Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seefeld, Schlick 2000 or Bergeralm for 2 night stay

Poster: A snowHead
My wife an I have managed to get 2 nights away flying into Innsbruck on Friday 4th March.
We did something similar a few years back and had a great short break in Mutters, skiing one day locally and another in Axamer Luzum.
This year I’m looking for somewhere new but still very local for obvious reasons. Does anyone have any recommendations on the above resorts? They are in similar ball park for size of ski area and are all quite small. My wife is a rusty intermediate and that’s what counts. Any other suggestions are welcome too.
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seefeld beats the others on prettiness of the village and probably quality of pistes. It’s also not 5min from the motorway. Would be great for a weekend, with a short transfer, and also has other things to do in the area. I would definitely pick Seefeld above Schlick and Bergeralm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seefeld is my favourite, then Schlick, then Bergeralm. Unless the snow is coming from the south in which case I'll go to Bergeralm wink

If you care about the village as well as the skiing, Seefeld is by far the nicest.

The valley run at Bergeralm is actually quite steep, especially at the bottom, so maybe not ideal for your wife.

Schlick tbh probably has more variety than the Seefeld, but I just like Seefeld more... Both have lovely skiing for intermediates, but the valley runs at Seefeld are again probably a bit more nervous-intermediate-friendly than the busy cat tracks at Schlick.

Seefeld definitely has the most snow of all 3 atm.

Hope that helps!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @Scarlet, and @clarky999, I hoped you would both be reading!
We actually stayed in Seefeld pre Christmas a few years back and enjoyed the village but never skied it as snow was poor and we had a car, so travelled to higher resorts each day.
I had heard Schlick was decent but Fulpnes isn’t so nice.
Another thought I had was maybe ski Igls on the first day and then move on for 2 nights and a full day in ne of the specified resorts above
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kuhati & Stubai Glacier are under an hour by the free bus. Obviously you can get to seefeld by train.
https://www.kuehtai.info/en/
https://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/en/ski-area/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seefeld would suit a rusty intermediate for a weekend. The town is nice and the train from Innsbruck is cheap and quick (at least it was the last time I did it). A great place to try cross country if you fancy it as well.

It's also a good setting for a summer break. You don't get to appreciate the lake when it is covered in snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
EdYarker wrote:
Thanks @Scarlet, and @clarky999, I hoped you would both be reading!
We actually stayed in Seefeld pre Christmas a few years back and enjoyed the village but never skied it as snow was poor and we had a car, so travelled to higher resorts each day.
I had heard Schlick was decent but Fulpnes isn’t so nice.
Another thought I had was maybe ski Igls on the first day and then move on for 2 nights and a full day in ne of the specified resorts above

Fulpmes is actually very nice. It's a small, traditional village with a few nice bars/restaurants. It's certainly not a ski resort but would be nice for a weekend. We have had a few weekends there over the years and would go back.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the extra info everyone.
@Mr.Egg, the high resorts are good to have as back up but Mrs Y quite enjoys Austrian villages. Hopefully we will get to ski Kuhati one year from Oetz, which I like the look of.
@musher, we have stayed in Seefeld before and thought it was lovely. We just haven’t skied there yet, but from the info on here the slopes sound good, just a shame they are on the edge of the village. I assume the ski bus is efficient though.
@Bergmeister, this is good to hear as I’ve found a good value hotel near the slopes in Fulpmes. My only question is whether there is enough skiing on Schlick (or the other areas mentioned) for two days skiing, or is it worth going to Patchkerhof straight from the plane on the first day?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@EdYarker,
Ski busses are pretty good running a circular route between Rosshutte (bigger area) and Gschwandtkopf, One line runs one way, the other in reverse. They take the usual break at lunchtime. There is a tiny third area used by the ski schools which your other half might want a go on first if very nervous, the Birkenlift / Geigenbühel.

Be careful because there are other busses taking the XC skiers to outlying XC destinations as well.

One year when snow was poor at Christmas we drove to Stubai a few times which was pretty good, think it was about a 45 minute drive. All other Christmas and Easter trips have been OK (if not great) snow wise.

Any idea where you plan to stay yet?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@musher, the couple of hotels in Seefeld which I was looking at seem to be booked now (you snooze you lose) so I was going to go with Fulpnes, with the possibility of skiing Patchkofel on the first day.
Then I just discovered a good looking option in Fugen. I realise this means a much longer transfer but it also gives far more skiing for two days. I’m now in a dilemma as to whether the extra 45 mins transfer is worth it on such a short stay…
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
EdYarker wrote:
@musher, the couple of hotels in Seefeld which I was looking at seem to be booked now (you snooze you lose) so I was going to go with Fulpnes, with the possibility of skiing Patchkofel on the first day.
Then I just discovered a good looking option in Fugen. I realise this means a much longer transfer but it also gives far more skiing for two days. I’m now in a dilemma as to whether the extra 45 mins transfer is worth it on such a short stay…

once you hit the hour mark, you may as look at brixen, kirchberg for access to Kitzbuel & St Anton
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fugen is about the same on the train as Seefeld.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
musher wrote:
Fugen is about the same on the train as Seefeld.

Ok thanks for that. I always thought it was further. Maybe it’s because you need to change into the Ziller valley line.
Thanks again for all the advice
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think it's 40 mins instead of about 30, not much in it as I remember.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ok, I’ve just booked a hotel called Donnerhof in Fulpmes in the hope that it serves good kebabs.. seriously, it looks very nice with indoor/ outdoor pool and ski bus stop next door.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I now have to decide whether to do two days skiing on Schlick, which would be nice and convenient but perhaps bit samey by the second day, or stop off somewhere on the first day? Any favoured choices, or will the faff of hiring skies twice and travelling further not really worth it?
ski holidays
Easy to get the bus up to Stubai from there. Take the skis with you?
ski holidays
As Scarlet says - Bus to Stubai. Less than 30mins in your gear. Take your breakfast with you for the bus ride.
latest report
Stubai is nice, for your wife the best runs are the blues from the very top.
ski holidays
Thanks guys. I may try to persuade her to give the glacier another whirl. We went there a few years ago and she didn’t like it so much but she may have been having boot issues Eh oh! . Any value in going to Patcherkofel?
I will put a quick report out when we get back. Thanks for now
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy