Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rental car prices!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bones wrote:
midgetbiker,
Quote:

Your booking is presumably in CAD and I've no idea what the shift on FX is for that

Nope those prices were £, prior to this years prices,

No, what I meant was that you booked in £, but the source currency is CAD, so how much of the increase is hire inflation and how much is FX movement would needs the maths running.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FX movement is neglible really £0.02 approx. difference, between 2019 and 2022 so far

Supply and demand of vehicles is a much bigger deciding factor, which we'll all have to accept - hopefully it will return to a more realistic rate in the future.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bones, wow, your right. I make the FX movement a bit more than 2p but still single figure %. So that hire inflation is pretty much all real. I wonder why the hike in Canada is so much more severe than US?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
midgetbiker wrote:
@Bones, wow, your right. I make the FX movement a bit more than 2p but still single figure %. So that hire inflation is pretty much all real. I wonder why the hike in Canada is so much more severe than US?

Not so sure it is, checking US rates a similar story from the price we paid in 2019 to now. Admittedly FX rate might be slightly different but not to that sort of degree.
Got a US mate who was telling me last year that hire rates were 3x what they were pre pandemic Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@anarchicsaltire, I though the main mode of transport in Kefalonia was moped. Very cheap and plentiful to hire I seem to recall. The island is not really large enough to justify a car.

I drove a moped from Lassi to Lixouri and back one day. Great experience in the sunshine, quiet windy roads. (I rarely ride motor bikes)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
£61 a day for small car from Marseille airport in August Shocked I can do without a car, but might check back nearer the time to see if it's radically cheaper.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hired a small commercial van recently instead of a hire car as it was 40% cheaper than an economy class.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bigtipper wrote:
@anarchicsaltire, I though the main mode of transport in Kefalonia was moped. Very cheap and plentiful to hire I seem to recall. The island is not really large enough to justify a car.

I drove a moped from Lassi to Lixouri and back one day. Great experience in the sunshine, quiet windy roads. (I rarely ride motor bikes)

Yes mopeds, and quads, are available however Linds wasn't keen on a sweaty used helmet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, @Snowsartre, a van would be a good alternative. Might look at that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@anarchicsaltire, not sure that a helmet was a legal requirement when I hired a moped there. (oops looks like it was) Of course you could take the ferry from Argostoli to Lixouri but why do that when you have hired a moped?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
anarchicsaltire wrote:

Yes mopeds, and quads, are available however Linds wasn't keen on a sweaty used helmet.

There are slow pitches and then there is downright trolling....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another experience of big last-minute reductions:

I'm flying to Lyon tomorrow for 5 days, and car rental was looking to be around £300 at the very cheapest in total. Checking now for tomorrow pickup, Europcar is offering a VW Polo or Fiat 500X for only £60 for the whole 5 days.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Useful @musehead, thanks. Will try that for my trip to Marseille next month.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy