Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet speedy boarding... speedy disembarking?

Poster: A snowHead
Random thought.... what order does EasyJet allow customers to unload, or is it just a free for all?

As it struck me that speedy boarding with allocated seating is a bit of a not that helpful... speed of getting of the pIane and closer to the front of queues checking passports is.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, +1

Getting off when folks are faffing down the plane when you get allocated seat row 26 due to a seat reallocation is a real pain. Never ceases to amaze me how slow people are at getting bags out of the overheads….don’t get me going about families with babies and youngsters! Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NickyJ, If you get Upfront seats you will be at the front of the plane and therefore first to disembark. The extra legroom seats that also come with speedy boarding are rows 10-12 so still quite close to the front.

The only problem is that at lots of airports there will be a bus from the aircraft to the terminal, in which case it really is a free for all. The most experienced time disembarking so they are the last to get on the first bus, not easy to achieve with kids in tow and probably does not make that much of a difference as you will be dumped into a general arrivals area where other flights will also be being fed in.

The main benefit in my view of Speedy Boarding is check-in on the way home. Especially Geneva on a peak weekend for skiing, the dedicated bag drop will be 5 mins waiting vs. huge queues that you stand in until your departure time is close at which point you are pulled forward. Stressful and uncomfortable, not least as you then have a rush to get through security, passport control and get to the gate in time for your flight.

If I remember correctly you are flying to Geneva right? In the past our flights from Edinburgh have mostly unloaded via air bridge but not always!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 5-02-22 8:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aisle seat as far forward as possible. Or take chance that rear doors are also used and go for an aisle seat as far back as possible.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last time I flew EJ they allowed those upfront who had paid for extra legroom get off 1st. Cabin Crew blocked the isle.
Depends really on if the plane is on tarmac & they use the stairs for 2x exits, or an airbridge with the single exit.

Then everyone moves as quickly as possible to get to immigration. Then wait at baggage reclaim for the lottery of if your bag is unloaded 1st or last.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mr.Egg, We never rush to get off at Edinburgh. Luggage always takes ages anyway so whats the point.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
We never rush to get off at Edinburgh. Luggage always takes ages anyway so whats the point
Laughing

I have always considered myself to be very impatient but, after reading this thread, maybe I'm not so bad after all wink

Immigration queues to enter Austria, Germany, Switzerland etc are never anywhere near as bad as Manchester Stansted etc - and when I get back to the UK, I'm in no particular rush to get out of the airport.

Then there's the pay for speedy boarding and get the same bus to the plane as everyone else lark Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mountainaddict, The real benefit of speedy boarding is access to EasyJet Plus bag drop (especially at Geneva) and decent hand luggage (if that is important to you).

Travelling with the family - would not consider NOT being able to use dedicated bag drop when going through Geneva on a peak weekend.

Travelling on my own - in normal times I leave my touring and off-piste kit in Switzerland with friends, so often travelling with hand baggage only so being able to take something decent sized is a benefit.

The only benefit of being the first to board was to get overhead locker space. Not an issue now on EasyJet as only those who have paid for it can use it, and are guaranteed to get their carry on in the cabin, so no real benefit to that aspect now.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If speed of getting on the road to resort us you’re aim then I recommend the driver takes zero responsibility for luggage and simply goes straight to car hire desk, the rest gets luggage and meets them at car hire (hopefully with car keys in hand)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have a private transfer booked and hoping to maximise chances of getting the 18:30 lift up the mountain to our accommodation, as if we miss that it is anther 1hr until 19:30 ride. If we miss that it is much later...

Outward it is Bournemouth to Geneva. No need to pay for speedy boarding / bagdrop in UK as so few flights leave Bournemouth. But just wondering if advantages when we get off.

We are in rows 14/15 and are always efficient getting stuff together and off even when our kids are small.... they are well trained Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny996 wrote:
If speed of getting on the road to resort us you’re aim then I recommend the driver takes zero responsibility for luggage and simply goes straight to car hire desk, the rest gets luggage and meets them at car hire (hopefully with car keys in hand)

This. Its our go to plan, especially if the car hire desk is a bus ride away to the other part of the airport like Lyon. I normally do the driving, so the rest of our group wait for the baggage etc and I push on ahead which is easier to do as a single! Quite often, I'll have the car in the pick up zone waiting for them to emerge with all the luggage.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ, I would say you are unlikely to save much time being at the front of the plane, especially if you are well organised. You may well end up being bussed from the aircraft, in which case there will definitely be no benefit.

Also if you have luggage to pick up it is unlikely it will be there before you are though immigration. I have had that happen in Geneva but rarely! And never with skis.

As I said the bigger benefit is on the way back, I highly recommend you get Upfront seats for the return leg at least next time!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@zikomo, we managed to upgrade seats once I switched to a PC. So return is good.

I hadnt bothered outbound as much expensive with not enough advantage
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NickyJ, Great! And agree not much benefit on the way out.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
zikomo wrote:
@NickyJ, Great! And agree not much benefit on the way out.

It was just suddenly had the thought that there may have been an advantage, hence the question Smile
latest report
BA flight into Zurich last week disembarked by row number. If they roll that out and free snacks again I will book up!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy