Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc (peisey-vallandry)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

As a ski mad group trip organiser for 10+ years I cant believe I have never come across this site. So to make up for not being here I thought I could give you guys and gals a review of a great trip we had to Les Arcs in February 2020 (you know just before it all went wrong). Having organised a few trips before I decided to put my big pants on and organise everything separately so we got a tailor made trip.

Type of Trip: DIY

Travelers: 6 adults

Ski Level: Confident Intermediates

Travel: Eurostar out Friday night arriving Saturday morning at Bourg Saint Maurice, 30min prebooked taxi to the chalet arriving around 07:00. Reverse on the return trip leaving Saturday afternoon.
This was on the old Eurostar ski train. We got the upgrade too to try and help sleep. Check in was easy and relaxed. We got a pretty decent meal onboard as we left Saint Pancras. Sleeping was tough, the seats are very comfy but the lighting stays on full brightness and the angle of the seats just doesn't work. We also got a little breakfast when we woke. Even with the sleeping issue I wanted to do this again. I have since looked at Eurostar to Paris and Couchette sleeper from Paris (that is what I will be planning next year).

Rental: This was the main balls up, I booked the hire gear at a Precision Ski in Vallandry thinking the place was tiny. I was wrong. We had a fairly long trudge over to it from the top of the lonzagne lift. The staff were good and the gear was fine.

Accommodation: I think I did pretty well here. We stayed at a place called La Fruitere (https://www.chalets-paradiski.fr/chalet-numero-2/). This is a beautiful old converted barn. Its about a 5 minute walk to the Lonzagne lift where you are then ready to dive anywhere in Les Arcs. This is self catered but we sourced a cook for the trip (see below)

Food: The chalet was self catered but I found 'Chloes cuisine' (chloescuisine73@gmail.com). Chloe will come to the chalet and cook breakfast and evening meals and leave a cake. I have had catered chalets many times but Chloe was incredible. It felt like we ate at a restaurant each night. I cannot recommend highly enough. Apart from this we ate out on the slopes stopping in at places for lunch.

Skiing: We had a great time skiing but the lower slopes (especially returning from Plagne were cruddy/icy). Also due to winds the upper areas of Les Arcs were closed the whole trip. Nevertheless we had a great time. There was a bit of fresh snow and romping through the tree lined pistes of Les Arcs was a blast.

Village: The village we stayed in was very quiet with your bakers and a small café. This was fine as we generally entertain ourselves in the evening.

Things I would have liked to have done: The only thing I would change was the ski hire location.

Summary: A great time was had. Totally hooked on getting the train and getting 2 extra days skiing. Yes sleeping on the train is near impossible but you forget that when you are on the slopes.

Oh im not sure if you are allowed videos but here is the one I made for this trip
http://youtube.com/v/34lUuLjMcC4&t=19s&ab_channel=AndrewKeyne

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 29-01-22 9:31; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good advice. It’s a resort I’ve looked at as I love the slopes through the trees like the Grizzly and Eagle I think it’s called
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lucy,

Yep, the lift is called Grizzly and the run is called Aigle. All the runs around there are great.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup and the new gondola from Vallandry is very efficient

http://youtube.com/v/vnJKwcjLYTQ
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I'm off to Les Arcs this weekend! Does anyone have lunch spot recommendations for both cheap places and places with a great view? Thanks!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy