Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NHS QR Code

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if I’m being thick but I’m trying to add my booster jab certificate to the TAC app … when I scan the QR code with another phone’s camera it says “QR code detected / no usable data”. Is this normal? Any advice on how to add the bloody thing to the TAC app would be greatly appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a screenshot of it on your phone then use ‘import’ on the TAC app
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On an iPhone, import appears on the top right once you pressed ‘scan a QR code’
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you very much - it’s worked. I smiled when the celebratory confetti appeared. Much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the TAC app just for France or may we need it in Italy?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:

My TAC worked in Germany so I imagine it will be fine in Italy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks. When the girls one arrived will setup
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ wrote:

It’s my understanding that any of the European apps (including the NHS one) will work anywhere in the EU
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Timmycb5, my girls will only have the letter from NHS. I may be able to get my eldest app OK but definitely not the youngest as she is 12
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of reports in other threads that you don't need TAC just the NHS app.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ wrote:
@Timmycb5, my girls will only have the letter from NHS. I may be able to get my eldest app OK but definitely not the youngest as she is 12

Presumably the letter will have a valid QR code printed on it. AS it's the QR code which is the important bit, not the NHS app or the TAC app etc . She should be able to use the QR in any way that you choose, either just print and laminate, keep as a picture or screen lock on a smart phone, install the TAC app and import it or any other of the many ways described elsewhere in the forum.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ, I posted this in another thread a little while back and have since tested all these methods in France last week and can confirm that they all work.
Timc wrote:
QR access times. In every case the QR code is the same NHS QR code

NHS App - Slowest and must have data/wifi as it refreshes every time...
Quicker: Copy NHS code into TAC app - no need to log in so can be done with no internet
Quicker still: Copy NHS cert into apple (or android?) wallet, access direct from home screen
Even quicker: Screen capture the QR from TAC app, set picture as Lock Screen
Quickest of all: Print, Laminate, Stick to helmet.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK thanks all
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How to get a Covid recovered pass on NHS app - got the original 3 Covid vas?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skilegs wrote:
How to get a Covid recovered pass on NHS app - got the original 3 Covid vas?

It just appears.
ski holidays
Isn’t the NHS app being rolled out to 12 + from next week too?
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Isn’t the NHS app being rolled out to 12 + from next week too?

No NHS app will still be limited to age 13 and over. However we will apparently be able to get age 12+ covid proof via website. At the same time the app for 13+ should allow it to be produced from it for them
snow conditions
@NickyJ, ah Ok.
latest report
I took a picture of the QR code and just show that on my phone no worries about no mobile access, works fine not had anyone refuse it yet, although not been asked for it at any lift for over a wk
latest report
Possibly also being thick but I'm not entirely sure what the TAC app should look like once it's succesfully accepted the NHS QR code. When I scan it seems to say Valide in terms of the process but then when I re-open the app it doesn't look that different but does say "Tac Verif" at the top. Is that it?
snow conditions
@felstead, you've got the wrong app ... "TAC Verif" is used by bars/shops/restaurants etc to verify the QR codes, but "TAC" is used to store your QR codes in order to show to "TAC Verif" (hope that makes sense!)
latest report
oui4ski wrote:
@felstead, you've got the wrong app ... "TAC Verif" is used by bars/shops/restaurants etc to verify the QR codes, but "TAC" is used to store your QR codes in order to show to "TAC Verif" (hope that makes sense!)

Fallen at the the first hurdle!!

Thanks
snow conditions
oui4ski wrote:

Fallen at the the first hurdle!!

Thanks
latest report
@Timc, Like many others, I have 4 x QR codes. Which one should I print to show?
snow conditions
Wends23 wrote:

OK. I was only aware of 3, 1st,2nd and booster. What is the fourth?

Anyway 3 of 3, booster jab QR should do it.

Best way to check is download the TAC Verif app and scan each QR code and it will confirm if valid or not.

Alternatively just scan your QR into TAC and if valid it will show a ticker tape if valid.
snow report
Wends23 wrote:

If you have had four the forth is the booster. use the one with the most recent date.
Most people that have had three primary jabs and then a booster are in high risk groups or were when they had their first jab.
Cancer treatment etc

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 30-01-22 21:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
If you have an iPhone drop the QR codes into your iPhone wallet. No wifi needed to show it then. That's all that was needed in Switzerland and Italy. Not sure what the Andriod equivalent is.
snow report
Heading to France in April. Leaving at 8pm on Eurostar ski train. Does this make it difficult for the 24hour lft test? If I test at 9pm using an at home test and upload photo, all the testers will be shut? Any advice over which tester to use and if my concern is warranted or not. Cheers
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
April is some time away, I suspect there will be changes to testing requirements before then
ski holidays
Quote:

Best way to check is download the TAC Verif app and scan each QR code and it will confirm if valid or not.

Just had a bit of fun and games with my mate over this (we're both off to ADH on Saturday):
I downloaded my NHS Covid pass, saved to phone and printed a hard copy. I then downloaded Tac Verif app and scanned my QR code. Got a nice big green tick.

My mate downloaded his NHS QR code in to the TAC app. I scanned his TAC QR code (several times) and each time App said Invalid. So I then scanned the QR code direct from his NHS download and got a big green tick.

The TAC verif app did seem a bit quick to scan the code before I was sure I was at the right angle/in focus.
ski holidays
@Coco, i used Keep, the Google cloud document tool, just cos its easy to use and it works. Any locally stored doc is fine, I made sure I had pdf of the qr code as well… failing that, cut out and sellotape the QR code to something….
latest report
Garfield wrote:
Wends23 wrote:

If you have had four the forth is the booster. use the one with the most recent date.
Most people that have had three primary jabs and then a booster are in high risk groups or were when they had their first jab.
Cancer treatment etc

I have 4 QR codes. 3 are vaccine doses and 1 is a recovery pass.
snow conditions
Ok. At this point I am out of my depth. All I can suggest is that you test all of the QR codes that you have with the TAC Verif app and whichever one gives you the Green tick and "valid" then use that one.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy