Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easy skiing for middle aged couple, w/c 12 March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
with respect to the initial posters and others im 68yrs .if folks thing my age group is going to be palmed off with some un connected cra---y little resort in the dark or some godforsaken alpine backwater think folk underestimate the victor meldrews amongst us.ok im not going to be doing 4 or more revolutions down the 1/2 pipe nor am i going to be hurtling down the hannenkham in under 2 minutes but there is still life in some of us old dogs yet .
probably a good job for the mid term future of ski resorts/villages as over the last few years ive noticed an older demographic skiing and not so many youngsters taking up a winter sport holiday .My 2 grandkids in ski school a couple of weeks ago had a group weeks lesson with just 4 of them in it at the start the other 2 dropped out by wednesday. apologies for going way off topic ho ho
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ski for fun, some of the "godforsaken alpine backwaters" are utterly charming but it takes a bit of maturity to appreciate them. The Alpe di Siusi, described above, for example. And you are a mere child compared to some of us Snowheads.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scrunch77, we went to Seiser Alm in 2019, loved it so were due back in 2020….. all being well we are booked there again for two weeks in March after a week in Altenmarkt. Last time we had the dog with us, so tended to be back down in the afternoon to are her for some lovely walks we found. This year, with all the faffing about with tests etc for us we decided to leave her with our wonderful dog sitter, at her than have the AHC etc to cope with. We did find a charming vet last time in the next village to Seiser Alm.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ski for fun, Bully for you! But the OP asked about easy skiing from a low-altitude resort and name-checked some possibilities to suggest they’re not after the 3 Valleys or PDS! À chacun son goût!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Pamski, did you discover the Gostner Schwaige on your last trip to Seiser Alm? If not, it’s well worth booking in for lunch this time. Have a lovely trip!
https://www.aussergost.com/en/gostner-schwaige/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ski for fun, I'm happy for you.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ski for fun, don't hold back now, tell us what your really think. Very Happy

Any recommendations on what the OP actually asked for? (Albeit they are sorted and booked to Trysil anyway)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Plagne, a blue run, cruising paradise with more than enough skiing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skitech, thanks. The central part of La Plagne is too high for us, but I could see that Les Coches or Montchavin would be OK for us, altitude wise
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scrunch77 (I hope I have tagged you, don't post very often) just back from Seiser Alm, based on your recommendation and wanted to say THANK YOU! We absolutely loved it and it reminded me of how Mayrhofen used to be before it exploded and became a party town! Really beautiful part of the world and we will be back. As a bonus (for some!), it also has the first vegetarian hotel in Dolomites. I will be changing my user name Eh oh!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scrunch77, how rude of me I never replied to you in February, but yes! We did go there, found really by chance as we were heading over that way and saw it so went back last Monday or Tuesday. I had forgotten your recommendation, and thought we were heading for a bowl of soup type of place, but wow, it was terrific. Loved it.
@I love Mayrhofen, we are just home this afternoon after two weeks in Siusi, we again had a great time and a fortnight of blue skies. We were out skiing at 8.30 so made the most of the south facing slopes before they warmed up and worked our way round after that.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@I love Mayrhofen, Thanks for your thoughtful response and I’m delighted you loved Seiser Alm!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Pamski, I’m glad you enjoyed Gostner Schwaige in Seiser Alm!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy