Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claiming BA e-voucher —- Broken leg ??

Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Mayrhofen via Munich in 5 weeks but unfortunately my son ( 21 ) broke his leg yesterday .

I've looked on the BA website but its a bit unclear if i can claim a e-voucher at any time for any thing or it has to be Coronavirus related .
I dont want to alert BA about the leg if its only Coronavirus issues can be claimed for .... Might have to be sneaky pretend its covid a week before the flight ??

Has anyone applied for a voucher off BA recently , Coronavirus or non-Coronavirus , Did you need to send proof of Coronavirus testing etc ?? We would only be claiming for him

thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 31-01-22 11:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@wasley, in my experience, you don't have to give a reason - for the moment BA flights are fully flexible. I've had to cancel a couple of return flights for a rather obscure reason, not Covid-related; I wasn't even asked why I was cancelling. (I cancelled by telephone.)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@wasley, when did you book flights? When i looked at getting an e-voucher for our summer BA flights... thankyou Amber+! There was a clause about needing to use within a year of date booked which had originally missed. Thankfully they had cancelled our flight and moved us to a different time so was able to use that to cancel for a cash refund. Check to see if that is the case, as you may be better if doing insurance claim
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can get vouchers for any reason.

(For GnarliBug/SoPiB I ended up having to book and cancel a bunch of flights to consolidate BA vouchers because you can only use so many on a trip!)

The replacement vouchers have a time limit; I think they guarantee this will be at least a year, but the vouchers I have received have been valid for a lot longer.

Worth remembering that (assuming you already have it) holiday insurance should cover some costs if unable to go due to injury beforehand.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Because we haven't been away for 2 years we have no holiday insurance , I was going to book a Annual policy just before we went .

From the BA website .... "You can use an eVoucher to pay or part-pay for a new booking. Any trip booked using your eVoucher must conclude – departure and return – by 30 September 2023"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wasley wrote:
Because we haven't been away for 2 years we have no holiday insurance , I was going to book a Annual policy just before we went .

From the BA website .... "You can use an eVoucher to pay or part-pay for a new booking. Any trip booked using your eVoucher must conclude – departure and return – by 30 September 2023"

Thats good, wonder if they realised it was putting people off accepting one?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wasley wrote:

and there's the lesson right there. sorry it happened to you/your son but I see this so often. Insurance should be in place when booking to cover this eventuality
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@holidayloverxx, +1
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
wasley wrote:

and there's the lesson right there. sorry it happened to you/your son but I see this so often. Insurance should be in place when booking to cover this eventuality

So if I booked a single trip insurance today for a trip in 5 weeks would I of be covered if I broke my leg tomorrow ??? As I presumed it was only valid from the start date not the booking date... I would of definitely booked it if i had known

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 31-01-22 14:17; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:
wasley wrote:

I weighed up the voucher which I knew I would get (at worst, since I've also obtained two full return flight refunds this season) against the high cost (for me) of insurance. The answer, as so often, isn't black and white.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wasley wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
wasley wrote:

So if I booked a single trip insurance today for a trip in 5 weeks would I be covered if I broke my leg tomorrow ???

With most insurances yes (normally in T&C's as cancellation cover)

edit: Worth noting that it wouldn't surprise me if insurers will have some limits (e.g. won't be covered for first 3 days) to avoid people trying to buy insurance after the injury
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@wasley, yes.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
wasley wrote:

I weighed up the voucher which I knew I would get (at worst, since I've also obtained two full return flight refunds this season) against the high cost (for me) of insurance. The answer, as so often, isn't black and white.

This - perversely not being insured early (not least because compelling insurance offers were very slow to emerge) has been a valid strategy this year with widespread unprecedented ability to switch flights etc.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
qwerty360 wrote:
wasley wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
wasley wrote:

So if I booked a single trip insurance today for a trip in 5 weeks would I be covered if I broke my leg tomorrow ???

edit: Worth noting that it wouldn't surprise me if insurers will have some limits (e.g. won't be covered for first 3 days) to avoid people trying to buy insurance after the injury

Nope - usually from the start of the cover, for medical stuff though - i.e. broken leg they will require details from consultant / doctor, which will say when it happened.

Just dont get why folks dont take out the cover as soon as they make a big purchase eg. flights rolling eyes

Also the reluctance to claim on travel insurance, folks expecting other businesses to take the hit - wheh SWMBO broke her ankle, we claimed for everything we could that we had paid out for - only cost us the excess obv. and the pemium didnt move the following year. So no reason not to use it. Its what its there for Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 31-01-22 17:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Just dont get why folks dont take out the cover as soon as they make a big purchase

or possibly four minutes before.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Just dont get why folks dont take out the cover as soon as they make a big purchase

Perhaps like me they don't realize it will cover you ....I will remember from now on

Back to my original question Please
snow report
qwerty360 wrote:
wasley wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
wasley wrote:

Of topic, but i am sure the pet insurance had a 30days period which you couldnt claim in.
snow conditions
wasley wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps like me they don't realize it will cover you ....I will remember from now on

Thought that was answered by Hurtle
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
wasley wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

He did and im grateful , but that's 1 persons experience out of the whole thread .. It turning into a insurance thread which isn't helping me

If someone knows if i can claim a e-voucher for just my son as it seems i can only claim the whole group when i tried
ski holidays
wasley wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
wasley wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

He did and im grateful , but that's 1 persons experience out of the whole thread .. It turning into a insurance thread which isn't helping me

If someone knows if i can claim a e-voucher for just my son as it seems i can only claim the whole group when i tried

Ah! Think you will need to phone for that. Yes when i cancelled mine i had to do whole booking (which i wanted to...) so didnt think anything of it
ski holidays
@Bones,
Quote:

Just dont get why folks dont take out the cover as soon as they make a big purchase eg. flights
for the reason I gave above, as echoed by DOTM. Obviously if it's clear you're going to make a purchase which cannot be covered otherwise than by insurance, then it usually makes sense to take out insurance first.
ski holidays
Update
If any one else is in the same position
I contacted them via Facebook Messenger , As we booked as a group they had to remove him from our booking and give him a separate booking Ref No' ( As you can only cancel the whole booking not individuals )
Then we went on Ba.com , selected Manage tab ,entered new Booking Ref + Surname
From there Manage my booking , then cancel my booking , selected eVoucher etc ( No reason required for cancelling ie:COVID etc )

A few hours later the voucher come through via email
latest report
@wasley, really glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing with the rest of us.
snow conditions
wasley wrote:
[

In May 2021 we were dubious about one of our party of three flying, so I phoned. BA were very helpful and said they would need to split the booking then treat the one I might need to cancel as a separate booking for issuing a voucher. As it happened out flight was cancelled and rescheduled. I still had to phone up again to get the booking split and one refund.

edited because I got the year wrong initially Embarassed

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 15-02-22 10:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I've only just seen this thread but I recently cancelled someone from my booking with BA. I had to ring up (on hold for about 15 mins) to do this. They handled splitting the booking and triggering the voucher application.
Note that I initially didn't get the voucher after this process and had to ring up again a couple of weeks later. They said there was a problem with the voucher generation. We got it 1 day after this second call.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy