Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another BA baggage question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Don't have time to phone and ask but flying out transatlantic shortly. First uk internal flight is business class, transatlantic is economy. I will be checking my baggage straight through Heathrow from Aberdeen. What is my baggage allowance?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@WASHOUT, the BA website says (my emphasis)

“If your journey with connecting flights is on a single booking reference, even if it includes other airline codes, you’ll enjoy the most significant airline’s baggage allowance. This is generally the airline that operates the longest flight on your journey.

You can usually check in your bags to arrive at your final destination if:

all your flights are under a single booking reference and ticket number, or
your flights are with oneworld airlines under a single booking reference, even if you have separate ticket numbers.
If an airport requires you to collect your checked bags before connecting to a domestic flight in that country, simply follow these steps:

Check in your bags for your first flight
Collect your bags when you land - you may need to go through customs
Go to departures and check your bags in again for your domestic flight
Collect your bags at your final destination.“

It doesn’t say this is not the case where you are changing classes, so should apply?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's how I read it aswell just making sure I didn't miss anything. We are flying all the way with BA with only one connection in Heathrow. Coming back is business all the way so no problem there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well maybe post back as to how you get on, as the practical application in this case would be interesting to know.

Good luck!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WASHOUT, I just got into the BA lounge at LHR and asked.

It is a bit vague. If you check okay at ABZ then the biz baggage should be okay. But as far as I understand it from my extensive BA travels, the most significant leg is transatlantic so the whole flight would be economy.

I asked why there could be a mixed class flight with UK biz, which is not normally available.

If your flight is to Canada, they sometimes ask you to collect and recheck.

I said to the lady you were flying to Vancouver but it was because I was tired and the BA password is Vancouver. Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Originally booked all business class last year with avios but when flights got bumped they didn't have a avios business class on that leg.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a bit annoying as the rest of the group who are flying from Manchester but on same transatlantic flight are all business.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I dont recall allowances changing from the higher class flight, provided it is both inbound & outbound.
They closed the loophole of booking Business out & Economy back though.
Headforpoints is prob the best place to ask though. Just piggy the question on to any of the latest articles

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 5-02-22 16:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
WASHOUT wrote:
Originally booked all business class last year with avios but when flights got bumped they didn't have a avios business class on that leg.

Ask at check in if there are any avios redemptions - if no luck, then ask the purser once you board (even better if a mate spies an empty seat) Ive upgraded once boarded with Virgin, Ive never flown Trans with BA
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mr.Egg, the biz economy loophole was the out and return segments different. But this is a one way and since BA changed then it should be okay.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to update. When i looked fully at my ticket it was clear 1x 23kg bag outward. Luckily i changed my flight to 4 days earlier and premium economy all the way out and back business. For some reason it says 2x 32kg for the premium economy leg as well as the return business...... confused but will be nowhere near that limit anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy