Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go in March - wanting to improve on a budget?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs T and I have just returned from St Anton having had our annual trip with friends. We are both solid intermediates and will attempt almost any piste and are totally safe, but are lacking a bit on the style front! We are both keen to improve, but didn’t want to break from the group for lessons, as we just love skiing with our mates.

So, we’re thinking of a second trip on our own, probably mid March, with a view to taking some private lessons and improve, but wouldn’t be able to afford another trip to St Anton. Any recommendations for a mid March trip, to take some lessons, but without breaking the bank. Would be quite happy to go self catering and live on pasta to keep the costs down!!

TVM Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serfaus / Fiss / Ladis

That’s my plan anyway. It may work for you too.

My plan B is Val Thorens on a bash in April
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmy T wrote:
Mrs T and I have just returned from St Anton having had our annual trip with friends. We are both solid intermediates and will attempt almost any piste and are totally safe, but are lacking a bit on the style front! We are both keen to improve, but didn’t want to break from the group for lessons, as we just love skiing with our mates.

So, we’re thinking of a second trip on our own, probably mid March, with a view to taking some private lessons and improve, but wouldn’t be able to afford another trip to St Anton. Any recommendations for a mid March trip, to take some lessons, but without breaking the bank. Would be quite happy to go self catering and live on pasta to keep the costs down!!

TVM Cool

If you can go in the quieter weeks (see Euro School Holidays thread) I'd advise booking very late indeed. Hold your nerve, Thursday or Friday for a Saturday flight snowHead . Best deal I had was in 2013, week in the Schneeberger in Neiderau, very good half board, from Gatwick, £249 with crystal. Essentially free! Might not be possible these days but there will be deals.

Wait to see where conditions and forecast are decent and then book. If you're looking to keep cost down, a last minute with Crystal to Italy mid March might be the way to go. Private lessons in Italy are cheaper than Austria and France. Pyrenees might be an option too, package to Andorra. Or DIY to Baqueira in Spain - there are lots of cheap flights to Toulouse and Flix Bus do cheap and quite regular services from Toulouse to Vielha, the town to stay in if you are skiing Baqueira. Hotels and food in Vielha are very reasonably priced. Instructors there will have you skiing with the flare and panache of a famous matador.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As above for waiting it out to assess roughly snow distribution as that may influence your destination and cost.

Italy a good option, mid march a great time to ski as well anywhere really. Cervinia often comes at decent price on late deals, convenient with TO and stay in town. Any instruction I've taken in Italy has without reservation been really good too.

Sauze d oulx too, but definitely watch snowfall over coming weeks.

France, Val Cenis, for extensive improvement terrain to really enjoy, along with good cost for accommodation and food, also pass cost. Village Llansvillard good to stay but easy snow access without busses for virtually anywhere there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy