Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Was the Daily Mail Ski show!

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.metroskishow.co.uk/2006/

Now the metro ski show. So thats just aimed at Londoners, one might suggest.

Metro is owned by the same people as the Daily Mail.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 24-05-06 8:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Metro is avaliable on all public transport in west yorkshire too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it's sponsored by The Metro (a free newspaper) I wonder if the ski show will become free to enter? That might encourage me to visit it Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Available in South Yorkshire too
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
'Metro' is the newspaper that made it socially acceptable to pick up discarded newspapers on trains. Previously people did not really do this.

One bloke on my train gets in at one end and walks the length of the train just to ensure he gets a copy !

The evening paper - the 'Sub Standard Lite' - is also a free sheet although you can purchase copies of the later edition. I believe that is also owned by the 'Daily Mail'. So the majority of commuters are 'Daily Mail' readers these days.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Latchigo wrote:
'Metro' is the newspaper that made it socially acceptable to pick up discarded newspapers on trains. Previously people did not really do this.

In London maybe - I'm always on the lookout. In pubs too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yup.....it's always been acceptable "oop north"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They provide excellent insulation
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And good wrapping for any left-over deep-fried Mars bars Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seriously though, a brave move changing the brand in the same year that a competing show is launched.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Bell, I am not in marketing, but I would compare it to football.

The premiereship is still the same whether it is sponsored by Barclays or Nationwide.

The League Cup is still the League Cup regardless of whether Worthington are involved.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Latchigo wrote:

I have always done this (in London). Must be my tight-ar53 northern roots showing through Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latchigo, good point, but by what other title can the Daily Mail Ski Show be known? The "London Ski Show"? Well, there are two of those this year. The "Olympia Ski Show" - but for half of its history it was at Earls Court. Still, I am sure a show with a quarter-century pedigree is strong enough to survive a change of sponsor.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's a cracking read too! We get it here in Gloucester. On the buses every morning on our way into school we'll pick up a copy and we will invariably find a cracking article. It's usually a ridiculous wee wee take of something or it's just plain silly. Fills us with hours of laughter.

We've even found articles for use in Biology - two to be exact! One was about innate and learned behaviour and the other was to do with brain make-up, something about how men and women's brains differ, and which hemispheres are stronger in which, ultimately leading to women having worse spacial awareness (but better at other things before I get attacked - ironing for example Laughing ), the article was of a woman who'd managed to park in a lake (yes, actually in it, about 10 metres from the edge!).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think it might be a smart move to push attendance up. There's a substantial demographic who would rather die than knowingly associate themselves with the Daily Mail and yet have plenty of money to spend on wintersports and Metro has been very successful at getting 18-30 year olds to read newspapers AFAIK.
snow conditions
Will it now attract metrosexuals? Very Happy
ski holidays
Surely Daily Mail readers are too scared of kids with hoodies to leave their own home let alone go on the tube...
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
I think it might be a smart move to push attendance up. There's a substantial demographic who would rather die than knowingly associate themselves with the Daily Mail and yet have plenty of money to spend on wintersports and Metro has been very successful at getting 18-30 year olds to read newspapers AFAIK.

Yes, but Metro readers may also be cheapskates, which would not help.
latest report
Hello, new to the forum and thats why I registered. For nice info like that. Thanks Smile
latest report
Londonmarmotte, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
ski holidays
Hi Londonmarmotte, welcome to snowHeads. You'll find there's lots of nice info around here snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy