Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France removing testing requirements for entry for fully vaxxed

Poster: A snowHead
From morzine source.

TRAVEL UPDATE: Because there’s never a dull moment where COVID is concerned (even on a Friday evening), the French government have tonight scrapped the testing requirements to enter the country for fully-vaccinated travellers.
This change comes into force at midnight tonight.
Note that in France, fully-vaccinated for the purposes of travel is defined as two vaccinations; a booster is not required for travel. Travellers aged up
to 18 years continue to travel under the vaccination status of their accompanying parents or guardians.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the french site this morning there is no mention of accompanying minors. Understand 12s no tests, then split in to vaccinated and unvaccinated.
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-deplacements-internationaux
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fantastic ...off in 3 weeks ...I had better book the ferry..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great news. This has really lifted my mood this morning.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bet there are a lot of arguments at Eurotunnel today - they still claim tests are required and bet message hasn’t got to front line yet
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This is getting ridiculous. So children over 12 not fully vaccinated now cannot enter France, as of today ???!

Interested to hear from anyone at the ferry/tunnel this morning.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gazzza wrote:
This is getting ridiculous. So children over 12 not fully vaccinated now cannot enter France, as of today ???!

I think it’s more a question if they need testing at all. France always forgets to detail minors. I’m sure it will become clearer today.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Due to travel on a crossing tonight. The car is loaded. Problem is imminently due to leave home to go to a family event for the day so not going to be able to follow.

There must be tons travelling with 13-14-15 year olds today without their full vaccine schedule yet. Fingers crossed it is an ommission not a zero notice change.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/france-covid-test-uk-travel-b2013662.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
info on teenagers
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918
Travel with minor (under 1Cool
Eh oh! ️ The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors (under 1Cool, whether or not they are vaccinated.
Eh oh! ️ Unvaccinated minors (12 to 17 accompanied by unvaccinated adults are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure, compelling reason, sworn statement).
Eh oh! ️ Children under 12 are exempt from all Covid travel restrictions in all cases (test, quarantine, form...).

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 12-02-22 10:07; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, Ambafrance now seems clear that the measures applied to vaccinated adults still extend to accompanying minors.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918

Quote:

TRAVELLING FROM THE UK TO FRANCE
1. Travelling from the UK to France
Vaccinated people Eh oh!
Prior to departure, vaccinated people authorized to enter France from the UK will have to present to the transport company (depending on their situation):

From Saturday 12 February 2022 onwards, vaccinated people do not need to take any COVID-19 travel tests before they travel to France from the UK.

1. A proof of vaccination

Eh oh! ️ Since January 30 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, travellers aged over 18 and one month who had their full vaccine course over 9 months ago and have not since received a COVID-19 vaccine booster must follow the rules for unvaccinated passengers to enter France.

2. A declaration of honor

A sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to their crossing.

Travel with minor (under 18 )
Eh oh! ️ The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors (under 18 ), whether or not they are vaccinated.

Eh oh! ️ Unvaccinated minors (12 to 17 accompanied by unvaccinated adults are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure, compelling reason, sworn statement).

Eh oh! ️ Children under 12 are exempt from all Covid travel restrictions in all cases (test, quarantine, form...).

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 12-02-22 10:14; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is really good news for us (we travel on Friday 18th and are all classed as fully vaccinated or under 12)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris, Eurotunnel now updated.
https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Result

Just hope it stays like this now and doesn’t all change by March. Which of course it could!!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gazzza wrote:

They can enter France. They just don’t need a test if travelling with a vaccinated adult. This is the ONLY change. They will still need to satisfy the conditions for obtaining a Pass Sanitaire while in France.
snow report
No ! It now looks Ambafrance have just changed the words in the last hour or two. It now says, (in the vaccinated section):

Eh oh! ️ Unvaccinated minors (12 to 17 are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure, compelling reason, sworn statement).

That screws it, as they need a compelling reason ?

Myn can get pass sannitate as they have recovery and 1 vax.

There must be some snowheads with unvaccinated teenagers travelling through the tunnel today ?
latest report
franga wrote:
Gazzza wrote:

They can enter France. They just don’t need a test if travelling with a vaccinated adult. This is the ONLY change. They will still need to satisfy the conditions for obtaining a Pass Sanitaire while in France.

It now says they need a a test and a compelling reason ?
latest report
If you look carefully on the ambafrance site, the box for vaccinated surrounds the box for minors, and the first thing it says in the minors section is "Minors (under 18 ), whether or not they are vaccinated, accompanying by vaccinated adults are not subject to compelling reasons." So minors do not need a compelling reason if accompanying someone vaccinated, but they do need to take a pcr/antigen test, if they are between 12 and 17, as they are counted as unvaccinated.
snow conditions
Thanks. That line has been added in the last 45 mins. And a relief!
latest report
Does a 12-16 with one vaccine and proof of recovery count as “fully vaccinated” for travel or will they still need to do a pre-departure test? Have a few going spare now anyway but it would good not to have to add to the paperwork!
snow conditions
Good question. Just don't know. Flying tomorrow and will be giving my 16 year old a test just in case. The pass sanitaire states that either 2 vac or recovery is acceptable, so that bits OK
latest report
This is so frustrating ... the UK government website still states that "the same measures applied to vaccinated adults are applied to any minors (17 and under) who are travelling with them, whether vaccinated or not".
ski holidays
@franga, Why is that frustrating?
ski holidays
NickYoung wrote:
@franga, Why is that frustrating?

It suggests that unvaccinated minors can enter France without a test if accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult ("same measures") - this is not true as unvaccinated minors still need a -ve test to enter.
snow conditions
@franga, I see. But why would you use the UK gov site for the French govs rules?
snow report
NickYoung wrote:
@franga, I see. But why would you use the UK gov site for the French govs rules?

Just trying to confirm what we actually need mate - but I think we're clear now ... only our unvaccinated 14Y old will need a -ve LTF ...
ski holidays
@franga, It's never easy, is it!?
latest report
This feels like Groundhog Day again - I guess it all comes down to the definition of fully vaccinated - is that 2 jabs or 1 jab and recovery. Part of me thinks its a bit of a non issue as we are heading to Morzine via Geneva but part of me thinks I'll give it another 24hrs and then get a kit for my teenager just to be sure if there is no more clarity
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Re Italy. Don’t forget they continued to welcome us to ski in their country when France was saying “Non! Go away!” (forcing us to switch last minute to that lovely pasta/pizza filled and cheap-to-holiday-in country)…. and although we are now going back to France in a few weeks, we appreciated the Italians’ welcome.
ski holidays
Hi everyone, this is my first post so apologies that it's a question, and apologies if I inadvertently break any forum rules...
I wonder if anyone could offer some advice - I'm in a right mess with this.

We're booked to travel to Montgenevre (Crystal, Hameau des Airelles) on Saturday (19th). My daughter is 12, single vaccinated and recovered from covid in October so, as far as we were concerned, she qualified for a PS. We've jumped through the hoops and got her an NHS login, got the QR codes for both vaccination and recovery and even uploaded them to the TAC app on her 'phone.

I've just found out tonight though that, as of Tuesday 15th, recovery has to have been within 4 months and not 6 months to qualify for PS and she's outside by 10 days.
So, now she only has a single vaccination and, as far as I can ascertain, we are in the following situation:

- She (still) needs a -ve LFT 48hrs or less before travelling, but otherwise takes on our vaccination status (2+ booster)
- She will have to perform daily, witnessed, LFTs to qualify for a pass sanitaire.
Can anyone tell me that I'm wrong (please?!).

If right, can she even get on the transfer coach with out a witnessed test first? What about accessing the accommodation?!

Grateful for any advice. Thanks, Steve.
latest report
Hi @StroudSteve, welcome to SnowHeads (from Stonehouse)!

I feel your pain and it seems Beeches Green has stopped doing walk-ins this week. We do have some tests booked for Gloucester on Thursday that we no longer need, if it's any help. PM me if needed.

If you're flying from Gatwick, we may well end up on the same flight and bus on Saturday as we're off to Serre Chevalier.
snow report
Hi jd_evans, thanks for the quick response, offer and welcome. We're not short of 'fit to fly' tests - in fact we've got more than enough postal ones ordered, now that the adults don't require them anymore!
It's more the particular issues around the 12 year old who no can no longer (it seems) get a PS with her covid recovery status that are causing me angst. I have so many unanswered questions buzzing round my head right now!
We're BHX to Chambery, so will just have to wave as we pass over London!
Steve, from... Stroud!
ski holidays
@stroudsteve - where have you seen this requirement re recovery within 4 months? Recovery as I understand it for the PS is within 180 days. Are you confusing with changes required for the PV for adults?
snow conditions
@StroudSteve, I don't want to give you false hope, but I'm fairly sure that you're wrong.

From a bit of reading around, the reduction in the validity of recovery certificates taking place on 15th February seems to be for the pass vaccinal but not the pass sanitaire. (It's the pass sanitaire that your daughter needs.)

The reduction in validity of the recovery certificate for the pass vaccinal appears to be directly related to the reduction in the period for which 2 jabs are valid without a booster, which is happening on 15th February.

There are a few webpages that seem to support the above, including:
https://www.haute-savoie.gouv.fr/Actualites/Coronavirus-Covid-19/Pass-vaccinal-et-sanitaire

I'd suggest holding tight, then scanning your daughter's recovery code using the TAC Verif app on the 15th to confirm that it's still valid.

NB. I'm pretty reliant on google translate, as my French is rubbish.
ski holidays
StroudSteve wrote:
Hi everyone, this is my first post so apologies that it's a question, and apologies if I inadvertently break any forum rules...
I wonder if anyone could offer some advice - I'm in a right mess with this.

We're booked to travel to Montgenevre (Crystal, Hameau des Airelles) on Saturday (19th). My daughter is 12, single vaccinated and recovered from covid in October so, as far as we were concerned, she qualified for a PS. We've jumped through the hoops and got her an NHS login, got the QR codes for both vaccination and recovery and even uploaded them to the TAC app on her 'phone.

I've just found out tonight though that, as of Tuesday 15th, recovery has to have been within 4 months and not 6 months to qualify for PS and she's outside by 10 days.
So, now she only has a single vaccination and, as far as I can ascertain, we are in the following situation:

- She (still) needs a -ve LFT 48hrs or less before travelling, but otherwise takes on our vaccination status (2+ booster)
- She will have to perform daily, witnessed, LFTs to qualify for a pass sanitaire.
Can anyone tell me that I'm wrong (please?!).

If right, can she even get on the transfer coach with out a witnessed test first? What about accessing the accommodation?!

Grateful for any advice. Thanks, Steve.

Hi Steve - can you please post the relevant link? I know that the Pass Vaccinal rules are changing from the 15th to align its parameters with the change in the 2nd vaccine / booster timeline. As far as I'm aware the Pass Sanitaire rules remain unchanged. But I might be wrong and in for a big shock as we are in a similar position.
ski holidays
Hi Ibown, I spotted it in this article first - https://www.thelocal.fr/20220131/explained-vaccine-pass-rules-for-travelling-to-france-with-children/ (you'll have to keep refreshing to dodge the paywall, I tried to post a screenshot but i don't think that's possible(?).
I then found, in the TAC app (Wallet, INFO), in the section "Pass: when & how" it says "According to the decree of January 23rd 2022, vaccination certificates (or test certificates for 12 to 15 year olds) must be presented in France for places and activities subject to the pass on French territory"... and then, in the list of accepted certificates... "a recovery certificate or positive test, at least 11 days and less than 6 months old. On February 15, the validity will change from 6 months to 4 months".

I really hope I am confused, but I'm not sure I am (to be honest, I'm not sure about anything anymore!).
latest report
Thanks sugarmoma666. Have to say that the majority of official French websites still say 180 days but, at best, there's a contradiction happening (unless, fingers crossed, I've got it all wrong).
snow report
@StroudSteve, morning ... just refreshed the TAC app and I can also see the updated comments on the "info" section.

However, our son's recovery certificate (we all "luckily" got covid in Cyprus in October so are in possession of the EU recovery digital versions) has also been automatically updated and now states that it is valid until 22 April which is 6 months since infection.

Mine and my wife's now state that they are only valid until 22 February - 4 months since infection.

So I'm pretty comfortable that the rules you flagged are for the Pass Vaccinal and that 12-15Y olds are still allowed to obtain a Pass Sanitaire if recovered in the last 6 months.

I'm waiting for the Meribel tourist office to confirm this (we are flying out on Friday). Will let you know what they say but fingers crossed for you and us.
ski holidays
We too have adult recovery from Sept which after checking the app has expired (not an issuer as all boosted), but 13 year old is still showing as valid - so all good! Will check in the verify app tomorrow just to be sure.
snow conditions
Thank you Franga - a ray of hope at least. Please do let me know what Meribel say - I think I should ask Montgenevre too.
When my daughter gets home from school I'll check the validity on her TAC certificate but, as Sugarmoma suggested above, the acid test might be after tomorrow when the date change is potentially due to take place. Thanks again.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy