Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

confused about what I need to go to Italy help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.Hi sorry for the message but I just wondered if you lovely people can help me. I am so worried I will miss something we need.
We travel to Italy on the 13th February 2 adults fully vaccinated and booster done 1 16-year-old both jabs so I think that's covered. Do we need to print off all QR codes or just the last one ie booster QR for me and hubby the second jab for the daughter?
Also not sure if we need to do an LTF 24 hours before entry as rules changed on the 1st of February and I keep finding conflicting evidence?
Also, when do I fill out the passenger locator form? Is that 48 hours before travel or can it be done now?
Finally is there anything I have missed thanks again
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still no news I think on any changes for brits from 1st Feb so the existing rules still apply.

We fly this weekend the 5th. As of now you need a pre flight LFT taken within 24 hours of your landing in Italy. So if your flight arrives at 09:20, don't take the LFT at 9am the day before if that makes sense. I'm aiming for lunch time the day before to allow for delays.

You can take a more expensive PCR 48hrs before If you wish. If anyone on your family has had Covid recently, would advise against PCR as detection could still occur weeks after recovery.

You need the latest jab QR code. Booster QR code if you have this, or 2nd jab, whichever is latest.

Get some FFP2 masks, the surgical ones here are not permitted.

Not sure how far in advance you can do passenger locator form, I did it yesterday and submitted fine 6 days before flight... You get another QR code once submitted.

I wouldn't buy LFT for another week or so... We went from needing x3 tests to just the one in the end, things are moving fast...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You need FFP2 masks to get on lifts at the bottom of resorts or any enclosed lifts. NHS QR codes work
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@carla4221, Looks like you are all organised!

1. Lateral flow test for all within 24 hours of ARRIVAL in Italy. So time it to allow for that.
2. You only need the QR code from you last jab. But a good idea to have them all with you are the airport just in case someone does not know what they are doing!
3. Get the NHS covid status app on your phone. And add a cope of the QR code from your last jab either as a picture on your phone or in your apple wallet (or whatever the equivalent is). The NHS app needs a data connection to work but a cope of the code provides proof for restaurants, ski lifts etc.
4. NB airlines are pretty much all looking for 14 days since last jab. Hopefully you all are.
5. FFP2 masks are required in lots of places in Italy. And MAY be required on your flight there. These are a higher standard than the cloth or surgical ones most people use here. Plenty of options to get them from Amazon, eBay etc. Get quite a few as you will need them for ski lifts so will need to change them a few times during your holiday.

Have a great time!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ensure that you do not buy the KN95 masks. These are U.S. standard and very similar to the FFP2 but not acceptable. I have just returned from Italy and saw a chap in a lift queue being approached by the liftie because he was not wearing the appropriate mask. Some of the listings on Amazon suggest that KN95 and FFP2 are the same but they are not. Otherwise all as zikomo says above.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SOYES-Disposable-Filtering-Respirator-Protective/dp/B09JWK44MS/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=nnMUq&pf_rd_p=662d1ba3-66b0-4454-81f1-78fad52249a6&pf_rd_r=N6EXSY17J95JDY7P2P5M&pd_rd_r=8b1277cd-835a-4099-a7b7-f4657a5f1e4b&pd_rd_wg=JEgWD&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&th=1&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all fingers crossed all goes to plan and we get there. Just need some snow now Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy