next door to the main child care chalet (for daytime and evenings). They pick up the little ones from the chalet at 8:30 .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Strongly support advice to avoid the four very busy French school holiday weeks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We used Ski Beat as an alternative to Esprit a few times - but their website says "no childcare this season". Might be worth asking if they plan to reinstate it next year, but it sounds like what Jacob Rees-Mogg would call a Brexit dividend.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can recommend Chilly Powder in Avoriaz - stayed with them twice when the kids were small and childcare was excellent. Obviously this was pre-"B word", but a quick glance at their website seems to indicate they still offer childcare.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If the 4 year old is in school, you shouldn't get a fine for taking them out if rules haven't changed in the last 6 years since we did it - compulsory education doesn't kick in until they are 5 so make the most of non-peak travel and go January or March (after French HT if you're considering France). We used Esprit several times and definitely recommend them for those ages.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
When in Feb are you looking? I'm surprised that Esprit are 100% booked already for next year. Maybe they have just not released all their childcare - Can highly recommend them although that was in the "old" world pre Brexit which has changed things.

As mentioned. If you can avoid Feb so to it will make a big difference. May even be worth taking them out and taking the fine as it will be much cheaper, obviously only if you child is doing well and won't be affected.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy