Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryan Air Flight Cancellations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ryanair just cancelled our winter ski flights for December???? But we can go to their website and rebook the same flight for an additional £165!!!
What a game they play...just lost my custom and booked with another airline. Pirates.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ralphster, Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ralphster, which route?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Manchester - Grenoble
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They are also cancelling flights on summer routes for 2023

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 19-10-22 11:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ralphster wrote:
Ryanair just cancelled our winter ski flights for December???? But we can go to their website and rebook the same flight for an additional £165!!!
What a game they play...just lost my custom and booked with another airline. Pirates.

I have had airlines cancel flights before they was pulled from online booking.
Give it a day or 2 & check again - in the meantime, you could always collect screenshots making sure the current time & date are showing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I honestly avoid Ryanair like the plague. Easyjet are ok usually. Though I often find that because of their very restrictive baggage for basic fares (only 1 rucksack/handbag each), and them charging around £70 per checked bag for a return flight, it usually comes to about the same price as BA or Swiss. If I was able to share suitcases with whoever I'm travelling with then EJ would be cheaper, but for a ski holiday that's not the case. And if a budget airline is charging the same as a full service airline, I'm always going to choose full service, no reason to endure EJ when I can fly BA or Swiss for the same price.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BA hardly covered themselves with glory last winter ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
zaphod424 wrote:
I honestly avoid Ryanair like the plague. Easyjet are ok usually. Though I often find that because of their very restrictive baggage for basic fares (only 1 rucksack/handbag each), and them charging around £70 per checked bag for a return flight, it usually comes to about the same price as BA or Swiss. If I was able to share suitcases with whoever I'm travelling with then EJ would be cheaper, but for a ski holiday that's not the case. And if a budget airline is charging the same as a full service airline, I'm always going to choose full service, no reason to endure EJ when I can fly BA or Swiss for the same price.

Have you flown BA recently? Its a Budget+ airline for short hops to Europe. BA is not an option for the majority of the country either.
Stuck with EJ, Jet2, RA & Wizz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The stats for this summer tell a tale, avoid Easy and BA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepointsguy.co.uk/news/most-reliable-airlines-cancellations-uk/amp/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To be fair to BA, they tend to operate a lot of flights a day on a particular route, and the cancellations can be more like 6 flights being condensed to 5. We’ve had flights cancelled but it’s usually because they dropped one and moved us to one a couple of hours earlier/later.

Whereas friends on other airlines it’s cancelled and moved to the following day, or if EasyJet, just cancelled and sort yourselves out!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

The stats for this summer tell a tale, avoid Easy and BA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepointsguy.co.uk/news/most-reliable-airlines-cancellations-uk/amp/

This is a bit disingenuous though. It ranks by total cancellations, rather than %. BA has a lower cancellation rate than Wizz, KLM, Lufthansa. And this summer was an especially bad period for them regarding cancellations. Also, it's not really about the number of cancellations, but how they deal with them, if RA cancel on you they're not going to help you at all, largely because airlines like RA only operate a few (or even 1) flight per day on each route, but operate loads of routes, so if your flight is cancelled chances are you're screwed. Whereas BA will often have multiple flights on each route (but they only fly from a few airports), and lots of their cancelled flights will have been cases where they cancelled as they couldn't fill all the planes that day, so cancel one and reallocate those passengers onto the others, not ideal, and BA certainly doesn't have great customer service, but it is leagues above what you get from budget airlines.

The point being that just judging off the total number of cancellations is plain wrong, but even using the % of cancellations isn't giving the whole picture and is a bit misleading.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@zaphod424, @ish303, agreed.

I've had quite a lot of cancelled BA flights over the years (albeit a small % of my flights). I've come out a long way ahead through moving cheap flights to what would otherwise be expensive dates/times due to the flexibility that BA gives when you are cancelled.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy