Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alleghe info (Or elsewhere?)

Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of trying to organise a week in Alleghe in the near future, early March probably. Also hoping to bring a small group to either PBBWUW or BB next season and having already been to Arabba I really ought to try Civetta before deciding which. In the interests of fairness, of course......and already ahead of the immediate reply I would expect.....would love to do 'the double' but having to save a 2 week trip for my retirement present.

Most of my plans would be hijacked from the stuff I have picked out of the pre BB thread so just hoping to get the exact logistical details correct in advance , or listen to any other suggestions. So far I have on my list of plans:

1. Ski Civetta area. An easy one.
2. Day to Marmolada and beyond. I know there is a bus but would I (we) catch that from the gondola or the village square? Or either? What sort of time do you have to be back to catch the return to Alleghe?
3. The day to San Pellegrino @admin sorted this year sounds good, can that be done by another bus, or is it a taxi job for a small group? To Falcade I assume?
4. Considering but not sure we would visit Cinque Torri, we did a bit round there from Arabba.
5. Test the produce at the brewery bar opposite the lift. Is it as tasty as their website suggests?
6. Visit Il Professore for ski hire wearing a snowheads buff. I think I have worked out where his shop is.

Flights don't suit the Civetta transfer service and not enough for a private transfer so will hire a small car.

Anything else we should definitely do or not do? Thanks for any replies and advice

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-06-22 17:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Anything else we should definitely do

7. Get to Pecol early, catch the 9.10am bus to Cinque Torri and from there take the new gondola to Cortina.

8. Thursday nights is ice hockey night in the arena.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

7. Get to Pecol early, catch the 9.10am bus to Cinque Torri and from there take the new gondola to Cortina.

I think you mean get to Pescul early (Pecol is near to Canazei! wink )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2 the pick up for the bus to marmolada is just off the town square by the Municipo (town hall). Took about 1/2 hour. Bus back was at about 16:30 and 17:00 from cable car station car park. Worth the day out.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

Confusingly, I think the new gondola to Cortina lands in Pecol
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Leon wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

No, that's Pocol! Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Get to Pecol early, catch the 9.10am bus to Cinque Torri and from there take the new gondola to Cortina.

Um! tricky one. There is a bus up the valley from Belluno to passo Falzarago. From there other busses and routes lead to Cinque Torri including a lift up the Lagazuoi. If you have a car then from Alleghe up to passo giau to the Fedara lift and hence enter the cinque torri from the Averau is an interesting alternative. There is an excellent gelateria in Selva on the way back.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair Pink wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

No, that's Pocol! Laughing

Thanks for the correction. It’s all Greek to me.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Get to Pecol early, catch the 9.10am bus to Cinque Torri and from there take the new gondola to Cortina.

Um! tricky one. There is a bus up the valley from Belluno to passo Falzarago. From there other busses and routes lead to Cinque Torri including a lift up the Lagazuoi. If you have a car then from Alleghe up to passo giau to the Fedara lift and hence enter the cinque torri from the Averau is an interesting alternative. There is an excellent gelateria in Selva on the way back.

The bus from Pescul (not Pecol!) to Fedare that @AL9000 mentioned drops you at the Fedare lift on the rear side of Cinque Torri which takes you up to the top at Averau. Costs €5 per person. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.altabadia.org/media/pescul-fedare.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjN572svfT1AhVOi1wKHUEZCVsQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1WgZLIGLkIY4wxnASIPn88

Skiing from Alleghe to Pescul to get the bus is an easy way of getting to Cinque Torri. I presume when you mention the gelataria in Selva you are talking about Selva di Cadore and not Selva/Wolkenstein in Val Gardena?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the info so far. Does anyone know if there are ski deposit lockers for rent anywhere around the top or bottom of the gondola? I know the pre bashers use the shuttle service from Europa so wouldn't need them, but may have spotted some en route up or down.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair Pink, yes, we call into that gelateria quite often when returning to Alleghe (actually Sala a bit down the valley) after a day's climbing. It is a very pretty village with wonderful views. Like a few Dolomite ski villages you do need a bus to get you to the skiing.

To me this is Selva as opposed to Wolkenstein in the German/Ladin speaking area (just trying to stick to the tradditional names and the names on my maps)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@johnE, "There is an excellent gelateria in Selva on the way back." - do you mean Cafe Mozart? (on a corner of the main road, sometimes with a BIG dog sitting outside..)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@albob, Sorry, I think it is called "Bar Gelateria Val Fiorentina", but it is more or less at the junction opposite the church. Google maps gives the coordinates as 46.451522289126586, 12.035193963360186.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ahh - I was in Cafe Mozart last week and in my best Italian ordered what I thought was a 'fancy' hot chocolate.
A large dish turned up consisting of Chocolate ice-cream covered in a large dollop of whippy cream in a bath of hot custard...
Did I send it back?? -- NO way Very Happy

---

Shall look up your recommendation 'next time'..

=======edit=====

Missed the Selva/Wolkstein part of your post :: I was in the wrong village (Wolkstein..) :: Doh..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Answering my own question but putting it here in case anyone else stumbles across this thread looking to visit Alleghe
https://www.rentalleghe.com/deposito/
Is the link to rental lockers next to the ski pass office and sent to me by the tourist office
snow conditions
Thanks for the info all, hopefully it will help others and will definitely help me in the future but my 5th March trip to Alleghe for this year has somehow turned into a trip to Flachau........
ski holidays
@toyah807, you probably made the right choice.
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, thanks for the reassurance. Alleghe will stay on 'the list' but the forecast (accepting nothing is certain beyond a few days) and snow so far this season tipped the balance. Finding a decent price for half board in Flachau helped too
snow conditions
Bumped for another question.. ..
Once you take away the Snowheads during PBBWUW how busy are the bars in Alleghe?

We guessed wrong with which week PBBWUW would be and can't change our flights, but the place, skiing and prices for Alleghe are still tempting. We don't want parties, just not to be the only customers. I am thinking the brewery bar at Garni Esperia, the wine bar and our hotel bar would be on the short list of options. There are 6 of us so we will make some of our own entertainment and something akin to the Portavescovo Stube level of custom and noise would be fine.
Or should we just pay a bit extra and carry on past to Arabba? I have it in my head that a lot of visitors to Alleghe would be more local and drivers, with Arabba just a bit busier.
snow report
Bump for last question on this. Prices for food look really cheap from our research but hard to see if any decent bars with a bit of life in them. Would appreciate any info please.
ski holidays
I remember the bars as fairly quiet from when I last went in a low season week 4 years ago. However, they were great value and still had some atmosphere. I seem to remember them being busier on Friday and Saturday nights when there were more weekenders around.

Alleghe is great. The village itself is attractive and the setting one of most dramatic in the alps.

Remember, quieter bars mean quieter pistes. I remember some days mid week where it felt like we were skiing in a private resort in some sections of the piste map.
snow conditions
Thank you lapalma for the update.
We can make our own noise so not too bothered if its a bit quiet. As long as there are a few decent authentic Austrian style bars and I dont have trade a kidney for a beer and meal.
Any recollection of prices approx? We did San Vigilio last yr and im still paying the debit card off Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy