Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transit overnight in Germany..is it possible

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are driving to Austria and usually overnight in Germany as its too far to do whole drive in one day.

I see the travel rules say we should travel to our destination country as soon as possible (paraphrasing).

Is it possible to break the journey and stay overnight?

We are both bolstered.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes it is. You need to register if vaccinated.
https://einreiseanmeldung.de/#/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it is. You need to register if vaccinated.
https://einreiseanmeldung.de/#/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can 'transit' but no sure about the stop-over

"Citizens of countries outside of the EU (e.g. British citizens) may enter Germany to travel to another EU member state or another Schengen state as their country of final destination if the following conditions are met:

the traveller remains in Germany (as country of transit) only as long as absolutely necessary to travel directly to the country of destination or another transit country;
the traveller is permitted to enter the country of destination or another transit country (in accordance with Annex I or II of the Council Recommendation of 30 June 2020 or with individual confirmation of permission to enter issued by the country of destination)."

https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/02/coronavirus?openAccordionId=item-2453922-2-panel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can enter Germany and stay for as long as you like for any purpose if fully vaccinated. No restriction and no quarantine. I have done is twice this month already. It is only restricted for unvaccinated or for countries with variants of concern.

………
If you’re fully vaccinated
Germany uses a two-tier system of risk categories (virus variant areas and high-risk areas), with distinct rules on entry and quarantine for each tier. See the complete list of designated areas.

The UK is designated as a ‘high-risk area’. You may enter Germany from the UK for any travel purpose if you are fully vaccinated.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, yes I know that, thats where I paraphrased from.

The question is we think it is absolutely necessary to overnight.

@Dd4, link to your source please?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
@albob, yes I know that, thats where I paraphrased from.

The question is we think it is absolutely necessary to overnight.

@Dd4, link to your source please?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/germany/entry-requirements

Restrictions only apply to unvaccinated. Vaccinated have been able to enter freely for about a month now.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albob wrote:
You can 'transit' but no sure about the stop-over

"Citizens of countries outside of the EU (e.g. British citizens) may enter Germany to travel to another EU member state or another Schengen state as their country of final destination if the following conditions are met:

the traveller remains in Germany (as country of transit) only as long as absolutely necessary to travel directly to the country of destination or another transit country;
the traveller is permitted to enter the country of destination or another transit country (in accordance with Annex I or II of the Council Recommendation of 30 June 2020 or with individual confirmation of permission to enter issued by the country of destination)."

https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/02/coronavirus?openAccordionId=item-2453922-2-panel

This is out of date. If you look at the top of that document it has an addition which overrides the rest of it which was only effective when uk was classed as variant of concern.

…..With effect from 0:00 hours CET on Tuesday 4 January 2022, the Robert Koch Institute has classified the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as a high-risk area. This has resulted in changes to the entry regulations (ban on carriage and entry lifted). This means, among other things, that people who are fully vaccinated or who have an important reason for travelling are also allowed to enter Germany. In addition, people who are fully vaccinated do not need a negative Covid test to enter the country, nor do they need to quarantine for 14 days on entry.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
daughters father in law drove via hull rotterdam and overnighted in germany twixt stuttgart and munich en route to austria friday , needed a lft for holland and had to register on german site for the overnight , no problem at any border but ideally need a paper copy of vaccination showing all three .we are doing same journey in a fortnight hoping nothing much changes other than getting easier
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, not sure why you would bring your own pillows Very Happy Anyone with two shots counts as fully vaccinated as far as entry to Germany is concerned, issues to do with transit then not relevant. Some places (including some hotels) are continuing with 2G+ (ie 2 shots + recent test or 3 shots) but as you have had 3 it doesnt affect you anyway. Your hotel will almost certainly want to check your vaccine certificate but that is currently the case in many places in most countries, probably until the end of March.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munich_irish, lol...missed that!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx wrote:
@munich_irish, lol...missed that!

Laughing

Were you making a bit of a palliasse of yourself there? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, oh my sides!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, we drove out on Friday, stayed over near Rosenheim, and arrived in Ellmau at 9am Saturday. Hotel asked for Covid passes. We had completed the prereg forms for Germany, but they were never checked and there were no border controls anywhere.

With boosters, all we needed was a certified LFT for France, which of course wasn't even looked at, and neither was the Declaration of Honour form. At French passport control at the tunnel we had a simple question - have you had a Covid test? We said yes, and we're waved on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy