Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Bournemouth Easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
Seeing some scary photos of the chaos at Geneva and travelling back from there at the end of half term week, I am contemplating paying for fast track through security.

Will this be terminal 1?

Have people booked this before? Is it worth it? Or are the major queues elsewhere in the system/Airport?

Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, i treated myself for the combined fast track security and lounge access at geneva at xmas, breezed through security, though it was not super busy there was about a line of around 100 people going through standard security, then i went straight to the lounge.

i thought the fast track security was worth it, but if it was not for the lounge access, i would have been kicking about airside waiting to be called to the gate. i suppose it all depends on what time you are going to get to the airport before your flight, if time is tight i would go for fast track, if not it may be a waste of money, especially if you are paying for a family.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@terrygasson, thanks. Yes I looked at that as well, though multiplying by 4 does make me hesitate. The security fast track is just 10 chf. We have a reasonable commute as staying in Champoluc. I would like to try and avoid any scrums we can, especially with my ASD daughter.

However getting impression bag drop maybe the issue? Hence the question. Of course BOTH could be an issue
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, sorry, i flew with BA, so did not notice EJ bag drop.

As you say, it is 10CHF each, though probably the cost of a coffee at geneva airport Laughing Laughing

But it would give you and your family a bit of peace of mind to in case the bag drop is busy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@terrygasson, this is our first time with EasyJet, previously has been signed BA or charter before then
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickyJ, easyJet have always been (in my experience) terminal 1. Terminal 2 was just Jet2 and Tui today.

Today the queues in terminal 1 were much better than in terminal 2. I'd still recommend arriving 3 hours before your flight though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Which week is you half term - the majority of the country is 12-19 Feb. But Dorset is 19-26 Feb so if you’re flying back 26th it may be quieter than you think!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For Geneva at half-term with EasyJet the best option, especially if travelling with fractious children, is Upfront seats and Fast Track security on the way back. Bag drop on peak Saturdays is often chaotic with very long queues, to the extent they are often having to pull people forward for specific flights. Upfront seats gets you access to the EasyJet Plus check in desks, never had to queue for ore than a few minutes there. Security can also be very busy - a couple of times it was very difficult to get access to the Fast Track lane as they were stopping people going up the stairs to the security area. It is a relatively small outlay for a much smoother and more pleasant journey.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JulieCarey, heres hoping... Hampshire is also 19th and so is West Sussex.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@zikomo, it doesnt seem to allow me to rebook the seats, i had selected seats with the original book lgw - inn for December 2020. After that as these have been rescheduled and rescheduled, i havent found a way of changing what allocated me.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ wrote:
@zikomo, it doesnt seem to allow me to rebook the seats, i had selected seats with the original book lgw - inn for December 2020. After that as these have been rescheduled and rescheduled, i havent found a way of changing what allocated me.

That was by the app. Logging on allowed me to do so. Still not convinced I have been charged the difference between what we had paid for seats way back when... and what they cost but C'est la vie. It was having a paddy that our return has more baggage than outbound, but no need to speedy boarding / other bag drop, I suspect at Bournemouth with its what 3 flights a day isn't it? Happy

Don't suppose any way of speeding up arrivals at GVA? Again reading people saying it took 2hrs plus to get out. I have mentally hoped for 1hr to get out of GVA with bags, which I am hoping will get us to the lift for the 18:30 ride up the mountain. The next ride up is 19:30.... after that we have a LONG wait.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ, That is unusual! I am sure I have managed to change seats before.

I have just checked my booking on EasyJet and did the following:
1. Clicked on "view booking"
2. Under the flight details on that next screen there are options in blue to "Change flight", "Change names", Change seats and cabin bags", "Add hold items"
3. When I click on "Change seats and cabin bags" it brings up a screen showing the plane, with current seats and options.

This is also a flight that has been rescheduled several times over the pandemic.

I have not yet checked in yet, not sure if that makes a difference. I meant to do that today, so will do so and see if that makes a difference. The only other thing I can think of is if the plane is full and all seats allocated already? Might be the case so close to half term. You could check that by putting your flight into book a flight and see if it comes up with any availability.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ Just looked on FAQ and it says seats can't be changed if you've already checked in. I have just checked-in for our flights and the "Change seats and cabin bags" option is now greyed out. If you have indeed already checked-in might be worth giving them a call and seeing if there is a way round it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@zikomo, the issue was I was trying to do it via the app. When I did Manage booking by PC, I was able to. Thanks for the heads up about checking in. I feared that may happen so I am avoiding checking in, JUST in case I feel we need to have extra hand luggage. With purchased seats, I can't see any advantage to me, to check in until a couple of days before we go?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NickyJ, Consider getting the Upfront or Extra legroom seats for at least the return journey. Also note that they both come with a large carry on bag allowance.

If you do decide to do that, the EasyJet plus desks are at the far end of the terminal - i.e. closest to the end wall - on the left hand side (same side as the entrance). There can be a bit of a scrum to get to the entrance (sometimes a few begging/arguing, or just getting in the way), there is always a staff member standing there policing access so push through the crowds and have your boarding passes ready. It really does reduce both the time taken and the stress.

There IS a benefit of checking in relatively early! Contrary to popular belief, EasyJet do in fact over-book some flights. Generally it is first come first served in terms of check in time when that happens. It is their policy that anyone with Speedy Boarding always gets their seat - so having Upfront/Extra legroom seats or being an EasyJet Plus card holder protects against this. In my experience it is less common on EasyJet than other airlines, but it does happen.
latest report
@zikomo, i have added seats with benefits to return, not the extra legroom as most can't be used by under 16's of which 2 of our party are.

So even though we paid extra to particular seat numbers we could still be bumped?
snow conditions
@NickyJ, It is unlikely, and happens less on EasyJet than other airlines. But yes, it is possible, I have seen it happen. If you have upfront seats you definitely will not be bumped.

Upfront seats can be used by under-16s, but I had forgotten that the Extra legroom can't be (as next to emergency exits).
snow report
@NickyJ, flying back from Geneva after the PSB with BA, I initially thought there was a queue for check-in, but that turned out to be the Easyjet queue stretching right back along the building.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy