Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice sought about COVID safety in Trois Vallees

Poster: A snowHead
Hi We are looking at possibly getting to the Three Vallies in the next few weeks, but my partner is somewhat Covid vulnerable. What are the infection rates in the area, does anyone know? Other question, for Brits arriving currently - where did you find somewhere to do an eligible COVID test (with results!) 24 hours before travelling? it's not 100% clear but I believe that the antigen-style lat flow test (not the NHS one) is valid for France at the moment (not just the PCR test), does that sound right? We are vaccinated. Thanks for any info/advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It would be worth looking at the Three Valleys thread and maybe posting there:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156501&start=360

The privately purchased antigen tests where they validate the results are fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that confirmation.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wet wrote:
Hi We are looking at possibly getting to the Three Vallies in the next few weeks, but my partner is somewhat Covid vulnerable. What are the infection rates in the area, does anyone know? Other question, for Brits arriving currently - where did you find somewhere to do an eligible COVID test (with results!) 24 hours before travelling? it's not 100% clear but I believe that the antigen-style lat flow test (not the NHS one) is valid for France at the moment (not just the PCR test), does that sound right? We are vaccinated. Thanks for any info/advice.

C19testing among many others recommended in other threads.

Download the French TAC app, there is an Key figures section where you can put the French postcode and it will then make a whole load of stats available to you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Timc thank you. Do you have a URL or search word, I only have a desktop. And can't find TAC in French on Google!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wet wrote:
Hi Timc thank you. Do you have a URL or search word, I only have a desktop. And can't find TAC in French on Google!

It's a mobile phone app. Search for TousAntiCovid.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @sugarmoma666,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @sugarmoma666. I hope I put that on the other thread too ... No! It was a PM ... I think I worked out what I am doing wrong, location-wise, but I am leaving it alone for now ... Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m in St Martin at the moment. Feels pretty safe, strict mask wearing in queues and gondolas. Not that busy so most times able to have a gondola for just our group. Mountain Restraunts, only had to show a covid pass at one, the rest we have either eaten outside or they dont seem too bothered.
Traveled from Geneva on Saturday, at passport control they only looked at my passport but my wife was asked for Swiss locator form and nhs covid pass.
Snowing this afternoon and tonight so a nice top up for the pistes too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have been skiing with local residents who have told me that there are currently high levels of Covid in the 3Vs. One Meribel chalet company owner said that she had 15 members of staff off with Covid, 3 weeks ago. Several lifts have also been closed recently, apparently due to staff shortages related to Covid. I am afraid that I wouldn't agree that there is strict mask wearing in queues and gondolas - particularly at the weekends when the locals are up. The majority of people are wearing masks but they are often not pulled up over the nose. If anything, people seem to be more lax than they were earlier in the season and less checks are being made for proof of vaccination. It is also getting busier, so it is harder to get bubbles and gondolas without sharing. This is the reality that we are experiencing having been here for 2 months.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Having spent the last 5 days in Meribel I would say that as long as you stay away from Bars and abide by the face mask rules you’d be pretty unlucky to catch Covid . Neither the Chalet manager and girls hadn’t had Covid and said that after it swept through the resort at NY things now had calmed down . I wouldn’t say they were party girls however .
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It would be unrealistic to look for any reasonable certainty of not catching Covid in France at the moment. If this is a possibility you simply can't contemplate, I'd say the wisest course of action is to play safe and not go. Also, unless you go next week, it might be silly busy with French school holidays and loads of kids piling in from infection sinks throughout the country!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 31-01-22 22:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SWMBO's boss has just returned from there - now tested positive, and isolating, he suffering quite badly too by all accounts.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The rates in France are high, here’s a link where you can access the stats. https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus. Savoie is sitting at a rate of 3200 per 100k - but dropping apparently.
Mask wearing is a bit lax on lifts, in my opinion too many people are blagging it using a buff. The restaurants are checking vax status. As it’s been sunny, we’ve only eaten indoors in a restaurant a handful of times. It’s been busy, even for January. We’ve been here nearly 3 weeks. So far so good in terms of our own health. I think it may be the case that the bug has raced through the local businesses’ staff so now they are coming out the other side. Who knows where things will be in a few weeks’ time..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Mask wearing is a bit lax on lifts

Possibly, @Perty, because surgical masks out of doors are as much use (or as little use) as buffs or chocolate tea pots?

@pam w, exactly that. And "Neither the Chalet manager and girls had (sp) had Covid " - how do they know? @Rob Mackley? I would not be working on that assumption.
snow conditions
@under a new name, +1. Makes for good theatre though. Got to keep 'sending a message'.....
ski holidays
@snowhound, when we first had to wear masks in the street in Chamonix the Maire was interviewed as to "why?" and just said, "to re-assure the tourists" ... rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy