Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Radial file

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was looking to replace the file I've been using for years and I came across this https://skiexchange.co.uk/products/equipment-toko-radial-file - when do we use a file with a pattern like that? The one I've been using is much finer (though I don't think it counts as "fine")
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know about that pattern but I use the 120mm files from here and I like them: https://thepisteoffice.co.uk/index.php/com-virtuemart/com-virtuemart-menu-categories/the-piste-office-store/edge-tools/files
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Radial files are for removing excess P-Tex from the base after a base repair. They are not for use on edges.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are used for edges too. It's super course file, and it's used to set edges to right angle.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have one of those - it's a big beast and as stated good for getting base repairs flat, or at least that's what I use it for. It's not "fine". I've always used significantly more effete files for the edges meself.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know the science behind it but the radial pattern is commonly found in 'agressive' files. I'm not sure I've ever seen a (to avoid the SH swearing filter) b'stard file that wasn't a radial one (though I don't have a file fetish so not based on an extensive survey).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mjit wrote:
I don't know the science behind it but the radial pattern is commonly found in 'agressive' files. I'm not sure I've ever seen a (to avoid the SH swearing filter) b'stard file that wasn't a radial one (though I don't have a file fetish so not based on an extensive survey).

Ordinarily known as single cut b'stard file as the blades are continuous (each one a planing edge) commonly used for softer metals but would be ok on harder too if you can apply enough pressure to force it to cut into the surface. Ok on a ski edge as the metal is not wide enough to cause a problem with pushing the file. The curve works a little like a angle on a snow plow as it passes through the material.

More "broken" cut faces on a conventional file usually need more filing actions to bring a flat surface as there are some gaps presented to the work site, this planar type can do that in one pass if used effectively.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy