Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!...how to get to St Anton now??? Missed Gatwick flight

Poster: A snowHead
need to get to St Anton asap .
Any sensible ideas pls?

I'm sat in Gatwick having missed flight to Innsbruck.

Any sensible suggestions on what I can do now to get there asap ?

thanks
Tony
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Titan airways 9.55, Easyjet 13.25 to Innsbruck
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plenty of trains from INN to S.Anton, Last one leaves around 10 pm. SLZ to S.A last train 8 pm. You need to find a seat w easyJet. Good luck
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fly to Zurich and take the train
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow ! Easier than I thought. I'd never even thought about train from INN.
Spoilt by too many package holiday transfer coaches, obviously.
Cheers, all !
Tony
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Are you on your way?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, if there's a flight to INN you're sorted. Book train on the OeBB app while the plane is taxiing, shuttle bus from the airport (used to be €2 or so), when you get to St Anton there'll be taxis waiting.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tomahawk Tone, just out of interest, how much time had you allowed at Gatwick this morning?

There have been a few enquiries on here asking if 3 hours is really required.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tomahawk Tone, how did you miss your flight?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pamski, In my experience, definitely 3 hours needed - all the sorting of paperwork/apps at check-in is leading to delays..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@albob, I think so.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am very interested to know if @Tomahawk Tone, made it. Please let us know and put us out of our misery....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yep, made it over ok.
Lovely TUI rep in Gatwick airport (Carl, top bloke!) found me a slot on a later flight from where there was a cancellation.

All my own fault.
Forgot needed to scan in passport/driving license and scan your face into the nhs app, to prove its really you for COVID pass to be valid abroad.
oops! doing at 530am at check-in was a tad late . Confirmation did come thru until 1130. Only then could I run around to make other arrangements.
I was all set to have to pay shed loads and sprint over to Heathrow.

In other news, I never realised how well connected Innsbruck is.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tomahawk Tone wrote:
yep, made it over ok.
Lovely TUI rep in Gatwick airport (Carl, top bloke!) found me a slot on a later flight from where there was a cancellation.

All my own fault.
Forgot needed to scan in passport/driving license and scan your face into the nhs app, to prove its really you for COVID pass to be valid abroad.
oops! doing at 530am at check-in was a tad late . Confirmation did come thru until 1130. Only then could I run around to make other arrangements.

Glad to hear you got there safely and good on Tui.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tomahawk Tone wrote:

Eh? What's that all about?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
Tomahawk Tone wrote:

Getting validated on the NHS app is quite tortuous and needs a video of yourself saying its you.
snow report
@stevew, ah...so it's not about validating the covid pass. I know validating on the NHS app is tortuous..I started a thread on it ages ago.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
@stevew, ah...so it's not about validating the covid pass. I know validating on the NHS app is tortuous..I started a thread on it ages ago.

Phew, thought yet another hoop to jump through had just appeared
ski holidays
stevew wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Tomahawk Tone wrote:

Getting validated on the NHS app is quite tortuous and needs a video of yourself saying its you.

Ehhh indeed! I've been to France twice since mid December (and Switzerland once) and didn't have any of that rigmarole.

I simply went online, logged in to my account on the NHS website and downloaded the QR codes that showed my vaccination record. The NHS QR codes were then accepted in France and Switzerland when they were scanned Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
Tomahawk Tone wrote:

Since when?
snow conditions
I think it's what you have to do in the beginning, to see where you are on the NHS app - as @holidayloverxx, noted, it's about setting up the personal ID on the app - not about travel, particularly. I did it back when I started getting the vaccinations.
latest report
My blood just ran cold while reading this as we too have a godawful early flight to Innsbruck. Thought it was a new thing we had to do! #relief
latest report
@pam w, Blimey, I don't remember doing that. Must have, I guess.
snow report
NickYoung wrote:

I definitely haven’t done any sort of video anything.
snow report
@NickYoung, I don't remember doing that either....

How would the 'system' know it was you anyway? (image of Coco the Clown saying "it's me, it's me ,...!)

A person with no Passport or Driving License wouldn't be in the 'system' in order to be identified.. -- How would it work?
snow conditions
Red Leon wrote:
NickYoung wrote:

I think if you are already set up with online access to your medical records via your GP then you don't have to do the video verification thing when you start using the NHS app as your ID has already been verified.
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, Yep -- this sounds correct -- I have been registered with my GP for Medical Records for several years..
ski holidays
Red Leon wrote:
NickYoung wrote:

me neither. I have a vague memory that you had to do it if you weren't already on one of the apps like patient-access, which meant that the NHS already knew who you were.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There seems to be an "hierocracy" (SP?) of getting your NHS Logon approved:

1) Done a long time ago at the doctors (or wherever) - Nothing
2) You look like your passport/driving license - just upload the passport picture/driving license
3) The computer said "no" - Have to do the video.

I had to do (2), other half had to do (3) - that was when the idea of the NHS app appeared on here months ago Smile
latest report
Phew, had me going for a bit but we fall into 1) above having signed up for Patient Access ages ago.
We find the app useful for appointments and repeat prescriptions.
ski holidays
agw wrote:
Phew, had me going for a bit but we fall into 1) above having signed up for Patient Access ages ago.
We find the app useful for appointments and repeat prescriptions.
+1 It's a really good app and I feel that it's helped a lot in getting good service from my GP practice during the pandemic.
latest report
pam w wrote:
I think it's what you have to do in the beginning, to see where you are on the NHS app - as @holidayloverxx, noted, it's about setting up the personal ID on the app - not about travel, particularly. I did it back when I started getting the vaccinations.

We didn't have to any ID verification "in the beginning." We set up an account online, entered our NHS numbers and Bob was our uncle. Very Happy
snow report
A few weeks ago on the Friday night before catching the next day's flight to Geneva my son discovered that there are 2 QR codes on the NHS web site. He didn't have the "travel" one. The other one is useless and really should be removed. After a very nervous hour or two involving video and passports the correct code appeared.

We would have never realised the problem unless we told him to load the anticovid app.

Incidently in a resaturant in France my wife's anticovid qr code wasn't accepted. The NHS QR code was fine.

I suspect a lot of people are caught out by this.
snow report
johnE wrote:

Incidently in a resaturant in France my wife's anticovid qr code wasn't accepted. The NHS QR code was fine..

Not sure what the ‘anti covid qr code’ is but the NHS one is all anybody wants to see for entry into, eg. restaurants
snow report
Red Leon wrote:
johnE wrote:

Incidently in a resaturant in France my wife's anticovid qr code wasn't accepted. The NHS QR code was fine..

Not sure what the ‘anti covid qr code’ is but the NHS one is all anybody wants to see for entry into, eg. restaurants

My guess is the NHS vaccination QR code uploaded to the TAC Pass Sanitaire expired so the Pass Sanitaire was no longer valid.

The NHS vaccination QR code updates every time you open it up to give it a further month’s validity but if you don’t upload the new one to the Pass Sanitaire, the old one will eventually run out.
snow report
Minion1980 wrote:
Tomahawk Tone wrote:
yep, made it over ok.

All my own fault.

Glad to hear you got there safely and good on Tui.

I Just returned from a TUI (Crystal) package. Really well run, pretty quick transfer etc on the way over, but picked up in S Anton at 16;45, 1 1/2 ish hour transfer, no wait at bag drop, 15-20 through security boarding, boarding called 10 minutes after. Slick as could be.

Sounds like they did an excellent job for you - better than DIY?
snow report
Mr Marmot wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
johnE wrote:

My guess is the NHS vaccination QR code uploaded to the TAC Pass Sanitaire expired so the Pass Sanitaire was no longer valid.

The NHS vaccination QR code updates every time you open it up to give it a further month’s validity but if you don’t upload the new one to the Pass Sanitaire, the old one will eventually run out.

In Italy, the restaurant scans the NHS QR code to check that it’s valid - so all you need to have available is the QR code. Are we saying that in France, you have to essentially verify your own QR code by uploading it to a separate app and that, having done so, you have to refresh it when the QR code reaches expiry date? Seems unnecessarily clumsy.
ski holidays
Red Leon wrote:
Mr Marmot wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
johnE wrote:

In Italy, the restaurant scans the NHS QR code to check that it’s valid - so all you need to have available is the QR code. Are we saying that in France, you have to essentially verify your own QR code by uploading it to a separate app and that, having done so, you have to refresh it when the QR code reaches expiry date? Seems unnecessarily clumsy.

The TousAntiCovid Pass Sanitaire will function without an internet connection and the TousAntiCovid app also has numerous other track-and-trace and health advice etc features.

There was a time that the NHS vaccination QR code would not work in the French system unless it was added to the TAC Pass Sanitaire but that is no longer the case.

However it should be remembered that when using the NHS vaccination QR code in the NHS app, that an internet connection is required unless it is stored as an image or in the ‘wallet’. Also note when stored as an image or in the ‘wallet’ you are subject to the expiry date issue. The expiry date issue affects all uses of the NHS app QR code that is not on an internet connection. I understand that the expiry date feature is a security provision against misuse.

I personally had my QR code encased in a see-through pouch on a lanyard and so could keep my phone safely stored in a zipped pocket of my ski jacket. I also ensured that the QR code would remain valid for the period I would need it for.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 13-02-22 17:33; edited 4 times in total
latest report
Red Leon wrote:
Mr Marmot wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
johnE wrote:

All you need available is the NHS QR code. There's no need to upload it to any French app. (I'd personally not rely on opening up the NHS app every time I needed to show my QR code as that requires data, so I'd save a copy of the QR code somewhere I could always access it, or even better print it out.)
snow report
^^^
I think this is what most snowHeads have been doing. Not forgetting of course that the QR code you save to your phone’s wallet or print off should be valid for your whole trip.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy