Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel covid test refunds/exchanges

Poster: A snowHead
So my covid tests have just arrived today, just as the govt announces that they are changing the rules. So out of the 3, the pre-holiday LFT is still valid - but the UK pre-departure is not needed, and the Day 2 PCR I've ordered now only needs to be an LFT. Which means I've paid £64 more than I need too.

I've emailed QURED to see what they can do, and while I'm not expecting much, I'm hoping they might at least change the Day 2 PCR for an LFT (and maybe refund the difference). Has anyone any experience of having this situation previously, when rules have changed before?

And it would be useful to know if anyone does manage to get a refund, and to know which companies are doing it, as it'll give me more to go back to QURED with (or to know who to go with in future!).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has the new day 2 lft still got to be a paid for one or can it now be a free nhs lft?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rizzotherock, I would assume it still needs to be a paid for certified one, but I have no idea - especially as the point of the other certified LFT's is to show to border control etc. Who will we actually show the Day 2 LFT certificate too?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Other question that there is probably not an answer to yet
Is this uk wide or just England?
No doubt things will become a bit clearer in a day or two Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Garfield wrote:
Is this uk wide or just England?

It is being reported as being England only at the moment, though you'd have to hope that the other parts of the UK will follow suit fairly quickly.

Other posters - please try not to put UK / Britain if you mean England (/ Wales / Scotland / N. Ireland) - the different rules are confusing enough already!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Handy Turnip, this one is a bit left field idea from me.... However, since it was an internet purchase, does the remote selling rules apply where you can return unopened within 7 days. Just like buying something from Amazon??????
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Handy Turnip, this one is a bit left field idea from me.... However, since it was an internet purchase, does the remote selling rules apply where you can return unopened within 7 days. Just like buying something from Amazon??????

Could be a good shout - I've emailed QURED, and I can see they are busily updating their website as we speak. I'm actually more hopeful that I was originally - a lot of the cancellation/refund policy seems linked to government policy, and since it's that that's changing...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you bought them on-line doesn’t the usual 14 day cooling off period apply for distance selling for you to return them? (Of course the seller could claim that they were customised for you and so not returnable, and, if that failed , then charge an admin fee for the return. )
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ster, chronomics certainly offer the cooling off if the test is unused.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GlasgowCyclops, sorry didnt see your reply, same point.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rizzotherock wrote:
Has the new day 2 lft still got to be a paid for one or can it now be a free nhs lft?

the Gov.uk sites states you have to book the LFT before you travel to England !

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:
rizzotherock wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Surely if you’ve got one already, then that is “before you travel to England”. They are only labelled up as different types for marketing purposes for people buying them. Who would even know (or care) if you’d used the “wrong” one anyway?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As I was unable to travel at all due to French restrictions, I applied to cancel my contracts with Randox on 21st Dec, although it has taken them to today and several pokes to get round to contacting me. I have to return tests to either a clinic or to their warehouse by post. I'm waiting for details back on how to do this.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarlet, It was the 'book' bit that surprised me : maybe it is so they can keep a log, to make sure people are doing the correct thing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarlet, you still need to do a passenger location form which, if they have not changed, requires a booking code for the test which the NHS ones dont have, only the private ones. Apparently you can make up a code as there isnt much validation of it, if at all, but is that worth it?
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
albob wrote:
rizzotherock wrote:

Surely if you’ve got one already, then that is “before you travel to England”. They are only labelled up as different types for marketing purposes for people buying them. Who would even know (or care) if you’d used the “wrong” one anyway?

The PLF required a booking reference for the PCR test but LFT boughtbefore the change don't have that.
snow report
@ster, I’m not talking about NHS tests, I’m referring to the return to UK tests that are no longer needed and could be repurposed as a day 2 test, but presumably still came with a booking code. The only reason you wouldn’t be able to do this is because someone wants you to pay again, but as people above have managed to get refunds for unused PCR tests, perhaps that’s not the case.
ski holidays
@adithorp, then ask for one?
latest report
@Scarlet, that seems sensible to re-purpose those alright, but not much of that around at the moment. And I guess people would rather return the more costly PCRs and replace with cheaper LFTs if possible.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@ster, I’m not talking about NHS tests, I’m referring to the return to UK tests that are no longer needed and could be repurposed as a day 2 test, but presumably still came with a booking code. The only reason you wouldn’t be able to do this is because someone wants you to pay again, but as people above have managed to get refunds for unused PCR tests, perhaps that’s not the case.

I think their argument would be that a PCR test is still valid for a day 2 test, wouldn’t it?
ski holidays
adithorp wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
albob wrote:
rizzotherock wrote:

The PLF required a booking reference for the PCR test but LFT boughtbefore the change don't have that.

Mine do - Testing for All.
snow conditions
I have 2 boxes of Randox PCR's left over from when regs changed last year. I neither expect to use them, or get a refund. Shame, as I have to buy more PCR's to get into the US for a conference next month, but the old ones don't come with the correct tick boxes.
latest report
I have 2 boxes of Randox PCR's left over from when regs changed last year. I neither expect to use them, or get a refund. Shame, as I have to buy more PCR's to get into the US for a conference next month, but the old ones don't come with the correct tick boxes.
latest report
Qured have agreed to cancel and refund the Day 2 PCR (as it hasn't been sent yet), and then I can rebook a Day 2 LFT - so that'll save a little money at least!
snow report
@andy from embsay, I am about to buy some LFT products from Testing for All for a short trip to the UK after the new regs come in.
A day 2 LFT for arrival, and a Fit To Fly for when I come back to CH.
I have a couple of Questions:
1 - Is the order reference from T4A sufficient as proof of D2-LFT for UK entry?
2 - The D2 LFT and the FTF LFT look like the same thing. On their website they are priced differently - any ideas?

I appreciate you are not their company spokesperson ( maybe you are Smile ) but you seem to know a bit about this provider, so I appreciate your input.
Thanks
snow report
1. Yes.
2. No clue, sorry - it might be because FtF gets you a certificate?
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, Thanks.
Do you not get a cert with D2 ?
snow report
@WindOfChange, tbh not sure - it was PCR for day 2 last time I was in France. But that’s the only reason I can think of.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@WindOfChange, the PLF code needs to be in the right format - from memory it’ll be 5 letters (TFALL) and 7 numbers and will be on the order email
snow report
@andy from embsay, I think that's the only difference, but you need to contact the supplier to change their records before use if you want to use it for a different specific certified test, as they are recorded and notified differently.

I believe the D2 test is notified to track and trace to cross reference with your plf. The FTF is only notified to you.

The kits used for all tests are, essentially the same. The only difference is that some have a return package included.
snow conditions
@brianatab, Thanks.
TBF the FTF is only 2 quid more so I may as well buy the 2 different ones and use them for the intended purposes.
ski holidays
I don’t think they’re that sophisticated tbh - people (not me) have reused PLF codes and other people (me) have accidentally made them up - I got the order number mixed up with the PLF code and the form kept rejecting the number, so I added a 0 at the start of the number. When I realised the number was nothing like the one issued.

I’ve got TfA kits that I bought as FtF, I have a valid (looking) code so I’ll be using that. If it won’t work I can always call them from France (they’re pretty good on the phone - longish wait but they are there!).
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, I think that's the only difference, but you need to contact the supplier to change their records before use if you want to use it for a different specific certified test, as they are recorded and notified differently.

I believe the D2 test is notified to track and trace to cross reference with your plf. The FTF is only notified to you.

The kits used for all tests are, essentially the same. The only difference is that some have a return package included.
snow report
Project Screen will refund my FtoFly observed test and no return of the test is expected. Could take weeks for it to make my account. I am not enamoured of them for other reasons connected to their info./instructions being out-of-date, unclear and wasting a lot of my time.

Chronomics (TtoR) state lots more reasons why they do not seem to want to play by the 14 day rule and expect you to return the kit at your own expense, all trying to put one off no doubt. Instructions yet to be given me as they haven’t replied to my request.

All adds to the Covid landfill Crying or Very sad masks, wipes, plastic sanitizer bottles, test kits, aprons, gloves, needles, syringes, vials, trees of ever-changing vaccination prescriptions printed out, vaccination cards and paperwork for millions, test certificate paperwork for travel…… Mind boggling. Shocked
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
As I was unable to travel at all due to French restrictions, I applied to cancel my contracts with Randox on 21st Dec, although it has taken them to today and several pokes to get round to contacting me. I have to return tests to either a clinic or to their warehouse by post. I'm waiting for details back on how to do this.

So we are now at the end of January, and I am still waiting for someone to contact me. All I received was 2 emails advising me that they had closed the case, no refunds and no instructions on what I had to do to return them. I've now put the matter in the hands of the credit card refund team at Halifax.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy