Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gatwick Check in times

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure I saw a post on this before, but I've searched for it and I can't find it.....

Easyjet are recommending a check in time 3 hours before my flight to Turin (a week tomorrow). 3 hours??! They can't be serious, can they?

Anyone got any recent experience?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On another thread re Manchester the consensus from snowheads at the moment was 3 hours
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers. Need to get to there for 5.10am then Sad Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easyjet was a bit of a ballache at LGW last week if you have any luggage to check. Plenty of machines but you have to queue first to get vax status verified then if you had skis on your booking the machines wouldn't acknowledge it (some excuse like rearranged flights which virtually everything is not carrying the baggage over properly) Then nasty staff basically accusing you of lying about your baggage.

My recommendation if you have ski carriage booked is to ask Customer Services to send you an email to that effect so you have it in your back pocket when the machine tries to charge you another £48 or something.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, cheers. We have upfront seats with carry on bags, but we are checking skis. I'll make sure I print off my booking with ski carriage highlighted in marker!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Why cant EJ just do the same as Eurotunnel, where you upload all your certs/docs in advance. It saves so much faffing around.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jafa wrote:
Why cant EJ just do the same as Eurotunnel, where you upload all your certs/docs in advance. It saves so much faffing around.

Even BA are having problems getting their electronic checkin to work properly. Their verifly app doesn't cover enough countries and lots of people are having problems even signing into their direct system, let alone loading docs.

And they will probably put in a lot more effort/resources than sleazy or RA.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Geneva rather than Gatwick, but i was in the speedy boarding queue at Geneva last week, 2hours before flight (would have been more but bus was late), and was pulled out of that queue into a separate 'your flight is leaving soon, come over here' queue, as even the speedy boarding queue/desks were so slow. I wasn't the only one either.

Basically - yes, aim for 3hours right now!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Timmycb5, I've been through the North Terminal at LGW a couple of times in recent weeks with EasyJet, at what I would consider quiet times, and I would have to say that, if, like me, you prefer a 'relaxed' coffee/breakfast/browse in the shops airside, then 2 hours is no longer enough. Especially when you add half term volumes into the mix !

Easyjet employ a single queue for both regular and Speedy Boarding customers, that serve multiple bag drop machines, so the line looks horrific when you arrive, but it does chug along nicely. The problem for me seems to be 2 fold.......
a) There have been staff at the head of the queue checking vax status, Covid test documentation, etc, but of course, a single queue serving multiple flights/destinations means that sometimes there is confusion around the requirements for each destination - therefore takes longer.
b) Folks have differing formats of documentation ie electronic, paper, etc, and not all have everything at their fingertips. Plus of course there are are a plethora of suppliers of test certificates which are not always easy to check as they are all different.

As I say, 2 hours 'might' be enough, but I wouldn't take that risk, especially if you prefer a relaxed experience !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
At weekends at GVA don't wait later than 'Go to Gate' to go through passport control. It's chaos. Long queues, 3 desks open. Took me an hour to get through.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Without hold luggage arriving 90mins pre departure was more than enough recently at both LGW and BSL. The latter in particular was deserted on a Monday night.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
noggy wrote:
At weekends at GVA don't wait later than 'Go to Gate' to go through passport control. It's chaos. Long queues, 3 desks open. Took me an hour to get through.

same at Barcelona last Monday - just made the flight
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
twoodwar wrote:
On another thread re Manchester the consensus from snowheads at the moment was 3 hours

Hi @twoodwar do you have a link to this thread please? I tried searching Manchester but nothing came up.

Due to fly tomorrow with TUI/Crystal and I have 2 different answers - original booking says 2 hours, another email says 3 hours. Have already checked in online and have boarding passes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the responses all. I'm glad I asked. I HATE being late for flights, especially if it's out of my control.

They'll be fine if I take a tent and set up camp in the North terminal the night before, right?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I flew out of Gatwick with Rynair to Dublin on Tuesday. The airport was pretty deserted - as it was when I flew back, today. I needed nothing but my boarding pass, just once, to get into the security area. Nobody looked at it after that, checked my vaccination status nor glanced at the Irish Passenger Locator Form. I had no checked baggage. Aircraft was fully loaded and took off early. But a Saturday with lots of charter flights and skis? All bets are off. Dublin airport today, on the other hand, was busy and my flight back full - Gatwick was very peaceful on arrival, in contrast. The South Terminal, of course, is a haven of restfulness.
snow report
Anyone ever used premium security at Gatwick? Just booking the valet parking now and it's come up as an option for a fiver each. Just wondering if it's worth it.
latest report
2 weeks ago we went though Gatwick during the early Saturday rush of several ski flights all leaving ca 6-7 am. After reading about issues on SH we arrived ca. 3 hrs beforehand and breezed through, but the queue was starting to build behind us. Maybe because the person in front of us didn’t have their paperwork sorted out.

We just grabbed a table at Pret for breakfast and a few coffees.

We’ve used premium security a few times as it came free once and we sometimes fly BA club so you can use it then. You pretty much just walk straight through. However I don’t remember having bad queues at LGW security going out.
snow conditions
We're flying easyJet tomorrow (Sunday) from Gatwick to Innsbruck at 11:30 so would be curious if anyone flew out this morning and how it was.
snow conditions
@marcs44, there is someone on another thread saying he had missed a flight to Innsbruck this morning from Gatwick.
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, I used it all the time and it is really quick with a separate electronic boarding pass check and I think two dedicated belts. At holiday time you "always" get people that have large liquids in carry-on and this slows down the belts due to secondary checking. Typically (my observation) priority security are seasoned travellers and know to not do that etc o it is quicker. I got it for free with my BA card so used it all the time. I use priority security in the South terminal next to the BLOC hotel. I can't comment on the North terminal.
snow conditions
I dropped my daughter off at Gatwick north terminal this morning. It took her about 40 minutes to check her bags in at the EasyJet bag drop off. It was busy but the queues were moving. I’ve no idea how long it took to get through security , but she caught her flight!
snow report
Pamski wrote:
@marcs44, there is someone on another thread saying he had missed a flight to Innsbruck this morning from Gatwick.
. I believe this was down to the fact he’d not downloaded the NHS app & done the required admin prior to arriving, rather than the size of the queue. First time setting up the NHS app can take a time for the verification process to run.
ski holidays
@Chuckles3, yes. He has said that now.
snow report
We arrived at Gatwick this morning at 9 for our easyJet flight and there were no queues at bag drop or security so we were into the departure lounge in no time. I was talking to some security staff and they said they expected it to get busier as the day goes on though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy