Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain photos taken by my VI skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you read/ follow the Grand Massif snow reports thread you may know that I guide a visually impaired skier around the Grand Massif. She is classified B3, and has 20 degrees of vision, hence the need for a guide.

While we are doing this there are quite a few stops when she takes photos and also 360 photos that is her hobby and also potential little business (doesn't really make anything yet however!) via her website.

The link to her Massif Sunrise collection is here https://bit.ly/MassifSunrise

and the link to the 360 photos here https://bit.ly/3JQfmCc

Lots of her 360 photos both summer and winter are on google street view, with nearly 850,000 views

hope you enjoy them Very Happy and no one objects
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very nice indeed!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Those 360's are very clever...!

Love the Sunrise ones
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lovely to see these. I taught science in the Royal Blind School in Edinburgh (now retired) and guided my pupils skiing on the local dry slope. One of my former students now competes in VI skiing Michael Kear and with his guide has just qualified to move onto world cup. Looking forward to watching his progress.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a cycling mate who is blind (rides the back of a tandem) and can only see bright light but no definition. He takes photos on his phone using an app that describes what's on the screen to him. He gets amazing results.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you everyone for the kind comments, pleased you like them

@adithorp, She uses that app occasionally when its twilight to help get about, its very clever, called Seeing AI and is produced by Microsoft, and its free!

@mogulski, She is hoping to get into competitive VI skiing, as she competed when she was younger before her sight got worse, but had to stop as without a guide, there were too many crashes. She competes at national level para swimming in s13, which is the equivalent of B3.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Love the "Morning Moon" one

Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mogulski, Michael and his guide used to race against my stepson who guided a VI skier. Although they’re currently not competing due to the difficulties of classification.

Hope Michael’s step up to World Cup goes well. The step up has gone well for Neil Simpson.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Zorrac, I hope the move to competitive skiing goes well too!

This is a great video of Hester http://www.nickalive.net/2022/02/meet-14-year-old-blind-skier-hester.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hammerite, Thank you. Next season hopefully, we have a competition instructor interested, so will see. Classification for her has been an interesting, really very frustrating at times journey, that is not quite over yet, but we are getting there.

Video looks great. We met a blind skier and their guide from Belgium while in the Grand Massif from this http://www.blindchallenge.eu/

The only thing we found a bit odd with them was the VI skier was just wearing the creamy coloured jacket (the skier in the middle on their website front page video) it was not very obvious.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy