Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sworn Statement for France

Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to the French Alps for half term with our son on 12/02...unfortunately he has today tested positive for covid.
Given the sworn statement asks for 14 days without any covid contact we are now getting a bit worried.

Do the 14 days mean from when he leaves isolation ?
If he was to pass it onto us anytime soon I'm guessing we are screwed Eh oh!
Any advice would be really appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bert7cosby, look. Are you seriously going to compromise your honour for a ski holiday? Come on man, your honour - does it mean nothing?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As an aside, from inside France, we've all stopped testing cos that way you never test +ve.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bert7cosby,

Does your son have to have a negative test or does he simply have a fixed number of days he has to isolate? That would be the timeline I would use for the 14 days.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
As an aside, from inside France, we've all stopped testing cos that way you never test +ve.

My (Reasonable, I think) plan after arrival Saturday. The metric for me testing will be... "I don't think I can ski feeling like this." If we get it whilst there, we will absolutely respect their rules for their safety. But common sense needed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bert7cosby wrote:
We are heading to the French Alps for half term with our son on 12/02...unfortunately he has today tested positive for covid.
Given the sworn statement asks for 14 days without any covid contact we are now getting a bit worried.

Do the 14 days mean from when he leaves isolation ?
If he was to pass it onto us anytime soon I'm guessing we are screwed Eh oh!
Any advice would be really appreciated

Your 14 days pre departure starts on 31st Jan for 12th Feb trip. He only has to isolate for 5 days doesn't he (England?). If he is -ve after 5 days you can honestly say 'non!'

Or am I missing something. Not seeing how honour is involved.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's more if we catch it from him as although we will have had time to recover it will not meet the 14 day required
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charliegolf wrote:

Or am I missing something. Not seeing how honour is involved.

The document is called 'engagement sur l'honneur' ('commitment on your honour').

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 20-01-22 16:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@bert7cosby, look. Are you seriously going to compromise your honour for a ski holiday? Come on man, your honour - does it mean nothing?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Skiing, or honour? What a choice!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just didn't know whether they would actually check the declaration. If either of get covid before we depart from France we would be within the 14 days
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do they ever check these declarations? We have entered France multiple times from different directions, with declarations prepared and ready, but no-one has ever asked to see them.
Last time I declared no Covid symptoms, despite a sore throat and cough, because I tested negative it was obviously symptoms of a sore throat and cough, not Covid!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My guess is you'll get answers from both extremes of the spectrum!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RobinS wrote:
Do they ever check these declarations? We have entered France multiple times from different directions, with declarations prepared and ready, but no-one has ever asked to see them.
Last time I declared no Covid symptoms, despite a sore throat and cough, because I tested negative it was obviously symptoms of a sore throat and cough, not Covid!

They checked mine before boarding the Eurostar last week. Maybe I have a dishonourable look about me Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I always leave my honour in the Uk whenever I venture on a ski holiday, a lot more fun that way Twisted Evil Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Timmycb5, We have been practicing "honest, reliable, sensible, not a terrorist" expressions for border crossings for years, maybe it's worked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@RobinS, I can't do that. Whenever I pass security or customs I always worry that I've somehow accidentally packed explosives or 10kg of cocaine.
latest report
@Timmycb5, I always carry explosives, I mean what's the chance of two people with a bomb on the same flight?
snow report
@under a new name, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
@under a new name, I presume you have also scratched your name into a bullet as well?
ski holidays
Does anyone know what to put on the Sworn Statement form? Some oddly worded questions on the version in English.
"Residing at" : my exact permanent address, presumably.
"Initial place of origin (city/country)" : is this where I was born, or the city which my journey to France is starting from?
"Final destination" : the French ski resort I'm going to.
" I hereby agree .....to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in France" : Am I meant to tick this, as although I have no intention of taking a test on arrival, I would do if randomly selected to do so?
Or is the statement just a clumsy way of saying " I have taken a lateral flow test, no more than 24 hours before my flight from UK to France, and can produce the certificate to show it was negative" ?
"If I am not vaccinated under a complete schedule recognised by EMA, I hereby acknowledge isolation applied on my arrival....". Presumably as I'm vaccinated I do NOT tick that box?
Btw I've used the form linked on the Crystal website crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/entry-requirements/ It's the one for travel from red list countries, even though UK isn't on the french Gov't list of red countries ( & not on their amber or green lists either).
Crystal make no mention of a french passenger locator form, as opposed to sworn statement form, but the french gov's own website seems to imply a PLF might be needed additionally.
snow report
@peerless ploughman,

You may be using the wrong version. At top of my form in (brackets) is "(FROM AMBER LIST COUNTRIES)".

Mine states "I hereby declare on my honour that I have not had any of the following symptoms during the last 48 hours:"

Then there's a list of symptoms

There's no French PLF.

PS Are you fully vaccinated including the booster ?
latest report
For the UK version follow this link - https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

click on "TRAVEL TO/FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM" and scroll down to the 'Sworn Statement' (you no longer need a PLF for France).

"Initial place of origin (city/country)" - Departure place

" I hereby agree .....to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in France" : tick this (you are agree to take a random test is asked)
snow report
@albob,

The link you have given leads to the declaration for "Green list countries". The map shows the UK as an "Amber" list country.

None of the other options lead to a declaration for an "Amber List country". I don't know where the correct link is. I doubt if it matters if we use the "Green list" declaration.

The French website is a bit of a dogs dinner.
latest report
@welshflyer, not sure where you are looking : the page I have downloaded is headed

"SWORN UNDERTAKING TO COMPLY WITH RULES FOR ENTRY
INTO METROPOLITAN FRENCH TERRITORY
(UNITED KINGDOM)"

You are probably right tho' - the forms look the same

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 25-01-22 20:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Mine was never checked.
snow report
@snowball, I suspect we are being asked to jump through 'invisible' hoops.... :: Travelling Saturday with several 'apps' and a sheaf of paper ;'tis enough to drive a man to drink..... Wink
ski holidays
We travelled through the chunnel the first friday after they relaxed the rules, couldnt upload the forms due to a eurotunnel glitch so printed the forms out, despite being no other cars in the queue at the time they barely even looked at it,
snow report
Thanks for replies:
Welshflyer: yes I do wonder if I'm using the wrong form, despite taking it from the Crystal website. But the 'amber' version might not be right either. French gov websites do not include UK on their amber list.
I've had all 3 jabs including booster.

Albob: thanks for link to the french interior website, rather than the french foreign office 'diplomatie' site I had found.
Following your guidance, I've found the version of the sworn statement specifically for travellers from UK. (As opposed to the red list version given by Crystal). But it still includes the additional clause near the end, " if I am not vaccinated.... I acknowledge isolation applied on my arrival" etc. I don't think I should tick that bit, whereas I probably should tick the previous bit about I agree to take a test.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
welshflyer wrote:
The link you have given leads to the declaration for "Green list countries". The map shows the UK as an "Amber" list country.

None of the other options lead to a declaration for an "Amber List country". I don't know where the correct link is. I doubt if it matters if we use the "Green list" declaration.

The French website is a bit of a dogs dinner.
@welshflyer, Despite the colour in the map UK is not "amber", it's a special case all by itself! rolling eyes albob gave the only link you can give to get you to the correct page, but you just need to scroll halfway down to the table just below the map, then look at the right hand box which says "UNITED KINGDOM", then click that and the rest of the page changes to what you need. The sworn statement is the last doc in the table.
The green form (06-01-22) is not the right one, it says "(FROM GREEN LIST COUNTRIES)" under the heading in the doc. The UK one (14-01-22) says "(UNITED KINGDOM)"

@peerless ploughman I ticked the last box, only because it said "If I am not vaccinated..." so I figured I could tick it because it would never apply, because I was vaccinated.
snow report
What’s the right practice for my 8 yr old travelling with us (parents) please. Does he need a completed sworn statement as well? If so I assume we just complete it for him?
ski holidays
We went out on the 17th, and no - one checked our forms at all, and in fact one of the border chaps said "we aren't checking them anymore"
snow conditions
@NickyJ, very good Laughing as in, "there's a bullet with ... and it's kept very, very safe"?
ski holidays
I would also note, checking as we travel home EDI-GVA-FR in 2 weeks,

"You must present to the transport company and to the border control authorities [that would, technically, be the Swiss on arrival] a negative PCR or antigen test dating less than 24 hours before departure (departure of the first flight in the event of a connecting trip)."

From, https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Having been refused boarding twice in August because the gate agent didn't recognise my valid vaxx cert, I'm not taking the risk of lying on at least one form and getting caught out.
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@NickyJ, very good Laughing as in, "there's a bullet with ... and it's kept very, very safe"?

Absolutely … and as in:

Baldrick “I am unlikely to shoot myself”
Blackadder “Hope springs eternal”

Or words to that effect Smile
ski holidays
dredgey wrote:
What’s the right practice for my 8 yr old travelling with us (parents) please. Does he need a completed sworn statement as well? If so I assume we just complete it for him?

Yes (assuming you are fully vaccinated!). I got my under 12y old to sign her sworn statement when I went in the summer, but I don't suppose it matters! Someone posted the infographic from the British Embassy in Paris in one of the threads here recently, but I can't find that post now - the original is at https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=297707792385688&set=a.293020536187747 . For under 12s accompanying fully-vaccinated parents, it confirms that all you need is a sworn statement.
latest report
Just for absolute clarity - They want you to print the Sworn Undertaking and carry this with you as you travel and someone will ask to see this printed and signed piece of paper? This really is low tech!
snow conditions
UK-specific version of the French Déclaration outbound UK»France

This is the version for a fully-vaccinated UK Adult - I used this last week (28.1.22) and after printing it out, completing it by hand, and scanning it as a single PDF, I uploaded it to the Eurotunnel site and it passed validation.

I had previously downloaded it and cut out a few lines so it fitted on one side of A4. Which seemed logical to me. I then typed-in the details in the Word version, and converted it to PDF. When I uploaded that, it failed validation. Not sure why (too few lines? details have to be handwritten? Microsoft Print to PDF has a hidden encoding flaw?).
snow conditions
Hi folks.
Im looking for first hand advice on entering France and driving to Switzerland. I'm planning to get the Dover-Calais ferry on Sunday 6th Feb.
1) Do I need a negative test certificate?
If so, is there anywhere in Dover I can get this done as a drop-in?
2) Anything else I need?
I'm triple-jabbed and have the record on my App.

What do I have to do to fulfil this?:
"I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years)."
ski holidays
SkiPresto wrote:

Yes, for France. See for instance https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel under TRAVEL TO/FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM, which says "If you are vaccinated, you must present proof of vaccination status and a declaration of honor attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of covid-19. You must present to the transport company and to the border control authorities a negative PCR or antigen test dating less than 24 hours before departure (departure of the first flight in the event of a connecting trip)."

I have not been concentrating on the Swiss rules, so you will have to check them.

Quote:

Sorry, I have no personal experience, but Google suggests that there are several places - but you might want to book.

Quote:

2) Anything else I need?

Nothing else for France (apart from the Declaration of Honour, which you seem to know about). Again, I can't tell you about Switzerland.

Quote:

"I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years)."

Nothing except tick it (which is what I did last time I went). The English version is not very clearly worded, but I think what it means is that you are agreeing to take a test if they ask you to take one. The French version makes this clearer:"Je m’engage sur l’honneur à me soumettre au test antigénique ou à l’examen biologique qui peut être réalisé à mon arrivée en France métropolitaine (voyageur de plus de douze ans)", i.e. "I undertake on my honour to submit to the antigenic test or the biological examination which can be carried out on my arrival in metropolitan France (traveller over twelve years old)".
snow conditions
SkiPresto wrote:
Hi folks.
Im looking for first hand advice on entering France and driving to Switzerland. I'm planning to get the Dover-Calais ferry on Sunday 6th Feb.
2) Anything else I need?

There's a thread on precisely this topic: Driving to Switzerland from the UK via France and Back. It's only a couple of pages, so worth a read through.

1) Yes a LFT@24h validity
2) Don't know
3a) A completed French Déclaration sur l'honneur
3b) Swiss motorway vignette (can buy at border) & your Vaxx Certificate, Déclaration and Test Certificate uploaded to the Eurotunnel site (don't know about ferries, assume ditto).
4) We didn't tick that box as it's a logical crontradiction (but that's the English version - looks like the original French is logical to tick)

We did this journey the last two days. Fri uploaded Vaxx Cert and Déclaration / Sat we got a LFT done 2:30pm at a local clinic, negative, certificate emailed to us by the time we got home, uploaded to Eurotunnel / Sun Drove to Ashford and got 09:50 eurotunnel, stayed en route nr Troyes / Sun drove to CH, picked up vignette at border.

If you're driving from Edinburgh, then I appreciate the problem that the LFT is only valud 24h

*I favoured a test locally because (a) if it's positive then I don't have to drive all the way back home and (b) if the certificate doesn't arrive then I'm still at home to chase it up / sort an alternative out.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 1-02-22 15:26; edited 2 times in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy